Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 4-4

That's about right.

Is throwing on the towel with dialo in lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

.....so......what's the latest on Elfrid?

The first game on this road trip we should have won, and it's the worst one we've played yet.

AD, Randle, Miller, Clark, all need to ask themselves what they are even thinking playing like this.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    .....so......what's the latest on Elfrid?
    That if we make a top four seed in the playoffs he needs to be MVP since he's clearly the one who matters most.

Man, refs just believe the hype with the Spurs, right?

People say the Spurs don't foul, that they're an upstanding team that doesn't flop or play dishonest ball. So the refs just believe it.

I figured we'd be 5-5 at the end of the road trip once Payton, Miller, and AD went down.....we can still do that. Get back above .500 against the Bulls. Get healthy. Start making a run, again.

We're still 4-0 when healthy.

I figured we'd be 5-5 at the end of the road trip once Payton, Miller, and AD went down.....we can still do that. Get back above .500 against the Bulls. Get healthy. Start making a run, again.

We're still 4-0 when healthy.
    It's still not the end of the world, no, but you have to start putting expectations out there. No, I didn't expect to beat Golden State or Portland given the state of the team, the back-to-backs, the road trip early. No, I didn't expect to blow San Antonio away the same way we did Houston. But did I expect us to look better than we did? Yes. Did I expect us to beat the Spurs? Yes.

The way we're playing is unacceptable. It would be below-par if we were the Suns, to play this way. For a team with high playoff aspirations, coming off a playoff run, this is just disgraceful.

Edit: at what point do you start worrying? 5 straight losses seems fair for me. When we're 7-14 or something? 10-20? What's the cut-off point where we say okay, we just need to win some games now.

I think the biggest mistake Gentry made was that he went all in against the Warriors. He threw out an injured AD who had a setback on his arm and completely exhausted our guys trying to beat his old team. They look done. Had we taken the loss and played sparingly in GS, we may have won in Portland and tonight with a rested and healthy (sans Payton) team.

In the long term, the 4-0 Pels are more representative of who we are. We'll still be top four in the West and won't remember this stretch when all is said and done.

But we'll still hate the refs.

I think the biggest mistake Gentry made was that he went all in against the Warriors. He threw out an injured AD who had a setback on his arm and completely exhausted our guys trying to beat his old team. They look done. Had we taken the loss and played sparingly in GS, we may have won in Portland and tonight with a rested and healthy (sans Payton) team.

In the long term, the 4-0 Pels are more representative of who we are. We'll still be top four in the West and won't remember this stretch when all is said and done.

But we'll still hate the refs.
    I agree that the 4-0 Pels are more representative of who we are. The question is, how long can that reputation hold up. If we go 4-10 to start the season, do the 4-0 Pels still represent us best? When does that reputation need to put up or shut up?

Look: we're cutting the lead, playing proper defense, causing turnovers, and passing properly. We're even making our free throws.

Why do we have to be down 20 in the 4th to do that? Why couldn't we have started that in the second quarter, and never fell so far behind in the first place? Why can't we just go out there motivated to win?

Dante never had 15 for us ever

What can you do but laugh yourself silly?

It's single digits with 3:30 to go. We can win, we just need to execute and play defense. Come on guys. COME ON.

Jrue Holiday by the way the MVP of this game for putting up 27 and being the only guy who could consistently put the ball in the hoop.

I have always liked Dante. I miss him.

And Gasol is still my MVP.

pels are going with AD, Niko, and Randle lineup. This should be interesting.

......so many makeable FTs and shots.....

WTH Randle!!!....You are not Boogie...stop it with the 3’s.

Just awful shots. Randle misses 2 at the FT line, then misses a 3 (for some reason he took that?)

Just bad. bad. Bad.

AND A TURNOVER.
    OF COURSE.

There goes the game.

Trash.

I've seriously had it with this team

I can handle losing but not gaping wide open shooters every possession

I am done

Marco showing why you don't throw out three bigs.....especially when two are having off nights and the other recovering from injury. Lol

Like I said, when is it too much?

Golden State loss, fine. Denver loss, fine. Portland loss, kind of our fault but fine. Spurs loss? Come on.

Spurs so far have beat: Mavericks, Lakers, Suns, Magic. and us.

Do we deserve to be in that list? Are we that bad? Are we Suns/Magic/Mavs level of bad? No, we're not. So it's down to the performances. If we played in the second and third the way we played in the fourth, we would have won, but we didn't because the team didn't look interested. Nobody but Jrue looked like they cared. Trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Like I said, when is it too much?

Golden State loss, fine. Denver loss, fine. Portland loss, kind of our fault but fine. Spurs loss? Come on.

Spurs so far have beat: Mavericks, Lakers, Suns, Magic. and us.

Do we deserve to be in that list? Are we that bad? Are we Suns/Magic/Mavs level of bad? No, we're not. So it's down to the performances. If we played in the second and third the way we played in the fourth, we would have won, but we didn't because the team didn't look interested. Nobody but Jrue looked like they cared. Trash.
    Not even AD cares. He gets some flashy blocks because his wing span is otherwordly

Jrue is the only guy who puts in night in, night out

Easily my favourite guy in the NBA

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Start 4-0. Now 4-5. That is awful.

Thread Information