Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Operation get Garrett Temple?

Operation get Garrett Temple?

He's only 6'5, the same height as Bazemore and he's 32, but the man is a baller. Probably one of the more attainable wings coz surely the Grizz will be tanking this year. Is he worth a 1st? Probably not because of age, but he's worth more than one of our seconds.

Should we target him?

During our game and the subsequent Jazz v Warriors game I was noticing all of the undrafted free agents in the NBA.

Yogi Ferrell
    Quinn Cook
    Ian Clark
    Joe Ingles
    Royce O’Neale

All are getting started or bench minutes, none of them were draft worthy. A guy like Temple earned his way into this league through hard work. He is a solid defender, and would make Solo Hill very expendable. I don’t know what it would take to land him here, but I would be a fan.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Solo and a 1st for Temple. That's probably fair actually. Temple is on 8 mil a year for three years. Memphis get off the contract a year early (not that's it a bad contract tho by any stretch but they also have Parsons on their roster)

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Solo and a 1st for Temple. That's probably fair actually. Temple is on 8 mil a year for three years. Memphis get off the contract a year early (not that's it a bad contract tho by any stretch but they also have Parsons on their roster)
    I am not giving up a 1st for Garrett Temple lol.

Uhh pretty sure Temple is on an expiring contract. Also he’s about the same size as Moore but skinnier, more of a guard than SF. We can do better fit-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Uhh pretty sure Temple is on an expiring contract. Also he’s about the same size as Moore but skinnier, more of a guard than SF. We can do better fit-wise.
    Ah yes you are right. Scratch this idea then I guess lol

Although isn't getting off Solos contract a year early and having Temple expire this season a pretty good result? We'd have enough to sign Ariza to a 12-15 mil contract next season
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-20-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Although isn't getting off Solos contract a year early and having Temple expire this season a pretty good result? We'd have enough to sign Ariza to a 12-15 mil contract next season
    No. It's not worth a 1st.

Basketball Guru
    is this a prisoner of the moment call?...

The only way we would have enough to sign anyone to a 12-15 mil contract next season is if we let Mirotic and Randle walk, and possibly have to trade off Moore also

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Yes. Lol

We really are solid offensively.

If we're getting down to the nitty gritty, all we need our SF to do is slow down a guy like Durant. That's it. Threes, slashing, passing, that's all lagniappe. We don't need more of it. We just need a guy that can slow KD.

We may have to salary dump Solo so we can reisgn Niko to a long term contract next year...

Hopefully, we can get a wing in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    We may have to salary dump Solo so we can reisgn Niko to a long term contract next year...

Randle. Not Niko.
    They have Niko's bird rights so can go over the cap.

Not like our 1st is a lottery. Hopefully it'll be 30 if you know what I mean.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

good lord

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Not totally. I was following him with Sac Town last season. Dude had some really nice games then too

It may be too early to say this. But we may not want to make any trade this year. Like let's not even mess with the Chemistry on the court and in the locker room. These guys seem to love playing together and being around each other. Let's keep that going. Like the 2015 Warriors. Maybe sign someone from the buyout group come February but that's it.

Trade Solo in the summer and hopefully only have to attach a couple of 2nds. To make room to resign Randle, Niko, Payton and Miller. Maybe Wes finds a home here too.

Trade Ian Clark & our next 2 first round picks to the Suns for Mikal Bridges. Loved him at Nova. The Suns already have Josh Jackson, Trevor Ariza, and TJ Warren at small forward. A perfect sized 3 & D small forward at 6’7” 209 lb with a 7’2” wingspan. He went 10th overall this past draft. We won’t be picking anywhere near that the next two years. We get him on a rookie deal, so he wouldn’t break the bank and allow us to resign guys next year. They need a point guard badly, so Clark could help them. Moving him would allow my man Frank to become the full time backup point. Plus we got Tim Frazier if Frank isn’t quite ready or gets injured again.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Trade Ian Clark & our next 2 first round picks to the Suns for Mikal Bridges. Loved him at Nova. The Suns already have Josh Jackson, Trevor Ariza, and TJ Warren at small forward. A perfect sized 3 & D small forward at 6’7” 209 lb with a 7’2” wingspan. He went 10th overall this past draft. We won’t be picking anywhere near that the next two years. We get him on a rookie deal, so he wouldn’t break the bank and allow us to resign guys next year. They need a point guard badly, so Clark could help them. Moving him would allow my man Frank to become the full time backup point. Plus we got Tim Frazier if Frank isn’t quite ready or gets injured again.
    Why would Phoenix do that?

You have a better chance of getting Ariza or Warren from them, and if we can, get Ariza

Are you kidding? There is no way I would give up a 1st for Temple. You are terribly overrating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

We have bird rights on Niko. It is Randle that may be more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Are you kidding? There is no way I would give up a 1st for Temple. You are terribly overrating him.
    But we are 100% using a 1st to dump Solo, so we either aim for an expiring or someone who is under contract who can help

Teams who want to collect 1sts: Brooklyn, Atlanta, Phoenix, Sacramento, Memphis

Then there's contenders who want to salary dump, but they need to take back Solos contract most probably which really doesn't help their balance sheet this year. So that seems more unlikely than the real tanking teams
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-21-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    It may be too early to say this. But we may not want to make any trade this year. Like let's not even mess with the Chemistry on the court and in the locker room. These guys seem to love playing together and being around each other. Let's keep that going. Like the 2015 Warriors. Maybe sign someone from the buyout group come February but that's it.

Trade Solo in the summer and hopefully only have to attach a couple of 2nds. To make room to resign Randle, Niko, Payton and Miller. Maybe Wes finds a home here too.
    Maybe I'm being a prisoner of the moment.....but I agree.

It's only two games in but this teams has me giddy. And I really do think we are built to match up and overpower GSW. Do nothing that threatens losing some of the bigger players. Keep this intact.

People keep trying to make this perfect team but it isn't going to happen. Even the warriors have a weak spot. But we built ours currently where no one can get to. If the Big3Bigs keep this up, all we need is a guy who can defend a little at SF to be great.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-21-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Temple 20 and 7 tonight

Temple 20 and 7 tonight
    And 3 points on 1-7 two games ago.
    Basketball.

Thread Information