Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 4-0

Pelicans October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 4-0

Jesus Christ I don't think my heart can take another one.

Okay, so after the total rollercoaster of emotions that was the Nets game, we're back at it again, at home, against the Utah Jazz. This is going to be our toughest test yet, I think: our first back to back, against a team that's been historically pretty strong against us, and last night's game was a doozy. We're really going to need to put the pedal to the metal and strike out hard and fast to put our stamp on tonight.

Utah's strengths: they have the 7th best defensive rating in the league so far, leading to the 6th least opponent's points per game. They do not foul (1st in the league with only 20.3 fouls per game) and they take care of the ball fairly well (11th in the league in turnovers).

Utah's weaknesses: they are close to dead last in rebounding so far this year. 28th offensively, and 25th defensively. They place at the 10th slowest pace, and are the 27th scoring team in the league.

So what does that tell us? If we rebound the way we know we can (the way that we did even in the terrible Nets game), we will handily control the boards. If we run, they are not used to (or equipped for) keeping up with us, and they can't score anyway nearly as well as us. They defend hard, and they defend with discipline, but they cannot score with the kind of ease the teams we've played so far have done, so if we maintain the defensive integrity we saw in the Houston and Sacramento games, we should be able to smother them on that end of the floor.

Key players to watch: Joe Ingles, Donovan Mitchell. Mitchell has shot poorly all season so far, so we have to take a lot of care to make sure that keeps happening. Can't let him get those easy rhythm shots early so that he breaks the ice on us. Ingles, on the other hand, has been red hot all season, shooting 50% from 3 on about 8 attempts per game. He's their second leading scorer, and he plays smart: whoever is guarding him will need to be decisive and keep their eyes open all game. Quick hands, quick feet.

And that's about it! We can win this. We've seen how well we can play, and I know that our team has what it takes. The only question is whether or not they'll manage to muster it up after such a difficult night last night.

Let's go 5-0. #DoItBig.
    Basketball.

If we win it will look a lot like last night. We are doing grit and grind as well as we do run and gun.

Uh oh

Probably from that massive dunk.

Basketball Guru
    i think AD hurt his elbow in game 2..i hope he can play through the pain tonight...

wesley johnson should get miller minutes so i hope he can put 12+ points up tonight....

we need hill and clark to put points up also and randle cant be the only players in double figures from the second unit....

if we win this game tonight,,the bench will have to do it.....this team can be dangerous if the bench rotation can score points to help put teams away....randle cant be the only bench player scoring in double figures every game....

okafor may play tonight so i hope he can hold his own and add scoring...

Something fishy going on. Very weird line. Utah favored by -2.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Uh oh
    Of course he is.

gametime decision

AD officially OUT
    Randle starting.

There's the salmon.

Real depth test tonight. We're losing 27/13/5/2/4 out of our lineup. How does everyone else step up?

Real shame AD can't play Rudy tonight and run him off the court for stealing that DPOY.

Let Frank fill in at the 5. He'll shut Rudy down. And drop 30.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Cheaney View Post
    Let Frank fill in at the 5. He'll shut Rudy down. And drop 30.
    Frank can take them on 5 on 1.

Lol wooooow really? What a joke

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basically saying here take the game

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Basically saying here take the game

Nah, don't count us out.

WTH?!?! No AD?!?! Don’t tell me we gonna lose our first game due to our best player sitting out?!?! Come on Jrue, Payton, Niko, Randle, & Moore, pick up your play fellows!! Hopefully Okafor looks good as our 3rd big tonight unless they go small with Solo playing the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, don't count us out.
    Lol, I'm pretty optimistic but come on

Pretty solid start. They're so painfully slow, if we keep running into the second half they'll be gassed.

Jrue with that slow stutter step. There's only one guy in the league who could block that, and he's on our team.

Love that pass from Niko, could have easily launched up a contested three and instead got it inside to Randle cutting decisively.

I really hate the arena DJ lol.

So I guess rudy just gets to camp in the lane lol

Look like my man Payton went to the locker room? Hope he just had to go to the bathroom cause they sure didn’t look at him on the sideline.

Thread Information