Pelicans Report

Thread: Before you get dramatic tonight

Pelicans Before you get dramatic tonight

Just remember, peeps. Houston is still a great team and this is their home opener. If you find that you are a dramatic person with histrionic tendencies, have your support group on standby. I still think we have a great chance to win, tonight, but if we don't, it's not a sign that we are doomed. This is one of the top teams in the league.

You are loved. Your pessimism isn't. There's a difference. We still see the good in you and don't harm yourself.

A loss tonight, no big deal. A loss Friday, everyone is on the chopping block. Am I right!? Lol. Let’s go Pels!
    RIP FlyGirl

Totally with you. We have every chance to win and we should come out looking for an upset, but if we do end losing its hardly the end of the world. It's not even the end of the week. It's barely the end of the night. A loss sucks, but it's nothing to be tipped off kilter about.
    Basketball.

Winning or losing is the main story tonight, but I'll be more concerned with the stories within the story

Are you trying to say we are going to get smoked tonight?

Mixed. I think we're a top four team. Loads upgraded from last year. I also think the Rockets took a small step back. But Payton is new. There might be a long learning curve and having a young new distributor might hurt us initially. So I could see us starting slow out the gates.

This is a new team we have 2 new starters and a few new players on the bench. I'm not expecting much early on, but at least lets have a good showing Don't lose by 40.

Dramatic? Aren't we all expecting to loss? I feel like our expecations are pretty solid at the moment.

It wouldn't be pPelicans basketball if we didn't start off in a hole like two season prior with Gentry.

I think we can win. I won't be upset with a loss, as long as it's a fight. I'll be worried by a blow out.
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

My expectation is to win slightly better then 6 out of every 10 games. Thus, if we win tonight, I'll expect to win 5 of the next 9, if not, then 6 of next 9. Nothing more,nothing less.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Totally with you. We have every chance to win and we should come out looking for an upset, but if we do end losing its hardly the end of the world. It's not even the end of the week. It's barely the end of the night. A loss sucks, but it's nothing to be tipped off kilter about.

dude, when are you going to start the game day thread lol?...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dude, when are you going to start the game day thread lol?...
    There, done it

Lose tonight and we tank

Lol

But its nationally televised we at least need to put up a fight.

Banned
    ESPN going to spend whole pregame on where Davis is traded?

Thread Information