Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 4-1

Pelicans October 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 4-1

Right.

First game of the road trip: no AD, no Payton, no Miller. If Randle plays, he's going to be on limited minutes still (he only played 19 minutes last game). And, of course, Denver is one of the hardest places to win on the road. That kind of atmosphere is always difficult to adjust to, and they get practice there.

The big question is, then, can we win? My answer is yes, but it's contingent on a few things and it won't be easy. Firstly, is Jrue going to have both ends of the floor locked in? Secondly, is Mirotic's three point shot going to be on this game, or off? Thirdly, are we going to put in real defensive effort (to the extent that we can without out best player and rim protector)? And fourthly, are the reserves (namely Frank Jackson here) going to play and contribute? If the answer to those questions is yes, I know that we can still pull off a victory in Denver.

If the answer is no, it's going to be pretty ugly.

Positives to remember here: if we win, we'll be 5-1, with a .500 record without AD. That's a good sign, especially since Denver is a strong team. If we lose, we'll still only be 4-2, which is an .666 win ratio. That's a 54 win pace, and to have done that through 6 games, a third of which you will have played without your best player, I'd be far from worried. The question here isn't necessarily the win or the loss, it's how we look throughout.

That said, I still have confidence in our guys, so let's hope for the win! 5-1, here we come. #DoItBig.
    Basketball.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I would love to see a breakout game from Frank Jackson. If there were a game begging for it, it is this one.

Jackson will certainly have an opportunity to show he deserves more minutes. We need some more scoring off of the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jackson will certainly have an opportunity to show he deserves more minutes. We need some more scoring off of the bench.
    I hope you're right. If he can give us 15 points within the flow of the offense, this game looks very different.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Frank is going to score at least 20 points. He will get to the line. I want him to rock this Denver team and show them what he can do to them. Coach should give him 25-30min if he does well. We need to see what he can do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the positivity in the thread, but I'm just not getting any good vibes from this. I'm seeing us leak like a sieve and getting in foul trouble a lot.

Clark is starting at pg. okafor c.

Pelicans Starters
    PG: Ian Clark
    SG: Jrue Holiday
    SF: E'Twaun Moore
    PF: Nikola Mirotic
    C: Jahlil Okafor

could get ugly

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I like the positivity in the thread, but I'm just not getting any good vibes from this. I'm seeing us leak like a sieve and getting in foul trouble a lot.

Pelicans Starters
    We know we need to play bench players, so I'm glad we are not putting 3 or more in at once. Frank will come on w/JR, SOLO or WES. Keep the faith guys, we need 6 out of every 10 games, so that leaves us 5 to get 2

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Pelicans Starters
    Jesus Mary and Joseph. Let the Lord be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    We know we need to play bench players, so I'm glad we are not putting 3 or more in at once. Frank will come on w/JR, SOLO or WES. Keep the faith guys, we need 6 out of every 10 games, so that leaves us 5 to get 2
    oh I'm not phased in a potential loss, not when I look at the outs. I'm just not getting my hopes up win wise (they're always welcome haha). There are plenty of other factors to watch - see how gentry handles the matchups, the different lineups he tries together, frank getting run time etc.

oh I'm not phased in a potential loss, not when I look at the outs. I'm just not getting my hopes up win wise (they're always welcome haha). There are plenty of other factors to watch - see how gentry handles the matchups, the different lineups he tries together, frank getting run time etc.
    That's my view at the minute too. I think we can win if everything works, we definitely have that shot, but if we don't then that's understandable too. I just wanna see how we handle it.

Joel said JR starting. DAM

Niko and Jrue for 25+ each, Jackson for 15 if he plays at least 20 minutes, Randle with a double double as long as he plays over 25 minutes, Etwaun with a quiet 50+% from 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Joel said JR starting. DAM
    JOEL WRONG

looks like starters changed - jrue, etwaun, solo, niko, jahlil

Jokic is built like me.

I am a very optimistic person. I think we can finish top four in the West. We even have a very outside shot at the title. That kind of optimism. I love this team. But we'll be lucky if we're above .500 after this road trip.

Haha, Okafor has tried that spin move every time he's got court time.

starting to knock his spin shots down, we need it bad. can't afford those massive dry runs like the other night.

jrue is such a beast.

Okafor giving Jokic some of the moves inthe post.

only bad thing about this game is jrue's foul trouble

#Jruethless.

Our handles have been awful for like three games now.

Randle plays out of control .. he would make half the shots he takes if he would just slow down . No one can really bang with him so there’s no need to rush
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Randle plays out of control .. he would make half the shots he takes if he would just slow down . No one can really bang with him so there’s no need to rush
    Actually reminds me of a Boogie-lite a little but.

Thread Information