Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: October 19th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - Home Opener - 1-0

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I watched some of the GS game last night. One thing I noticed is that they play fast, but not at the break neck speed of 2 years ago. GS v Pelicans is gonna be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I watched some of the GS game last night. One thing I noticed is that they play fast, but not at the break neck speed of 2 years ago. GS v Pelicans is gonna be fun to watch!
    They've gotten a little older, they've gotten a little more complacent. It doesn't seem like much, but Durant is 30 now. Curry is too, and has had a career plagued with ankle and foot injuries. Iguodala is 34, and Livingston is 33. Obviously none of these guys are totally ancient, but it's old enough that multiple years of playing at breakneck speed, including deep playoff runs, will have had some impact. Hell, Thompson and Green are the youngest members of their core and they're 28.

Jrue is 28 too, but he's the oldest member of our core, not the youngest. AD is 25, Randle is 23, Payton is 24, Mirotic is 27, and we've only really played at this pace for a year or so. That, and we're currently playing faster than Golden State ever did. I honestly think that if everyone stays healthy and we continue to run, we've got an advantage over a 7 game series at least in longevity.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They've gotten a little older, they've gotten a little more complacent. It doesn't seem like much, but Durant is 30 now. Curry is too, and has had a career plagued with ankle and foot injuries. Iguodala is 34, and Livingston is 33. Obviously none of these guys are totally ancient, but it's old enough that multiple years of playing at breakneck speed, including deep playoff runs, will have had some impact. Hell, Thompson and Green are the youngest members of their core and they're 28.

Jrue is 28 too, but he's the oldest member of our core, not the youngest. AD is 25, Randle is 23, Payton is 24, Mirotic is 27, and we've only really played at this pace for a year or so. That, and we're currently playing faster than Golden State ever did. I honestly think that if everyone stays healthy and we continue to run, we've got an advantage over a 7 game series at least in longevity.
    I really think this is the last year for the Warriors with their current core. I just can't see Thompson turning down a max or near max from another team. They may even trade him before the deadline to get something back. For those that don't follow Thompson is in the final year of his deal and makes a little over 18mil. I don't see how they keep him unless he takes a huge discount. But this will probably be his last chance to really cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I really think this is the last year for the Warriors with their current core. I just can't see Thompson turning down a max or near max from another team. They may even trade him before the deadline to get something back. For those that don't follow Thompson is in the final year of his deal and makes a little over 18mil. I don't see how they keep him unless he takes a huge discount. But this will probably be his last chance to really cash in.
    He said recently he's done with taking discounts though he wants to remain with GSW. This could very well be the last season with their current core. The most likely guy to leave is Durant IMO. That begs the question, where would he go
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-20-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    That too. Thompson already has a ton of accolades. He has three rings, he's got all-star spots, he's been an all-nba player, he doesn't really need to 'prove' himself in that way, and he's not going to get anything more from being on the Warriors. He's not going to get an all-NBA first or second team playing 3rd option on the Warriors. He's not going to get an MVP, or a Finals MVP. The only thing left for him, really, is to show he can be a main feature in an offense and get paid. Obviously he might be content to just stay in GS and rack up rings, but if he wants to do something new, he has to leave, and at 28 he's not going to get another chance after this (I say that, knowing 33 year old CP3 just signed a monster deal).

So next year: Thompson gone, Durant possibly gone, Curry 31/32, Iguodala 35, Livingstone 34, Draymond 29. Are they done? Maybe.

That too. Thompson already has a ton of accolades. He has three rings, he's got all-star spots, he's been an all-nba player, he doesn't really need to 'prove' himself in that way, and he's not going to get anything more from being on the Warriors. He's not going to get an all-NBA first or second team playing 3rd option on the Warriors. He's not going to get an MVP, or a Finals MVP. The only thing left for him, really, is to show he can be a main feature in an offense and get paid. Obviously he might be content to just stay in GS and rack up rings, but if he wants to do something new, he has to leave, and at 28 he's not going to get another chance after this (I say that, knowing 33 year old CP3 just signed a monster deal).

So next year: Thompson gone, Durant possibly gone, Curry 31/32, Iguodala 35, Livingstone 34, Draymond 29. Are they done? Maybe.
    I think they are likely to be able to keep either Durant or Thompson but certainly not both. It all depends on if Durant picks up his option. I think Durant ends up staying. They would still be a great team but not the unstoppable force that they have been recently.

