Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: October 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - Home Opener - 1-0

Pelicans October 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - Home Opener - 1-0

For the first time this season, the Pels play at home! This is the start of a series of 4 home games, so hopefully the Pels take full advantage of it.

We got out of our first game of the season in fantastic fashion, wiping the floor with the Rockets in their own territory, and putting a stamp on the first game of the year. That's brilliant, and a huge change of pace: it was the first time in the AD era that we've won the first game of the season. Hopefully we can build on that. We don't expect 25+ from all three of our big men every night, but Jrue had a bad shooting game against the Rockets. If he plays up to his standard from last season, don't expect the scoring to drop off too much.

First time back at the SKC, and hopefully some of you guys will have been able to make it there. Everyone else, get a drink, load up your stream or League Pass or whatever, and get ready to watch our Pels (hopefully) put the boot on a team that has no business on the same court as them.
    Basketball.

Seems like the teams I am a fan of with various sports rise up to competition but play down to bad teams. I want to see more of our rotational players, obviously, but I'm looking for us to mow down a weaker opponent.

Flap Flap!

Because it's opening night, I don't expect a let down, Just DO IT BIGGER.

I have a 2007-2008 feel but better and this ******** is exciting

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    i dont know what it will take for yall to believe that we are a top 4 seed team going to the 3rd round but it is already written for this team...

tonight if jrue, payton and i guess moore can hold buddy and fox in check...our 3 bigs and payton get 40 rebounds...and the defense dont give up 10-12 easy point at the rim,,we will win by 20...book it again lol....

Pels win tonight 114-101 everyone gets free chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i dont know what it will take for yall to believe that we are a top 4 seed team going to the 3rd round but it is already written for this team...

tonight if jrue, payton and i guess moore can hold buddy and fox in check...our 3 bigs and payton get 40 rebounds...and the defense dont give up 10-12 easy point at the rim,,we will win by 20...book it again lol....
    I think we're going to win. I'm pretty sure we're going to win. I predicted 52 wins on the season, and we have to win the easy games for that to happen...

...BUT we're still the Pelicans, so I'm actually more worried about ''easy win'' games than I am about difficult ones.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think we're going to win. I'm pretty sure we're going to win. I predicted 52 wins on the season, and we have to win the easy games for that to happen...

...BUT we're still the Pelicans, so I'm actually more worried about ''easy win'' games than I am about difficult ones.

man you got me lmao at we're still the pelicans lol.....that was in the past.....this team just have to get the killer instinct in them because we saw how they left houston with life in the second half...this need to learn how to cut the head off when they get a big lead and they should learn that this season...

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Pels win tonight 114-101 everyone gets free chicken!
    WAIT DID THEY CHANGE IT FROM FRIES TO CHICKEN??????

Oh crap you're right. It is fries. I always bought the individual tenders and sauce with it lol

Totally hype, and kind of nervous too. Gotta start this 2-0

Sold out arena?!?

Sold out arena?!?
    Was shocked to hear that myself, hope its not too good to be true.

Yesterday they said "sparse" tickets available on wwl. I am ecstatic they have a full room.

David Wesley pointing out something I think a lot of people overlooked: only 12 turnovers vs Houston. That's big, if we can do that kind of thing this season.

AD fouled out every single Suns big in a game last season.

Repeat performance?

It would be neat if AD made his free throws

It would be neat if AD made his free throws
    He usually shoots like 85+% from the FT line. I'm willing to forgive him for a couple of misses early

Yesterday they said "sparse" tickets available on wwl. I am ecstatic they have a full room.
    It looks no where near full on TV

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    TODAYILEARNED: Iman Shumpert is on the Kings.

AD WITH THE DISGUSTING POSTER.

WOW.

JESUS.

HAVE MERCY

How the hell do you look like you're getting tazed in mid air by a touch on the stomach lmao

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

At first I was annoyed but when I saw the replay, okay that's fair. Randle did shove him in the air. I complain about it all the time when it happens to AD, can't justify it when we do it.

Wonder how worried Houston fans are gonna be when they find out the Kings are playing us better than they did.

Well the in game experience hasn't changed yet. I'm still hearing a ton of Day oooooo.

Ugh.

Thread Information