Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Really, Anthony Davis? {edited}

Really, Anthony Davis? {edited}

You think you are the best player in the league but you are far from it. This team isn't holding you back, you are. Barely a top 10 player at this point and missing games willy nilly. If you want to go, let us know now so we can get the best return for you.

You should take a leaf out of Jrue Holiday's book, man is a Saint on and off the court.

Jrue is the true heart of this team, Anthony Davis is the flashy new fascinator
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-03-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Okay okay.

I don't want to say calm down, but... Y'know?

As much as I'm frustrated with AD' mediocre performance in the last two games and his injury issues, to claim that he's not even a top ten player is an absolute joke.
    Basketball.

I just want more praise for Jrue

Basketball Guru
    lol ..on that note good night lol....the board done gone mad...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol ..on that note good night lol....the board done gone mad...
    For real.

Y'all come back to this thread when he goes to the Lakers

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How is any of this helpful? Do you even feel better having said it?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    lol glad I missed the game sheesh. He's not healthy right now, and the team has multiple injuries.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Man plays two bad games on a bum elbow and this BS gets posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Man plays two bad games on a bum elbow and this BS gets posted.
    What's funny is that they're not even that bad.

They're very sub par for him, and of course that's frustrating. But he's averaged 17/10/5 with 3 blocks a game in those two games. Obviously 17 points is low for AD, and he's shooting a shockingly low percentage for him (a little under 40%), but for most players that's still solid games.

That's how you know he IS a top ten player. When stat lines like 17/10/5 with 3 blocks become shockingly bad games.

AD is all like 'Y'all need to prove to me that I should stay here, I'm the best player ever'

FOH, this ball club is bigger than CP3 and it's bigger than Anthony **** Davis'

AD isn't even saying that. It's all conjecture. Find one quote where he says he's leaving if the talent stays the same.

And you said you were done. Lol

Also.......we're 4-0 with our starters.:P

Same thought myself recently. Look at how other stars have stepped up already. The noise giannis is making... kawhi.... even Blake f’ing Griffin is doing more.

Coming out and saying you’re the best, was really thinking MVP year and and possibly division champs .... and then literally being absolute poo and injured. Not cool.
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Same thought myself recently. Look at how other stars have stepped up already. The noise giannis is making... kawhi.... even Blake f’ing Griffin is doing more.

Coming out and saying you’re the best, was really thinking MVP year and and possibly division champs .... and then literally being absolute poo and injured. Not cool.
    You're right, AD should have remembered that and not sprained his elbow. Spraining his elbow was a terrible choice he made. Shouldn't have gone out there and forced Payton to sprain his ankle either. How could he have been so foolish?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You're right, AD should have remembered that and not sprained his elbow. Spraining his elbow was a terrible choice he made. Shouldn't have gone out there and forced Payton to sprain his ankle either. How could he have been so foolish?
    He's been with this franchise for 6 years he should know not come out and talk himself up knowing he's always injured and no team he has played for can stay on the court.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yccrvouj

Boston sends Sacto 1st to Minny, and we send our 1st to Minny.. Make it happen Dell.. As much as I like AD, with his comments and now his play, I'm afraid hes letting things go to his head

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    AD isn't even saying that. It's all conjecture. Find one quote where he says he's leaving if the talent stays the same.

And you said you were done. Lol

Also.......we're 4-0 with our starters.:P
    i wish he really was done. Exaggerated negativity is just tiresome. It’s all the same. AD wants to leave. Solomon Hill is worse than Hitler. I’m done with the team, but I’m going to continue to make threads so I can complain. I’m not negative; I’m a realist.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yccrvouj

Boston sends Sacto 1st to Minny, and we send our 1st to Minny.. Make it happen Dell.. As much as I like AD, with his comments and now his play, I'm afraid hes letting things go to his head
    Remember last season, and how after Boogie went down AD played something like three subpar games, and everyone (including me) for very annoyed with him for his poor play. And then he spent like three months dominating the entire league, forcefully inserted himself into the MVP race, led us on a 10 game winstreak, played at an unbelievable level in the Portland sweep and generally made us all look stupid?

Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Listen, I tend to shift towards the pessimistic side more times than not. The one thing that we can't do is blame AD, because he's given his all to this team.

The Pelicans have not throughout his career. Claim injuries as much as you want, but the Pelicans haven't given Davis a good enough team to work with. That's why this season is crucial to our future. Last year, we finally put on a good enough team to succeed. But now it's time to keep it going, and get even better. Don't be satisfied with past successes and "what could be if not for injuries." Good teams find a way to win even when key players are hurt.

When Chris Paul was aiming to leave, I remember he didn't give a damn when he played. He half-assed it. AD has not.

This is the exact same team that swept Portland. What's the difference? We aren't healthy right now. It's really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is the exact same team that swept Portland. What's the difference? We aren't healthy right now. It's really that simple.
    Not true
    That team had Rondo. This team has Payton, Randle, and Wesley Johnson.

This team is better than the team that swept Portland. Our first four games showed it. We won them all, using gritty defense, a stubbornness bordering on insanity, and a blistering offense.

It's that team that's not healthy. AD just got back off the elbow, Payton's still out, Miller just had his first game back, and Randle is battling foot injuries. Like I said last night, there does have to be a cutoff point, but I'm willing to give some leeway until after this roadtrip.

Not true
    That team had Rondo. This team has Payton, Randle, and Wesley Johnson.

This team is better than the team that swept Portland. Our first four games showed it. We won them all, using gritty defense, a stubbornness bordering on insanity, and a blistering offense.

It's that team that's not healthy. AD just got back off the elbow, Payton's still out, Miller just had his first game back, and Randle is battling foot injuries. Like I said last night, there does have to be a cutoff point, but I'm willing to give some leeway until after this roadtrip.
    Sure, I could make the argument this team is even better than the one that blanked Portland. Fans just have the shortest memories ever to the point that some are even turning on AD, 9 games into the season after he finished top 3 in DPOY and MVP voting and having our best start in nearly a decade.

I've never seen so much chicken little trash in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Sure, I could make the argument this team is even better than the one that blanked Portland. Fans just have the shortest memories ever to the point that some are even turning on AD, 9 games into the season after he finished top 3 in DPOY and MVP voting and having our best start in nearly a decade.

I've never seen so much chicken little trash in my life.
    I can kind of understand it to a small extent. Hell, reread the last game thread: I wasn't focused on AD in particular but the way the majority of the team was playing was very disheartening, and it's easy to get frustrated when you're passionate about the game. God knows I did it too.

But calling him not even a top ten player and calling for trades and stuff is just... A little too far. A moment of reflection before you let frustration turn into rashness.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Y'all come back to this thread when he goes to the Lakers
    im a pelican fan period...AD leave or stay,,im a pelican fan period...

Remember last season, and how after Boogie went down AD played something like three subpar games, and everyone (including me) for very annoyed with him for his poor play. And then he spent like three months dominating the entire league, forcefully inserted himself into the MVP race, led us on a 10 game winstreak, played at an unbelievable level in the Portland sweep and generally made us all look stupid?

Don't be a prisoner of the moment.
    I remember, but after all the offseason talk that he wants to prove hes the best player in the world, to basically throwing his teammates under the bus saying he has to play almost perfect to win a game (that to me implies hes saying he has no help), to actually playing like hes not even a top 10 player... If AD is serious, he needs to show he is, not throw shade at teammates, hint about leaving, etc..

He should look no further than Brees to see how a true leader is on a winning team

Thread Information