Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P Kyle Korver available

N/P Kyle Korver available

I think the Cavs are looking to go all in on the tank, and not that he is a big piece, but Korver is being shopped. He is owed $7MM this season and $7MM next season ($3.4MM guaranteed). While his numbers are down this season, this current Cavs franchise isn’t the same that has granted him open looks as in years past. If outside shooting is still en Vogue, and the Cavs would take a 2nd round pick, I think he would be a solid get.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I think the Cavs are looking to go all in on the tank, and not that he is a big piece, but Korver is being shopped. He is owed $7MM this season and $7MM next season ($3.4MM guaranteed). While his numbers are down this season, this current Cavs franchise isn’t the same that has granted him open looks as in years past. If outside shooting is still en Vogue, and the Cavs would take a 2nd round pick, I think he would be a solid get.
    Dell already offered that and they countered that they wanted a first. Their demands are a.little insane right now.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Dell already offered that and they countered that they wanted a first. Their demands are a.little insane right now.
    Given his performance, I wonder if they have come down in their demands. His performance (IMHO) is a reflection of the disfunction he is surrounded by. I think in a better system he is still a valuable piece, but the Cavs need to realize that a 1st for a guy his age just isn’t an option (unless someone is extremely desperate).

I know it cant be done until December 15th, but if they are going all in on the tank job, Hill and an unprotected 1st for Korver and Hood

I do love Korver. He's always been a sniper, runs hard and never stops moving, and is actually better on defense that he gets credit for. Not naturally gifted but a hard worker with a brain.

But he's 37.
    Basketball.

They'll likely reach a buyout and he'll end up on the Lakers. Lebron somehow always get his way

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Trade:

NOLA receives Jimmy Butler, Taj Gipson

Minny receives Jrue Holiday, Solomon Hill, and Diallo plus two first round draft picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Trade:

Minny receives Jrue Holiday, Solomon Hill, and Diallo plus two first round draft picks.

Only way to justify that trade to me is Butler agrees to an extension then and there. Also both picks are lottery protected. Swap Jrue with Mirotic and Randle, which probably doesn’t even work, and I’m more amenable period.

Trade:

Bad trade.

That trade sucks!

Trade:

Trade:

So you want Jimmy Butler for $30+ million for 5 years? I’ll stick with Jrue
    Welcome to be here

Korver wont be able to play heavy minutes on a team with this pace. He'd pretty much just be a Miller replacement.

Thread Information