Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 4-4

Pelicans November 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 4-4

Four game loss streak, no problems.

For me the win here depends on AD and Miller. If they're back (listed as questionable by @PelicansPR on twitter), and legitimately back rather than just playing like AD was against Golden State, then I think we have a solid chance. If they're not, or if they play but shouldn't really be playing, then we lose. It's a simple one tonight. The key is Demar DeRozan: he's averaging high scores so far for the Spurs, and his playmaking is looking better than ever. Luckily, he's the right size for Jrue to defend without giving up a massive amount of height.

That's fine, as long as Jrue doesn't also have to be the offensive motor of the time: that's where AD comes in. LaMarcus Aldridge is a bit older and he's never really been on AD's level (yes, including in Portland), but he's still a force to be reckoned with. Without AD to check him, I think we run into some big problems. Niko can defend him a little, and Randle probably can too although he's a little undersized, but the Spurs still have some depth in the bigs position with Gasol; they're even playing Rudy Gay at the PF position a fair amount.

Looking forward to this one, fingers crossed that AD and Miller are back. Still no Payton, for sure. Let's get a win #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Pop has turned DeMar into an MVP candidate, who would have thought?

That man really is a savant

AD should be good to go.

Really our only game on this road trip we SHOULD win with the players available.

Go get 'em..

I meant "first". We should beat OKC, too.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I meant "first". We should beat OKC, too.
    Agreed. With AD, this and OKC are winnable games that we really should take.

Not trying to cause any nationalism to come up here, just a genuine question: do Americans not get bored of hearing their national anthem so often?

Wesley Johnson is starting!

Good early ball movement there,find the best shot.

AD looks good early, luckily.

Jrue totally denies DeRozan in the post.

Joel pointed out something I didn't realise: the Spurs have 5 wins, but 4 of them are against opponents you don't expect to make the playoffs.

Everything's looking good so far except the turnovers. Good passing, good defense, AD looks solid, Jrue's handles are nice, Niko made his shot, etc etc. We're just turning it over too much.

Jrue is legitimately one of the best finishing guards in the league, he just has to be.

We're shooting 67%

We have 5 turnovers.

That's 5 shots we didn't get to take, and we would have hit 3 (based on these percentages). So that's a minimum of 6 points we don't have. We'd be up 10 points if not for those turnovers.

It seems like they are trying to force it to Johnson. Maybe trying to get him in the game. Lol

But so far two TOs from bad passes putting Johnson in a bad spot.

Offense just a little stagnant right now, need to see some of that ball movement come back. The lead has shrunk since we stopped passing and cutting.

Basketball Guru
    this dude just travel lol

Awful final half to the quarter.

The offense just died.

Just keep Frazier in even though he's playing like crap gotta love gentry

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Just not guarding the long ball at all.

Annnnnnd he's back lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

SMH...gotta make those free throws Randle!!!

Randle is 1-6 from the free throw line.

Thread Information