Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 4-5 Follow PelicansRe

Payton should be back by the end of this week according to reports. We need a competent ball handler in the worst way.

November 5th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder - 4-5 Follow PelicansRe

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Right now, less than 18% of the way through the season, what makes me most upset about losses is knowing that I'll have to listen to people saying we should trade AD or fire Gentry or something.
    I have never been a fan of Gentry. His style of play only works the best when you have multiple really good jump shooters. We do not have that. We have Nico right now, and he keeps forcing long 3s. AD elbow is still messing with his jump shot. He also looks timid about going to the basket. A good coach adapts and changes it up. Gentry does not adapt. I don’t want him fired during mid season. I just want him to feel a little more pressure. This is a make or break season for the organization. I do not want to lose AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by msw2024; 11-05-2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, at least we can keep our heads up. We played a good 4 quarters.

Cumulatively.

Across the last 5 games.

Man, what on earth happened to our team over the last 8 days? This has been crazy to watch.
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    6 straight now?

Don't tell me we're fine anymore. Better wake the hell up. This is embarrassing.

No one's getting back on defense, taking terrible shots. It's out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    6 straight now?

Don't tell me we're fine anymore. Better wake the hell up. This is embarrassing.

No one's getting back on defense, taking terrible shots. It's out of control.
    Ladies and gentleman, I give you Tim Frazier

Reserve panic for a few more days.....
    While we have lost 6 straight, 5 of 6 were road games against WC playoff teams. The remaining loss was to Gobert when AD was out and he exposed our two other big men as grounded and relatively short. If we continue to draw vacuum at home, or against weaker teams on the road, then feel free to panic.
    That said, AD needs to figure out how to adjust to this elbow problem and restore his killer instinct. He is tentative shooting, catching passes, and rebounding. The problem seems to be as much mental as physical. If that continues we will not be able to make playoffs....

One positive.
    Solomon Hill didn't play again.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    One positive.
    Solomon Hill didn't play again.
    Yup and Wesley Johnson gave us good minutes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information