Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: October 17th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - Season Opener - 0-0

Pelicans October 17th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Houston Rockets - Season Opener - 0-0

Welcome to the new season!

If you guys are anything like me, it couldn't come soon enough. I've been rewatching games from the last few seasons just to try and hold me over, and I couldn't be more glad that the wait is done with.

For Game One, we're up against the Houston Rockets. As has already been pointed out on the board, they are no joke, and starting the season on the road is always a little trickier, so it's not one to be totally put out by if we lose. That said, I think we have every chance to win! AD likes to show up in the first game of the season (remember that 50 point opener against Denver a few seasons ago?) and if the team really puts in the grit on the defensive end, I can see this being a little bit of an upset for the Rockets.

So let's welcome in the new season with a win, no? Why not!
    Basketball.

Flap Flap!

I am somehow more excited for this game than the first Saints game.....which is odd because I would consider myself a bigger Saints fan. I love the Pelicans. But I loathe the NBA. My excitement usually dies fast once the officials take over.

Dang. I just became a Gloomy Gus.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-17-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Flap Flap!

I am somehow more excited for this game than the first Saints game.....which is odd because I would consider myself a bigger Saints fan. I love the Pelicans. But I loathe the NBA. My excitement usually dies fast once the officials take over.

Dang. I just became a Gloomy Gus.
    Ditto- So, Chris's, Knight & Nene are out. I want to know HOW is Houston a better team than Pels tonight. There is NOWAY that the Rockets are an 8pt fav. Jrue/Harden. EP/CP3. Then what for Houston? They have Zero depth & Zero height . I'm going to Biloxi to put a Benjamin on the Pels.

So we apparently claimed Frazier off of waivers lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    pelicans win by 10+...book it...lets roll...

You know the refs are spotting them at least 10. We need to outscore them by twenty.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    You know the refs are spotting them at least 10. We need to outscore them by twenty.
    im a betting man..we got this...

the 2 things that will get me mad in this game are the pick n roll with capela.....and when i see cp3,,harden or eric gordon guarding AD or randall in the paint and we dont take advantage of that smdh.......we will still win by 10+.....

That's the ONLY thing that has me guarded. Payton averaged 6 assists a game. Which is good. But we need more. He's young and this is his first regular season game with us. I think it may take him half the season to get familiar in our offense.

is this where I say I want the Pelicans to win tonight?

because I want the Pelicans to win tonight

GEAUX PELS!!!
    Last edited by rt0307; 10-17-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Perfect chance to see how the team is clicking so far. Could go either way, but I’m glad that basketball is back.

I’m over the AD to Boston talk. Can the media let that go already? The Pels could win the championship and they’ll be a Boston Celtics trade rumor.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    Wow this is a pretty long segment on where AD could wind up. Thanks ESPN

ESPN are scum. Jalen tried to stick up for us which was surprising.

I'm so hype that I'm even settling for watching the beginning of the Cavs/Raptors game. Just need some basketball

Let's see how ad 3ko and Julius play together. That may be the most potent front court in the league... If they realize their potential.

Starting lineups:

New Orleans
    PG: payton
    SG: holiday
    SF: moore
    PF: mirotic
    C: davis

Houston
    PG: paul
    SG: harden
    SF: ennis
    PF: tucker
    C: capela

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    I was just about to come and post this same thing. They reaaaaaallly want AD to leave. I hope the team takes this and uses it as a huge chip on their shoulders. Time to run fools out of the gym

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Starting lineups:

New Orleans
    PG: payton
    SG: holiday
    SF: moore
    PF: mirotic
    C: davis

Houston
    PG: paul
    SG: harden
    SF: ennis
    PF: tucker
    C: capela
    I thought they would try this. Continue with as much continuity as possible from last year. Only one new starter is mush easier to assimilate than two and changing other guys' roles around.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    Only live sports on ESPN since 2010. It's pretty nice to only listen to local people.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Only live sports on ESPN since 2010. It's pretty nice to only listen to local people.
    Same here but I made the mistake of putting ESPN on early in my excitement. Talk about a buzzkill

boy... the gray is really starting to show David... you may want to get rid of the beard is you want to keep looking younger

Let’s go Pell I think we get the upset tonight !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Is Jrue for real gonna wear that headband? That's awesome!

AND HERE WE GO!!

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I thought they would try this. Continue with as much continuity as possible from last year. Only one new starter is mush easier to assimilate than two and changing other guys' roles around.
    yeah makes sense, they want to get out to a decent start to the year. inactive players are bluiett, frazier and Johnson. Jahlil is active.

nice ball movement there, starting with AD. missed the shot but nice play none the less.

Thread Information