Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 4-2

Pelicans October 31st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Golden State Warriors - 4-2

Happy Halloween everyone! Let's get this W.

We're in Golden State. It's Halloween. Davis is probably playing, Payton probably isn't. We're looking to win again for the first time in a couple of games, and I think this is a sneaky chance to do it. Missing Payton is going to be a huge deal, which sucks, a lot, but all three of our bigs are playing, Jrue is there, and Frank Jackson is gonna drop 30 in 10 minutes.

More realistically, we have the chance to win this game: as I've said elsewhere, I think that on our night, we're capable of beating any time regardless of how well they play. Our issue has always been consistency. The effort and cohesion on defense the last few games has been missing, and although Payton is part of that, you can't underestimate the impact of losing AD. He's the best two way player in basketball, bar none. He gives us basically 30/15 every night, and protects the rim better than anyone. Losing that is huge, and makes everything else more difficult on everyone else. If he's back, our chances of winning increase exponentially.

So let's enjoy Halloween, eat some candy, and watch our Pels try to get back to our winning ways! #DoItBig
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    https://twitter.com/Con_Chron/status...10446797479936

DeMarcus Cousins is such a loser.

"Y'all didn't offer me as much money, so I'm gonna go to a better team that doesn't need me for one year at the minimum, but y'all are still the villains in here."

How deluded is this logic?

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

"Y'all didn't offer me as much money, so I'm gonna go to a better team that doesn't need me for one year at the minimum, but y'all are still the villains in here."

He's a moron. And an emotionally incoherent one too.

Ignoring the histrionics of Cousins.....

I'll say again, I am extremely optimistic about this team. I think we are top three in the West. I think we have a chance at the title with the current roster. I love this team. But this road trip is not happening. Sit AD. Play the reserves. Take the loss. And just shoot to be above .500 when the road trip is over. Build off of that.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ignoring the histrionics of Cousins.....

I'll say again, I am extremely optimistic about this team. I think we are top three in the West. I think we have a chance at the title with the current roster. I love this team. But this road trip is not happening. Sit AD. Play the reserves. Take the loss. And just shoot to be above .500 when the road trip is over. Build off of that.
    I don't see any reason for that. If AD is ''questionable'' sure, sit him, but if he's healthy and totally fine to play, then play him. You never known when you're going to have a surprise win. We've done it before, we'll do it again, and you shouldn't give up on games before they even start, especially when you have players of ADs caliber.

If we just sat guys for games we were ''supposed'' to lose, AD and Jrue would never have suited up for Houston.

Basketball Guru
    espn said AD is playing so maybe the team will make it a close game....the team should be hype for this game....i need jrue to be selfish and score points in the 20s....what the hell,,start Frazier at the point tonight since AD is playing and roll with that....

Can’t wait to watch this game!! Really wish we could see the full squad with Elfrid playing.. Since he’s out I would love to see a starting backcourt of Jrue with Frank Jackson who compliments his game perfectly imo.. This team is set at guards and bigs for years to come.. we are 1 SF away from being a complete roster that can win it all!! GO PELS!!

Jrue/Jackson/Hill/AD/Mirotic
    Jrue/Moore/Hill/AD/Mirotic

I think Hill will be inserted into the starting lineup for matchup purposes with Durant especially with Payton being out. Had Payton been healthy maybe we stay with Moore at SF. Guess we will see what Gentry’s plan is tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Can’t wait to watch this game!! Really wish we could see the full squad with Elfrid playing.. Since he’s out I would love to see a starting backcourt of Jrue with Frank Jackson who compliments his game perfectly imo.. This team is set at guards and bigs for years to come.. we are 1 SF away from being a complete roster that can win it all!! GO PELS!!

Jrue/Jackson/Hill/AD/Mirotic
    Jrue/Moore/Hill/AD/Mirotic

I think Hill will be inserted into the starting lineup for matchup purposes with Durant especially with Payton being out. Had Payton been healthy maybe we stay with Moore at SF. Guess we will see what Gentry’s plan is tonight.
    If Hill plays more than 20 minutes tonight, I might scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Hill plays more than 0 minutes tonight, I might scream.
    Fify

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Frank Jackson is going to draw fouls the whole game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Fify
    Oh no, I'm resigned to the fact that as long as he's on the team, Gentry WILL play him.

Just please, limit my suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If Hill plays more than 20 minutes tonight, I might scream.
    I would rather see Miller but usually Hill is there guy. I just don’t see them putting Moore at SF guarding Durant all night but maybe so.. I haven’t looked to see if they released tonight’s starting lineup yet.. I hope Jackson is in it..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I would rather see Miller but usually Hill is there guy. I just don’t see them putting Moore at SF guarding Durant all night but maybe so.. I haven’t looked to see if they released tonight’s starting lineup yet.. I hope Jackson is in it..
    Wesley Johnson

Edit: he should be playing more than Hill, no question.

I really liked what I saw from Johnson. Like. I really think he may become all that we need at SF. Then we can use the money we don't spend on a high priced SF to keep the band together.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    This is completely unrelated to anything, but I just checked NBA.com and all the games' scores are the ties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scores.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	6364
    Last edited by JunkHead; 10-31-2018 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    This is completely unrelated to anything, but I just checked NBA.com and all the games' scores are the ties.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scores.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	6364
    Wolves and Bulls to win please.

And us, obviously.

Wow, D Rose is detonating on the Jazz...

Goddamit Bulls!

AD missed two games. Better drop 40 for us tonight.

Is there a less likeable set of NBA personalities than the Golden State Warriors?

nice to see elfrid locked into the pels game right before tip off

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

That's doing a disrespect to the word logic

Can I just say I now knw why jordan punched Kerr I'm js

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Jrue locks up KD on the three point line, trails him perfectly with no foul on the drive, forces the miss.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Can I just say I now knw why jordan punched Kerr I'm js

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I'm upset that Jordan didn't make him run away from basketball forever.

Thread Information