Niko= Klay
    Randle= Draymond
    AD= Durant
    Jrue= Igudola
    Elfrid= Steph
    Small ball death lineup vs. Bully Speed Ball lineup

oh yeah and...
    Cousins= Injured chump

Basketball Guru
    durant has titles now but is crying about how people are hating on him and thats why he dont get MVP....he is not getting MVP being on GS if that whole team is healthy...so if that is a goal of his then he has to leave and go to the knicks where they say him and his business partner do business at.....or he go play with lebron and if he help lebron get a 1 or 2 seed then maybe the voters would give him the MVP award..

klay is on record saying that he like winning titles and want to see how far GS can take it but thats just talk and things changes if durant leave and if durant leave,,i think harrison barnes would go back to GS to replace durant......the funny thing is that klay and green are talking about loyalty with GS but if durant leave,,GS would trade klay and green for AD lol and i know they have heard those talks so i think green would be the one to leave because i dont see GS paying him all of that money in 2020 plus he said that he is not taking another pay cut like he did to sign KD........dont think they are going to give cousins a big contract also......this might be GS last year as the top dog...

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Niko= Klay
    Randle= Draymond
    AD= Durant
    Jrue= Igudola
    Elfrid= Steph
    Small ball death lineup vs. Bully Speed Ball lineup

oh yeah and...
    Cousins= Injured chump
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Lol.
    Yeahhhhh

The idea that Iguodala is on the same level as Jrue at anything at this point in his career is pretty laughable too.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Let’s smash GSW. I see us getting 120 on them. Put Jrue on Curry. Also, let’s play superfast the whole game but especially in the 3rd quarter. Gentry should put a full court press on GSW and wear them down. I think we can do it if we keep our players in an effective rotation so we start to wear them down with Randle, Hill, Clark and Miller off the bench. Keep up the speed and draw fouls and GSW will feel the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The writing is on the wall. Klay and Draymond both left extensions on the table this summer. Klay will be a FA this summer and Dray next summer. I think Durant's decision on his option next year is the king pin. Once he makes that decision they will either throw that money at Klay and Dray if he leaves. But one or both would still likely have to leave money on the table to stay. Honestly, Klay might go for it but I think Dray splits. So they would be without Durant and Dray. They would not nearly be the same.

Still need to see how this team will handle teams with true bigs like the 76ers and Utah. Pelicans dont really have that girthy big outside of Jahlil. And it looks like he won't be playing much. At least not now.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Still need to see how this team will handle teams with true bigs like the 76ers and Utah. Pelicans dont really have that girthy big outside of Jahlil. And it looks like he won't be playing much. At least not now.
    WCS / Labissiare are true bigs.

You think Gobert or Embiid are going to run with us all game? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    WCS / Labissiare are true bigs.

You think Gobert or Embiid are going to run with us all game? Nah.
    They can slow the game down enough. And WCS/Labissiare aren't true bigs to me. They are kinda light in the butt comapred to the guys I mentioned. I'm talking bigs that can bruise.

Gortat coming up might give an indication.

Basketball Guru
    They can slow the game down enough. And WCS/Labissiare aren't true bigs to me. They are kinda light in the butt comapred to the guys I mentioned. I'm talking bigs that can bruise.

jordan is the only big that abuse AD who im worried about....gobert,,will be a factor if we meet in the playoffs...

I'll believe they can slow the game down enough when I see it.

Yeahhhhh

The idea that Iguodala is on the same level as Jrue at anything at this point in his career is pretty laughable too.
    Sorry I didn't mean an equality of skill and talent just that those opposing lineups are intriguing. Our size vs theirs.

So what schedule maker decided to give us three days off between home games, right when we're playing so well?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    So what schedule maker decided to give us three days off between home games, right when we're playing so well?
    I think Randle is a little gimpy so not a bad problem. This is a loooong season.

I think Randle is a little gimpy so not a bad problem. This is a loooong season.
    Yes, but I'm an entitled fan.

So.

Play more now. We waited all summer for two games in the first week basically. Not enough to make up for the long off-season.

Thread Information