Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: October 26th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Brooklyn Nets - 3-0

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Thank god.
    No joke. The way he fell looked terrible. So glad it was just a cramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Nah. I don't count this team out ever. Not after this game. Utah has struggled some this season too and lost to Memphis.
    Agreed just being silly. As long as we keep games close as we have done, we probably won’t lose.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Agreed just being silly. As long as we keep games close as we have done, we probably won’t lose.
    I don't even know if I make predictions anymore. Everything I think this team has an easy game like the Nets or Clippers we struggle. Then I assume we are going to have a hard game like the Rockets and we crush them.

I think OKC and Houston are the two biggest surprises so far this season. Both have been terrible.

I don't even know if I make predictions anymore. Everything I think this team has an easy game like the Nets or Clippers we struggle. Then I assume we are going to have a hard game like the Rockets and we crush them.

I think OKC and Houston are the two biggest surprises so far this season. Both have been terrible.
    I did a ridiculous thing and predicted every single game before the season started. So I don't have to make any more predictions, I just sit back and see if I was right, apparently months in advance.

Thunder suck. But Mythrol, wait until they have Andre Roberson back, he will fix all their woes, they tell me.
    Basketball.

It’s probably wise never to expect an easy game as the better teams tend to get complacent against weaker opponents. We really didn’t look that arsed about this game and Brooklyn went all out. Defensively they were excellent. Before this season, we’d let deficits get out of hand. So far, we havent’t given ourselves that problem. It’s a welcome change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I did a ridiculous thing and predicted every single game before the season started. So I don't have to make any more predictions, I just sit back and see if I was right, apparently months in advance.

Thunder suck. But Mythrol, wait until they have Andre Roberson back, he will fix all their woes, they tell me.
    Oh God, I couldn't imagine trying to predict every game before the season. Especially anything after the All Star break because I expect our team to look a good bit different. Heck even the Wesley Johnson trade changes some things up for us.

Speaking of Johnson, he only got a few minutes but looked decent in them. He had that charge while trying to make a play but after that some decent stuff. His offensive game is multiple times better than Solo.
    It’s probably wise never to expect an easy game as the better teams tend to get complacent against weaker opponents. We really didn’t look that arsed about this game and Brooklyn went all out. Defensively they were excellent. Before this season, we’d let deficits get out of hand. So far, we havent’t given ourselves that problem. It’s a welcome change.
    A big part of it was the Nets shooting crazy from deep. It also didn't help that Gentry played small to match them instead of giving Niko more playing time. I agree however, in previous seasons I think we lose this game. This team has a lot more heart.

I know this might sound crazy, but I'm more impressed with this then all the others. From mid first quarter it didn't look like tonight was our night. Ugly wins show the true heart of the team.

What a wild ride tonight. So glad we were able to pull it together. Got a few lucky breaks. Thanks, Mr. B!
    RIP FlyGirl

Always a blast to see playoff Jrue. 4th quarter Jrue is da best

“Oh David... they’re going to kill us. Pels and the Utah Jazz” terrific endorsement Joel
    At first that struck me as odd.....then I realized he was talking about David and himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    What a wild ride tonight. So glad we were able to pull it together. Got a few lucky breaks. Thanks, Mr. B!
    I think your mum (mom) would of enjoyed that one...

I, angrily, turned off my league pass play back with about 1 minute left 7 down or whatever it was thinking we’ve played wank all game and they’re hitting 3’s, wasted the home game....annoyed, went straight onto my Instagram and saw we won and couldn’t believe it!
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    I, angrily, turned off my league pass play back with about 1 minute left 7 down or whatever it was thinking we’ve played wank all game and they’re hitting 3’s, wasted the home game....annoyed, went straight onto my Instagram and saw we won and couldn’t believe it!
    I turned it off when we went down 7 late then tuned back in to see the last couple plays

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    They did great in that comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I turned it off when we went down 7 late then tuned back in to see the last couple plays
    Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    Real fans....right there.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Real fans....right there.

4 games in season and they won in 4 completely different fashion. I see the team didn't lose it's grit and grind victory from the Jaws of defeat from last year. I never gave up.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    This team is better than last year. They can beat anyone. They remind me of the warriors without snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information