Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers - 2-0

Pelicans October 23rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Clippers - 2-0

After what felt like around 200 years and was actually barely half a week, the New Orleans Pelicans are back to play their third game of the season! This time, the LA Clippers come to Louisiana, looking to build on their narrow victory over the Rockets on Saturday. Both teams are well rested, and both teams have played pretty well so far, so it looks to be an exciting matchup.

Key factors? Bigs. It's no secret that a lot of our success has come from having a team that's led by the three headed monster of big men in Niko, AD, and Randle. So far, none of the teams we've played have had any way of matching up with that, even on paper. LAC, on the other hand, do have something. Tobias Harris is a big SF, Gortat is a big, traditional centre with a high IQ, and they have Montrezl Harrel off the bench for energy: hell, they even have Boban for his mandatory 5 minutes a game.

Tobias Harris/Marcin Gortat/Montrezl Harrel is obviously not a trio on the same level of Niko/AD/Randle, but they are solid players, and they are also big. The question is, can they keep up with the pace, and can they find defensive stability? Gortat is almost 35 years old, and can't defend well on the perimeter: and all of our bigs can shoot. So who draws the odd man out?

Defense is also a big factor: we've heard a lot of talk about Jrue encouraging active defense during the Kings game, and hoping it will be more consistent in future. Is this that future, or will we see some bleeding at times?

Super excited about this matchup, and I think it's one of those indicator games. We blow through LAC the way we did the Kings and Rockets, and I think we can get really hype for the season. A loss isn't the end of the world, but keeping up the momentum after a long rest will go a long way to proving that the Pels are in this for the long haul.

Let's go!
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    harrell is hard hustler and will be very active....harris may be a problem.....gallinari may match niko with 3s......this will be a good front line test for us....

im worried about beverley,,bradley and lou williams having a good game tonight because of the fast pace...all 3 have been off we hold those 3 in check and we should win big.....this should be a good close game but im not going to call a winner this time lol but i am going to enjoy myself at the game tonight...

Was super excited to be able to watch this entire game......now sitting in traffic....and I can see red lights for miles.

Maybe I'll make halftime.

Hoping the SKC is packed out tonight, that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Was super excited to be able to watch this entire game......now sitting in traffic....and I can see red lights for miles.

Maybe I'll make halftime.
    Oh damn man, that sucks. Godspeed

You guys post a lot, for me. My phone can't handle vid streaming. Lol

And don't feel too bad for me. This is nothing compared to what you NOLA and BR people go through. We just don't expect it.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-23-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Mirotic with the block to Payton for the layup!

Execution looks a little sloppy. Shots are appearing but nothing is dropping, lots of just-missed-shots. Guys playing well on D tho

AD erases Avery Bradley

AD with the DEFINITIVE putback on the Jrue miss

AD erases Gortat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    The Pels are playing amazing right now.

Except for the shooting...

But other than that they're doing great!

Niko with that HAIRPIN trigger

Niko takes Gallinari off the dribble for the driving dunk, just vicious

So glad we have Niko

Niko looks great
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Mmmmm.....this is as good as the playboy stories when I was a teenager.

Articles, I mean. Articles.

Man you knw what? Whatever happens this season. We have a fun ****** team guys seriously and whatever happens I'm just going to enjoy it bc who knws when we'll have a team that's just fun to watch again.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I hope we get a nice lead early, so Frank Jackson & Jahlil Okafor can get some meaningful minutes.

Shots aren't really dropping in easily at the moment, but it's great to see that even when we're shooting poorly, we still keep the advantage on defense. The Clippers are one of the league's best defenses (as of 3 games in, I guess) so it's good to see us out-performing them on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    The Pels are playing amazing right now.

Except for the shooting...

But other than that they're doing great!
    Man we've seen the warriors come out cold as hell it'll pick up

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Raw start

Crazy how Jrue (6'4) is defending Tobias Harris (6'9) on the perimeter and denying him everything.

Sound the alarm, Jrue got free throws.

What universe is this?

Already a few lazy turnovers this game so far, not liking that. Clean that up.

Thread Information