Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: October 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - Home Opener - 1-0

Go look at the WC standings.

Remember Gentry went off after we lost to Sac last year, saying these games will bite us in the ****** end of the year etc.. Well, I was super worried Sac would run with us tonight, and I'm ********ing stoked we put a boot in their ******.

So happy for Miro, 2k19 better up his god damn rating already!!!!!!

So...can Dell Demps finally get that appreciation going? I mean he struck gold with Mirotic.

Basketball Guru
    im just go pat myself on the back again for hitting my 20pt win prediction tonight....im 2 for 2 but didnt put any money on this game...the ole lady is the blame for that so she miss out also lol...i believe in the pelicans..

I mean sorry as much as this is amazing AD is still playing like these games don't matter when they do at the start of the season sorry it annoys me he's so laid back when it scrub teams but hey whatever

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Gotta say, I'm loving seeing AD play only 26 minutes, while perfectly healthy.

Mirotic really worked on his game over the summer. Much better off the dribble and in the post so far.

AD is on pace for that mvp.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I mean sorry as much as this is amazing AD is still playing like these games don't matter when they do at the start of the season sorry it annoys me he's so laid back when it scrub teams but hey whatever

Hey, as long as he still puts up 25/10/6/2/2 on 67% shooting in less than 30 minutes and we wash the opposition? I don't care if he sleepwalks.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

When was he laid back? After he was pulled out of the game and we were up almost 30? Lol. Relax, AD was deadly serious while he needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    When was he laid back? After he was pulled out of the game and we were up almost 30? Lol. Relax, AD was deadly serious while he needed to be.
    He's talking about the first quarter. AD had no rebounds and let a few easy buckets go by without much challenge.

Banned
    If you can't play defense, the next best thing is to outscore them. So far so good.

I was at the game, AD did look a little low energy at times, but he was very scrappy when things doesn’t go his way and hustled hard. Would’ve loved to see Randle knock down those FT’s and make some of those high percentage shots. Man it was good seeing Jackson come in and score his first shots too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I know it's super early so we have to see how teams adjust once they have film on us but this is starting to feel like we are actually a juggernaut. We just run and run and run and no team in the league is built to keep up outside of GSW.

This is going to be a fun team. We are going to put up some points.
    Honestly. If we keep up this play, GSW doesn't stand a chance. This team is built as their kryptonite. Our backcourt isn't better than their's but it can slow them down defensively whereas they have no answer for our front court. Just Green. He can't hang with all three of the Big3Bigs. Sure. There's Durant. But Hill, Johnson, or Jrue can slow him more effectively than anything they can do to our front t court.

Just like with Houston, if we keep up this intensity the Warriors would be annihilated by us. I really think Gentry has know how to take down GSW it's just taken him this long to get the pieces in place and get everyone used to the pace.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The pels look awesome so far. They won’t beat gsw. The only way I see them getting past GSW is if guys like Hill, Miller, Jackson, Okafor and Diallo play much better than expected. AD, Jrue, Randle, Niko, Elfrid and Moore will have to play incredible every game against GSW.

The warriors have the defense to slow the pels down. I think for us to really have a chance Frank Jackson will need to blow up and all the stars must be in alignment and everything will have to go right. I love our team. We look really good. But we have to do this against Utah, GSW etc. I think Jrue or Niko might get all star this year. I would love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa.

I mean. We held our own with them last year without all that stuff happening. I mean, half the players you named wouldn't even play in a postseason game for us.

It's yet to be seen if we can keep up this pace. But if we do, we are way better than last year, when we ate least hing with them and just destroyed the team that would have beaten them had one is their stars not gotten injured. You give GSW too much credit. CP3s injured body was their real MVP last season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    We seem to be an awesome team so far but in the end, GS has arguably 4 superstars on their Roster and Boogie could comeback in the Playoffs. I think we still need a legit all-star wing to take us over the top as this is a league of sheer power basically. Amazing team we have and great potential, if Dell really gets a legit SF...seesh.
    Last edited by wuggie; 10-20-2018 at 01:53 AM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    We seem to be an awesome team so far but in the end, GS has arguably 4 superstars on their Roster and Boogie could comeback in the Playoffs. I think we still need a legit all-star wing to take us over the top as this is a league of sheer power basically. Amazing team we have and great potential, if Dell really gets a legit SF...seesh.
    This is the collective view of the fanbase, just check out Tigerdroppings

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Whoa.

