Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Really, Anthony Davis? {edited}

I could list a million positives that AD brings to the team. And remember, I'm only talking about AD the scorer here. If I'm being objective, my eye test tells me these things:

- His handle is good, but not great. This gets him into trouble quite often. Tries to do 'too much' with the ball.
    - Lacks decisiveness when attacking.

Pretending AD is the perfect player doesn't benefit anyone. Maybe I'm just preparing myself to life with the Pels post AD!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    I could list a million positives that AD brings to the team. And remember, I'm only talking about AD the scorer here. If I'm being objective, my eye test tells me these things:

- His handle is good, but not great. This gets him into trouble quite often. Tries to do 'too much' with the ball.
    - Lacks decisiveness when attacking.

Pretending AD is the perfect player doesn't benefit anyone. Maybe I'm just preparing myself to life with the Pels post AD!
    I'm not saying AD is the perfect player. But there has never been, and probably never will be, a perfect player.

Jordan wasn't perfect. Lebron's never been perfect. Kobe wasn't perfect. Shaq, Kareem, Magic, Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Stockton, Malone, weren't perfect.

AD's game has holes. You listed two of them. Here's another: hasn't ever been a top level playmaker. That seems to be changing this season but we're still early. Can't shoot the three brilliantly. Again, has looked improved this season, but it's still early.

But complaining that a player isn't perfect is like complaining that gravity is too inconvenient. Oh well, it's a permanent constant you'll always have to deal with, get used to it.
    Basketball.

Yeah my use of perfect wasn’t literal. Thanks for the discussion ��

Better game from AD, that's the "fire" we need to see from him every night...

We still miss having a floor general though, glad we get EP back Saturday

Thread Information