Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans @ San Antonio Spurs - 4-4

Hope Gentry chews their butt out at the half. No excuse for the ******** poor effort on both sides of the floor.

This game is a mess. We are terrible
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    This game is a mess. We are terrible
    Yep

Basketball Guru
    i know its early but has gentry loss this team?...the players seem like they dont care in this game...

Gentry has to go.

I've never seen a team more inept at defense in my life

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Hope Gentry chews their butt out at the half. No excuse for the ******** poor effort on both sides of the floor.
    Somebody needs to.

I'm not giving up on this game yet (I've seen us come back from so many 'hopeless' games at halftime and either make it close or win) but we need to come out properly in the third quarter. Down 19 at the half, we have to at least outscore them by 8 or 9 in the third. We do that and go into the fourth with the momentum, okay it's a game. We don't do that and we either let the deficit sit, or grow, then we may as well just sit the starters in the fourth.
    Basketball.

This road trip has been a disaster for this team . The guys look tired and ready to return home
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    This road trip has been a disaster for this team . The guys look tired and ready to return home
    Who's idea was it for us to have a 5-games-in-7-nights-overlapping-with-a-5-game-roadtrip against 5 high quality teams this early in the season? They need to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Who's idea was it for us to have a 5-games-in-7-nights-during-a-5-game-roadtrip against 5 high quality teams this early in the season? They need to retire.
    Don't sugar coat it. There has been 538632 open threes on this road trip. No one gives a ******** about playing defence and I'm growing tired supporting this team

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Don't sugar coat it. There has been 538632 open threes on this road trip. No one gives a ******** about playing defence and I'm growing tired supporting this team
    I'm not sugar coating anything. Literally on this same page in this same thread I said that this was a ''Pathetic first half, and everyone who touched the court should be ashamed.''. That's not very sugary. The defense has looked trash for several games, and while in some cases the lack of personnel explains that, it doesn't explain it here: Miller and AD are back, only Payton is out. I don't think Payton is our defensive anchor, so his absence shouldn't be this disastrous.

That said, name another team that could play Golden State, Portland, and Denver, all on the road, missing multiple starters, and come up looking good? I don't think there is one. So I excuse those losses, and having them back to back to back to back means that guys like Jrue and Randle and Niko have been logging heavier minutes than usual, so when guys do come back, they're exhausted anyway.

That's no excuse for this particular game. I agree, and I've said that. But the scheduling has been garbage too.

DeRozan flopping hard

Mirotic gets mauled, no call.

On the other end, WesJohnson plays decent defense, gets called for a non-existent reach.

Niko is so cold it's painful. He has frostbite.

Team's looking better this quarter so far, sure, but not better enough. Need something like a 10-5 run, to pull things back into being manageable.

Kinda crazy. But could Payton really already mean THIS much to our offense?

I mean, every game we have played we have been juggernauts on offense. Every game without him we've struggled. He shouldn't mean that much already but it's such a stark contrast and it's the only common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Kinda crazy. But could Payton really already mean THIS much to our offense?

I mean, every game we have played we have been juggernauts on offense. Every game without him we've struggled. He shouldn't mean that much already but it's such a stark contrast and it's the only common denominator.
    A big part of what's wrong with us right now is the turnovers. We just bleed empty possessions and second chance opportunities. Payton was great for us as a ballhandler, who was reliable, dependable, and a good passer who didn't turn it over. Makes sense.

Niko hit a three, please more.

Niko was just in position for the offensive board, Cunningham two-hand shoved him out of bounds, no call.

For god's sake. We're already sucking, but if the refs just decide the want to be popular for the home team there's no point in even playing

Not gonna win anything shooting 39% for the game

They've taken 16 more shots than us, due to our awful turnovers and our lack of offensive boards. Even if they only shot 30% on those, that's 10-15 points. We're down 20. The turnovers are killing us.

Gasol is our MVP

We just need to finish the quarter on a 5-0 run, or something like that. Have it around 10 going into the fourth, it's all possible.

Jrue's doing what he can do, he has an efficient 20, but AD has only taken 9 shots, for 11 points. That's just not good enough, from our star player.

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Yes, they're flopping all over the place, yes they've called some stupid fouls on us, yes we're shooting poorly, some of that is not in our control, fine.

That's no excuse for the lack of attentiveness and the defensive laziness. That can't be forgiven easily.

Might as well not even bother having refs in Spurs games. They just let Pop call the game anyway.

Thread Information