Pelicans Report

Thread: Elfrid Payton

Elfrid Payton

Saying a rosary for his knee. Dude looked bad off and I am hoping it's not microfracture but, you know, #pelslife.

Then again, he may play tomorrow

They are saying cramps

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    They are saying cramps
    That's exactly what I thought. He was walking around on the bench.

Like i said he may play tomorrow. Cramps is the best outcome.

Glad it's nothing long term, cramps can hammer tho
    Basketball.

Elfrid himself said its cramps..."I'll be good."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I will say, him landing on his leg completely straight freaked me out. Looked like his muscles just gave up.

Good to see that he's OK though. Hope it doesn't linger.

I'm fairly certain tonight was the official transfer to the yips and it is now officially #NetsLife.

The Franchise
    He’s seems like a key final 5 guy already. Hope he’s ok cause it looked like a hyper extension but he looked like he was walking it off later. We gotta find a replacement for Hill. Love the aggressiveness but I think he hurts our offensive spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    He’s seems like a key final 5 guy already. Hope he’s ok cause it looked like a hyper extension but he looked like he was walking it off later. We gotta find a replacement for Hill. Love the aggressiveness but I think he hurts our offensive spacing.
    Maybe he does on paper, but he's actually shot 43% for us from 3 so far on about 2 shots a game. I don't expect that to keep up all season, but I don't see any reason that 38% shouldn't be possible, especially since he only tends to take the good shots. Defenses aren't committing to him, but he's hitting the shots. Sooner or later they'll have to commit, and he's been excellent on the drive and kick.

Honestly been super impressed with him thus far. I thought he had a lot of potential but I couldn't erase some scepticism. Seeing what he's capable of when a good team is there motivating him has erased my doubts.

He’s my favorite player now behind only AD. I love Jrue, Niko, & Randle, but I’m always a sucker for point guards with killer cross overs that can get to the rim for a layup just about whenever he feels like it. Jrue can do the same, so they are actually really close. But with me being from the city, I love the fact he’s a hometown kid from Gretna so that puts him over Jrue by an inch for me lol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Elfrid is going to prove himself. He’s not an average pg. Demps improved our team a lot by adding Elfrid and Randle. Both are going to hit threes consistently. Both are athletic. Both play aggressive basketball and are young players who can only get better. Elfrid has what the pels need and I’m convinced he wants to stay in NOLA so he’s gonna earn a new contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Payton and AD both out tonight against Denver. Looks like 4 - 2.

Payton (ankle) and AD (elbow).

Thread Information