Pelicans Report

Thread: Is the NBA following the NFL?

Is the NBA following the NFL?

Is anyone going to play defense? So far only 2 teams aren’t averaging more than 100 points. We are avg. 140 points and leading the league.

Obviously this is still early days, and there will be plenty of teams pulling back, but man. It’s like an All Star game type score every night.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Everyone plays defense, it's just the game has trended towards moving faster, which equals more possessions, which means more points

We do play defense. Cant say too much about all the other teams because I haven't watched them all, but we do. It's just a combination of insane pace plus defense not yet being tailored for individual opponents. As the season goes on, the defensive crews will break down opponents more thoroughly and adjust game plans to be more effective, and the odds are that the pace will slow too. Our pace right now is 107.2, and it's only 4th in the league. If we keep that up, no way 107.2 doesn't lead the league in a few months.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Everyone plays defense, it's just the game has trended towards moving faster, which equals more possessions, which means more points
    Also, the emphasis on being better shooters. An old school basketball player would sink in this era. You have to be a consistent scorer in this league.

We are in an era with nothing but shooters and athleticism. It’s almost taken the humanity out of the game a bit.

I’m glad he said this because for a moment I thought that I was taking crazy pills.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...is-nba-anymore
    DENVER -- Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green has carved out an All-Star career for himself based largely on his defensive prowess. As he watches scores skyrocket all over the NBA during the first week of the season, Green articulated what many around the league believe.

"It's been called pretty tight," Green said after his team's first loss of the season, a 100-98 defeat to the Denver Nuggets. "We were told that. Defense isn't really an emphasis anymore in this league. So I think you're seeing it all around the league with these high scores. We know what the emphasis is. Just got to be better, and we haven't done that in three games. Maybe we win two of them, but it caught us tonight."

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’m glad he said this because for a moment I thought that I was taking crazy pills.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...is-nba-anymore
    Kind of rich for a man who made his reputation playing illegal defense on a team that basically forced the league into being jump-shootsrs only to be complaining about this. Reap what you sow

Thread Information