Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stow it, Anthony...

I do support him, I just don't pretend everything he says and does is right. There's a difference.

I support the Pelicans. I've had tickets since before Anthony got here and I'll probably have them long after he's left.

I did not take Davis's quotes out of context. The context is he said he had to play almost perfect every night for his team to have a chance to win. That's false. It's also a backhanded swipe at the abilities of your teammates. So it's wrong on two counts. Can you imagine Drew Brees saying "i have to play almost perfect every game for our team to have a chance to win."

I don't think Anthony Davis is a bad guy and I totally support him including his right to go somewhere else if he wants to go. But saying that kind of thing when your team is battling through injuries on a tough road trip is bad timing at the very least. And it still sounds off to me. Sorry if you can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    AD is not bigger than the franchise. He's tradeable. Look at Sac Town

One "Superstar" and trash around him doesn't make a championship team
    If you're going to sit here and call the players around him trash then what AD said was 100% correct. He has to play nearly perfect for us to win.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I do support him, I just don't pretend everything he says and does is right. There's a difference.

I support the Pelicans. I've had tickets since before Anthony got here and I'll probably have them long after he's left.

I did not take Davis's quotes out of context. The context is he said he had to play almost perfect every night for his team to have a chance to win. That's false. It's also a backhanded swipe at the abilities of your teammates. So it's wrong on two counts. Can you imagine Drew Brees saying "i have to play almost perfect every game for our team to have a chance to win."

I don't think Anthony Davis is a bad guy and I totally support him including his right to go somewhere else if he wants to go. But saying that kind of thing when your team is battling through injuries on a tough road trip is bad timing at the very least. And it still sounds off to me. Sorry if you can't see it.
    He's said tons of things lately about leaving even if they weren't explicit. Anyone with half a brain cell can read between the lines how much Davis' demenour has changed

Dante with 12 at the half

#Pelslife

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post

We are 0-4 with AD injured. If that isn't pretty clear evidence of how important he is to the team then I don't know what is.

Nothing he said was offensive to anyone or wrong. It's you trying to take two sentences out of multiple paragraphs of quotes as evidence that AD is dogging players that's wrong. Full context disagrees with you whether you want to admit it or not.

Thread Information