Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Close eyes. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. It's just one game. It's just one game.

Close eyes. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. It's just one game. It's just one game.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UnrealisticFilthyBullfrog-mobile.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	6357
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

It's over, give us the rings now, league on notice, AD for MVP DPOY, latent ROTY on his Ben Simmons tip, its in the bag
    Basketball.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThirstyYellowAmericanquarterhorse-max-1mb.gif 
Views:	39 
Size:	397.2 KB 
ID:	6359

We lead our division.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Just one great game. I want us to kill it during this 4 game homestand.
    RIP FlyGirl

Yep we still need wing help pretty badly.

Watching TJ Warren right now, surely he could be expendable? Jackson is the future at 3 for them.

Honestly we are one above average/star wing from properly contending

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Watching TJ Warren right now, surely he could be expendable? Jackson is the future at 3 for them.

Warren isnt a 3.
    He is a poor 3 pt shooter.
    Rather someone else for that contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's over, give us the rings now, league on notice, AD for MVP DPOY, latent ROTY on his Ben Simmons tip, its in the bag
    I’m with you on this. CHAMPIONSHIP
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Warren isnt a 3.
    He's played SF at all stages of his life. Is 6'8", the perfect SF size. Yeah he's been a poor 3 point shooter but has started 3/4, maybe he has improved.

He's played SF at all stages of his life. Is 6'8", the perfect SF size. Yeah he's been a poor 3 point shooter but has started 3/4, maybe he has improved.
    Yeah his contract isn't as bad as I thought. Still don't think he's a SF. Until he can shoot the 3 ball at an average rate he is a tweener.

Not sure he has the foot speed to guard SF's either.

But look if PHX trade him for Solo and our 1st I'd have to consider it.

It was one just 1 game but it was a glimpse of what’s to come. Go Pels! Great win
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Anytime the Rockets lose its a good thing. Harden and CP3 are probably 1 and 2 in the league for flopping. It's a super annoying style of basketball. Only team I hope gets curb stomped more is GSW.

I know it's just 1 win but I think it's more important than Gentry and others are letting on. There were question marks all off season with this team, question marks that the pre season did nothing to eliminate. Winning in dominate fashion against the Rockets in an away game on national TV shows this team can hang with the big teams in the West. It showed this style and group of players can work, and we have to think there is still a ton of growing room to go. If we click and continue to gel I think we will be a top 3 seed.

Agreed.

It's also a bit unfortunate that we are kind of in a weird spot going forward. It will be hard to keep this perfect big man rotation going without maxing out the space we need to bring in that wing(Both Randle and Mirotic are playing above their paygrade and I can't imagine won't seek the max return the market can bear). So you are probably talking about a James Ennis/Demarre Carroll type and not an Otto Porter or Khris Middleton type. Unless that is you flip one of Mirotic/Randle on the back of stellar play and the expectation the new team can retain them.

Can a James Ennis or Demarre Carroll level player get us into contention status? If AD's surrounding cast continues to play at even 85% of last night, I think the answer is actually yes.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 10-18-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Yeah his contract isn't as bad as I thought. Still don't think he's a SF. Until he can shoot the 3 ball at an average rate he is a tweener.
    Shooting the 3 does not define whether a player is a SF. He has always been a SF. Not sure if he is a fit or not.

I tried to watch for this, but did anyone notice if we played AD, Randle, and Niko together last night?

I too have felt a solid 3 was a badly missing piece. After last night, not so sure. We have Miller, Wes, SOLO, Williams and Bluitt and guess what, we are still going to start Moore there. Not to mention the AD, MIR, and Randall experiment coming soon.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    I tried to watch for this, but did anyone notice if we played AD, Randle, and Niko together last night?
    those 3 were the front court rotation at the 4 and 5...

We just have to be patient for that Demarre Carroll or Trevor Ariza buyout

I believe we did and we was bully ball with Rockets going small..

We did, multiple times, and frequently when the Rockets were playing no big man. We were playing 3 guys 6'10+ simultaneously against the Rockets playing no one over 6'9, and we were still running them off the floor and using the size to get mismatches. It was great.

Warren isnt a 3.
    I know it’s one game but he made 3 of 4 3s last night. Warren is the guy I want cause he could possibly be had without giving up too much of our core since he isn’t starting & Jackson is their 3 going forward even though neither started last night cause of Ariza

Bully ball hyped up on Red Bull and cocain.

The Rockets looked old and tired last night. I wonder if the age is starting to show from their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Shooting the 3 does not define whether a player is a SF. He has always been a SF. Not sure if he is a fit or not.
    It does for me.

For those of you who think that TJ Warren is a major upgrade over Solomon Hill.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/r...e/2/position/5

See player 62 and then 63.

Yes. I’d prefer Warren for his Salary over Hill’s but I’d rather bet on Dell getting a real player in Feb.

Thread Information