Pelicans Report

Thread: What do you want to see from the Pels this season?

What do you want to see from the Pels this season?

I make no illusions of what this team is, and what it’s capable of. If we can get a 4th seed that will be fine. But there is one thing that I really want to see out of this team, I want us to be everyone’s wet blanket. I want us to spoil people’s fun times. If we can get to a 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs that would just be lagniappe.

What do you want to see out of the Pels this year?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Health.

#NotPelsLife

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Everything I saw on Wednesday. And health.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hate this tenuous feeling. I think we can can win more than 50 games...but we need everyone to play like 75 games fully healthy. If we can just get a hold of someone who can fill it up to bolster our team. Preferably someone taller than 6'4"...

I want to see health from this team.. We stay healthy and I see this team as is winning 55+ games as a top 5 seed who makes it to the 2nd round going atleast 6 games.. With the right seeding in the playoffs I really believe we will be in the WC Finals.

Jesus christ I thought my wife and I were exhausted from our one single 6 month old.

I couldn't imagine 6 of them. I already joke that if we had a 2nd they're both getting dropped on a door step and we are going to South America. You're a better person than me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Top 4 seed and able to compete with the other top seeds in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Jesus christ I thought my wife and I were exhausted from our one single 6 month old.

I couldn't imagine 6 of them. I already joke that if we had a 2nd they're both getting dropped on a door step and we are going to South America. You're a better person than me.
    Haha. We started with the Quints....so don't know any better. Lol

I think this was supposed to be in another thread.
    Sleep deprivation?
    I know how you feel Mythrol.
    Ours is only 6 months old and we are going to be travelling 24 hours on plane in 2 months.
    Melbourne to Toronto.

Not looking forward to that.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 10-23-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I think this was supposed to be in another thread.
    Sleep deprivation?
    I know how you feel Mythrol.
    Ours is only 6 months old and we are going to be travelling 24 hours on plane in 2 months.
    Melbourne to Toronto.

Not looking forward to that.
    They actually travel well at that age. Just make sure to have a boob or bottle in their mouth at take off and landing to regulate the ear pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    They actually travel well at that age. Just make sure to have a boob or bottle in their mouth at take off and landing to regulate the ear pressure.
    Yeah I've heard that.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I was more concerned I'd get no rest though.

I want to see a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Make it to the conference finals. Then hopefully even further, but I’m trying to be somewhat realistic lol.

I think we have a better team than last year that made it to the 2nd round. I still hope we can make a move for a small forward that can shoot & play some decent defense. He doesn’t have to be a star. The Suns are full of small forwards and I’d take about any of them. I’d also take someone like CJ Miles from Toronto who could likely be had for next to nothing. He’s got a decent shot & a proven double digit scorer, but mainly has some length. Hopefully Diallo, Clark, or both could get us someone decent. I hope Frank Jackson ends up being our 2nd team point, so Clark could be expendable. Not sure if we can go far with Moore as our starting small forward due to his size. Unless Solo, Miller, or one of the other guys has a great year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I want to see a top 4 seed in the playoffs. Make it to the conference finals. Then hopefully even further, but I’m trying to be somewhat realistic lol.

I think we have a better team than last year that made it to the 2nd round. I still hope we can make a move for a small forward that can shoot & play some decent defense. He doesn’t have to be a star. The Suns are full of small forwards and I’d take about any of them. I’d also take someone like CJ Miles from Toronto who could likely be had for next to nothing. He’s got a decent shot & a proven double digit scorer, but mainly has some length. Hopefully Diallo, Clark, or both could get us someone decent. I hope Frank Jackson ends up being our 2nd team point, so Clark could be expendable. Not sure if we can go far with Moore as our starting small forward due to his size. Unless Solo, Miller, or one of the other guys has a great year.
    Give me a SF that's an elite defender and can hit the 3, and that is perfect for this team.. Jrue has already sacrificed alot of his shots, there just isnt enough to go around for everyone if we add another shooter, unless hes in the mold of a Korver type

Damn wish we had drafted Allonzo Trier with our second round pick this past draft. He’s a tad small for a small forward at 6’5” 200, but that kid is balling for the Knicks as an UDFA. Great defender that can score as well. Guess the Knicks could use some luck after so many years of terrible decisions & luck. lol

All expectation should be revised...

‘Ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Damn wish we had drafted Allonzo Trier with our second round pick this past draft. He’s a tad small for a small forward at 6’5” 200, but that kid is balling for the Knicks as an UDFA. Great defender that can score as well. Guess the Knicks could use some luck after so many years of terrible decisions & luck. lol
    Rumours circling that he avoided the draft so he could sign with who he wanted which was obviously the Knicks, but i'm not sure how accurate that is

Consistency and health which should lead to a 50 win season with high seed.

Thread Information