Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: October 29th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets - 4-1

If the starters would've played with more urgency earlier in the game we win. Gentry now has options and should it lite a fire under guys whose playing time is under siege.

Positives: AD and EP out there tonight and we win by 20

Our young guys played great (Diallo and Jackson) Jackson definitely earned more minutes

Negatives: Turnovers (a product of not having a true floor general like EP)

Niko's shot disappeared

Refs (nothin we can do about that)

If we have 2-3 less turnovers, and hit those FT's in the 4th, we win this game.. All in all, it should be a VERY encouraging game for all fans, this team is legit, and we have some bench players

And we have Solomon Hill!

I wish they would bring coach’s challenges into NBA like other sports for out of bounds calls. Gentry could of challenged that out of bounds call that was clearly off Murray which resulted in 3 points and killed momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Who is worse? Greg Stiemsma or Solomon Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Who is worse? Greg Stiemsma or Solomon Hill?
    If you factor in salary... it is Hill by a mile

So we lost the Jazz game by 1 Anthony Davis.
    We lost this game by 1 Elfrid Payton.

Turns out that we need our starters to actually play.
    Basketball.

Hopefully Warriors have an emotional letdown after Klay's game

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Hopefully Warriors have an emotional letdown after Klay's game
    This is why I hate the Warriors so much, and the entire situation that allowed them to get loaded.

They are the only team (to my knowledge) in NBA history that can walk out on the court, have two separate MVP players take less than ten shots each, and have their third option drop 50.

Hill with a solid 19 minutes and a 4/2/2 Stat line on 20% shooting and 0% from 3. No minutes for Johnson...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Hill with a solid 19 minutes and a 4/2/2 Stat line on 20% shooting and 0% from 3. No minutes for Johnson...
    Yeah no minutes for Johnson is the thing that bothered me the most.

I wish he would accept a buyout. A team friendly one.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    A wonder if that prick is still laughing after he got that contract? He's stealing. If I was that **** at my job I'd feel guilty.
    prick!? That is the last word that I would associate with SH. He's a great guy who got the contract he got. Just because we fans are frustrated, does not mean that he should be demeaned on a human level. If he were lazy and didn't care at all, my tune would probably be different, but SH works hard.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    prick!? That is the last word that I would associate with SH. He's a great guy who got the contract he got. Just because we fans are frustrated, does not mean that he should be demeaned on a human level. If he were lazy and didn't care at all, my tune would probably be different, but SH works hard.
    Agreed, Solo is a great dude. He's a decent defender, but that's really about it. In hindsight, he's Jared Jeffries.

But Hill is a good guy. No need for name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Totally agreed. I've been a defender of his in the past, especially when he played poorly after coming back off injury last season. My ability to defend him on the court has been totally shredded by his awful performance.

But he's never shown me anything off court that would cast any doubt on the quality of his character. He seems like a perfectly nice guy, who puts in the effort. He just sucks at NBA level basketball. Critique that, and only that.

Yeah him being a nice guy is gonna win them games.
    The best thing he has ever done was get Davis a bench tech.

Nobody said that. In fact, I think everyone agrees that playing him is not helpful in winning games. He sucks at NBA level basketball. The few positives he did have before seem to have vanished, and now we're just left with the gaping holes of his performance.

But calling someone a prick is an evaluation of them as a person, and it's kind of unfair here.

You can hate Solomon the player without hating Solomon the person.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Anything else you feel the need to add!? Obviously people aren't feeling what you have to say.

Thread Information