Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: October 27th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Utah Jazz - 4-0

I don't understand how this team goes on such a long streak of bad shooting. I could see a game here and there but we've shot bad 3 games in a row.

I can't stand the NBA and the inconsistent officiating.

Payton puts a shoulder into a charge. It gets called. And it should. They do it to Jrue just now and no call. Blatant. Obvious. And it's every game. And everyone knows it. It's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I can't stand the NBA and the inconsistent officiating.

Payton puts a shoulder into a charge. It gets called. And it should. They do it to Jrue just now and no call. Blatant. Obvious. And it's every game. And everyone knows it. It's a joke.
    They just picked a dozen teams at the start of the year and said ''...yeah.... screw these guys.''
    Basketball.

ONe of those games where I said they'd need Okafor. Guess he's not ready for extended minutes.

We can talk about rebounds and talk about turnovers etc but the true is Utah has only taken 3 more shots than us.

The difference in the game? They are shooting 51% from the field and we are shooting 39%.

The other things is we are all kinds of banged up.

AD out, Miller out, Payton playing through injury, Randle playing through injury.

We might not be missing many games due to injury but we sure aren't a healthy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We can talk about rebounds and talk about turnovers etc but the true is Utah has only taken 3 more shots than us.

The difference in the game? They are shooting 51% from the field and we are shooting 39%.
    Sure, but the little things matter. If you get out-rebounded by 20, you're probably not going to win that game. The rebound numbers tell you a lot more about how the team is playing than just literally how many rebounds there have been.

I don't like Nico trying to box out Rudy. OAK should get a chance here, why not???

I don't understand how this team goes on such a long streak of bad shooting. I could see a game here and there but we've shot bad 3 games in a row.
    this team had okafor/hill/Johnson/clark/Jackson out there all at once I am pretty sure. that was the ugliest thing I've ever seen, not one could put ball in hoop. okafor couldn't hit sheet. and then the defense of that unit was tuuurble, okafors feet are like anchors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure, but the little things matter. If you get out-rebounded by 20, you're probably not going to win that game. The rebound numbers tell you a lot more about how the team is playing than just literally how many rebounds there have been.
    No doubt. But being out rebounding isn't why we are losing, like I said all those extra rebounds only amounted to 3 extra shots for Utah.

Why we are losing is our shooting is terrible. For the 3rd game in a row. Notice this is the 3rd game Solomon Hill is getting extended minutes in non blowout games. This is not a coincidence. We have years of evidence of Hill tanking offenses.

Utah has to be the most boring team to watch.
    Even their name has no imagination.

No doubt. But being out rebounding isn't why we are losing, like I said all those extra rebounds only amounted to 3 extra shots for Utah.

Why we are losing is our shooting is terrible. For the 3rd game in a row. Notice this is the 3rd game Solomon Hill is getting extended minutes in non blowout games.
    That is true. We've had 2 three pointers and at least 3 layups that have gone in, and then rimmed out. That's 12 points that almost were. Add those on, we're down 3.

Listening to Coach Kev talk and I can almost hear him saying ''we're losing because there's no AD.''

Oooooh this game is gonna kill our averages.

Ooof.

They just got two off an obvious uncalled travel.

We fought for some rebounds and scored off it. Odd.

The refs aren't allowing us to play D it's a joke they call jrue for a travel but not their favorite team. It's almost like Utah is the home team

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    The refs aren't allowing us to play D it's a joke they call jrue for a travel but not their favorite team. It's almost like Utah is the home team

We're the road team 82 games of the year. We never get home cooking.

Why we are losing is our shooting is terrible. For the 3rd game in a row. Notice this is the 3rd game Solomon Hill is getting extended minutes in non blowout games. This is not a coincidence. We have years of evidence of Hill tanking offenses.
    That's too linear.

Gobert gets an offensive board over three Pelicans. He immediately jams it in. That's a 100% accuracy play but the rebound created that. The rebounds raise shooting percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We're the road team 82 games of the year. We never get home cooking.
    Only team in the league that plays every game on the road

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That's too linear.

Gobert gets an offensive board over three Pelicans. He immediately jams it in. That's a 100% accuracy play but the rebound created that. The rebounds raise shooting percentage.
    If you don't miss you don't give them an opportunity to rebound. They still only have 3 more shots than us with all those rebounds. 51% FG vs 39%. That's the difference.

2 fouls since the 1st lol really so again Utah is some how the bestest defensive team to have ever lived lol oooookay

Payton's not coming back, ankle sprained.

Lmao

So the nfl fired a ref can we get some of these trash paid for refs fired from the nba or what

Thread Information