I mean. We held our own with them last year without all that stuff happening. I mean, half the players you named wouldn't even play in a postseason game for us.

It's yet to be seen if we can keep up this pace. But if we do, we are way better than last year, when we ate least hing with them and just destroyed the team that would have beaten them had one is their stars not gotten injured. You give GSW too much credit. CP3s injured body was their real MVP last season.
    I give GSW credit for dominating the league every year. We won 1 game against them in the playoffs. We did not give them much trouble at all.

The Rockets are not the same team this year. They lost Ariza and Mbah a Moute. Both great defenders. They also lost their defensive coordinator who retired. The Rockets are definitely weaker this year and the Warriors are probably the same or better this year.

We will need our best players to play virtually flawless basketball AND have at least 3 or 4 guys from the bench play great to beat GSW. Our team lacked depth last year. We are deeper this year with Randle coming off the bench. I’m optimistic but the bar is very high if we are going to have a real shot against GSW.

Gentry will win coach of the year.
    AD will get MVP
    Jrue and AD will make All Star
    Randle will be potential MIP

We will face the warriors in the WCF and beat them 179-120 in game 7. Niko will hit 25 three pointers in game 7. Steve Kerr will go hysterical. We go to the finals and beat Boston. AD signs supermax and Paul Pierce checks into a mental hospital. Lebron bows to the brow.

Don't wake Me up. This is something special... and AD is Winning... LOL

Anyone else notice how Solo was tasked with guarding 5 foot 11 Frank Mason in the last quarter even when Clark was out there? He kept getting blown by but that's not super unforgivable considering the discrepancy in size. Thought that was a strange decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's talking about the first quarter. AD had no rebounds and let a few easy buckets go by without much challenge.
    He also put up double digit points and had something like 4 assists and a block in the 1st qtr. Oh and he got nearly every center for Sac in foul trouble by the end of the 1st.

Just because he had no rebounds doesn't mean he was laid back.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Honestly. If we keep up this play, GSW doesn't stand a chance. This team is built as their kryptonite. Our backcourt isn't better than their's but it can slow them down defensively whereas they have no answer for our front court. Just Green. He can't hang with all three of the Big3Bigs. Sure. There's Durant. But Hill, Johnson, or Jrue can slow him more effectively than anything they can do to our front t court.

Just like with Houston, if we keep up this intensity the Warriors would be annihilated by us. I really think Gentry has know how to take down GSW it's just taken him this long to get the pieces in place and get everyone used to the pace.
    Durant is going to get his. He always does. I don't even care that Cousins is on the team because he is going to get ran out of the gym. But they have a solid front court in Green and Durant that can both keep up.

In a lot of ways GSW has the same issue we do when they match up against us. When they play Durant and Green as the bigs Iggy can't keep up an entire game of our pace so they lack a wing player. Where we have an edge is we have a 3 man rotation of bigs so we can be fresher as the game goes on.

I don't think we are by any means their kryptonite. We do probably match up pretty well to them though.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who says we can’t play defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    If you can't play defense, the next best thing is to outscore them. So far so good.

Basketball Guru
    we all cousins is a beast but imo GS have a problem with him...the question is what style of play will GS use when cousins is on the floor?...i dont think cousins will have a 20pt game for GS and if he do its because the team sacrifice a game to give him that......he cant run up and down the court at their pace.....so how are they going to play? half court set?..slow the pace down and post him up?....those are not GS style so i believe they have a problem when he come back plus he is trying to get a big contract from someone so some how he has to prove that he is well to get that contract and i just dont see it until at the end of the season when GS is resting players and feature cousins in some games so he can possibly show off....to much talent just may be their down fall this year..

the way things are looking now maybe cousins getting hurt was a blessing for gentry to get his running team....i dont think we would have put up those many points in those 2 games that we just played with cousins starting....now thats what you call pels life lol...

Thread Information