Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Davis' thoughts on winning {edited}

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    How is this a worrisome quote? Don’t we want him to try to be the best player in the league and win?
    Of course, I JUST DON'T THINK he is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No. Don't placate that toad. It's preseason. Losing only sucks in preseason if you are sad and don't realize it's preseason. Or if you're a troll.
    This x423961
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Let's see: Ingram, Kuzma, rondo, stephenson, hart, ball, KCP.....yes, it's better.
    Honestly? Not a one of them can hold a candle to Jrue. I would take Jrue, Randle and Mirotic over any combination of 3 of those players.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    im now convince that you are the poster formerly name 4real......the names changes but the writing and antics stays the same....
    For the record I did not start the thread. I was just expressing my opinion! Isn't this what this forum is for? Then you compare me to some other posters. How insecure are you people? I see why this forum has very little posters. Don't worry I'll go to a forum where grown ups go too. Gosh I was looking for civil fun debate and you guys lose minds. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    For the record I did not start the thread. I was just expressing my opinion! Isn't this what this forum is for? Then you compare me to some other posters. How insecure are you people? I see why this forum has very little posters. Don't worry I'll go to a forum where grown ups go too. Gosh I was looking for civil fun debate and you guys lose minds. LOL.
    What was wrong about what he said?

It's few, not little. Few posters.

AD can't say nothin without some people here chasing him off to LA. Good Lawd.

Forums are mostly black and white. There is no in-between. Let’s hope we get off to a good start.

Sounds to me like a personal goal he is setting for himself and NOTHING else. It's comical how so much is made of nothing some times.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Sounds to me like a personal goal he is setting for himself and NOTHING else. It's comical how so much is made of nothing some times.
    Yes and no. The quote itself is pretty much harmless as most have pointed out. But it does go along with the theory that Anthony isn’t settled and this team needs to establish a winning culture. Before Lebron went to the Lakers, AD was locked in to New Orleans. He was ecstatic about the Boogie trade, and it seemed like our fortunes were turning (until he got injured). I can’t find any hint of him being excited anymore. If we don’t become a title threat soon, I can’t imagine him staying.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Holy ******** even you're being positive this may be a good year after all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Holy ******** even you're being positive this may be a good year after all

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's few, not little. Few posters.
    But how sure can you be? We may all be tiny.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yes and no. The quote itself is pretty much harmless as most have pointed out. But it does go along with the theory that Anthony isn’t settled and this team needs to establish a winning culture. Before Lebron went to the Lakers, AD was locked in to New Orleans. He was ecstatic about the Boogie trade, and it seemed like our fortunes were turning (until he got injured). I can’t find any hint of him being excited anymore. If we don’t become a title threat soon, I can’t imagine him staying.
    That's a giant stretch. It's not even connected to anything so it can't really technically be a stretch.

AD has a passive personality. He's soft by nature. It has been is weakness. Really his only weakness. We've identified that, he has, as well. This quote is merely him giving himself positive affirmations about being dominant. And it's awesome and refreshing to here. Pels fans should love this.

Banned
    I will proudly eat my crow. Glad I was wrong.

That's a giant stretch. It's not even connected to anything so it can't really technically be a stretch.

AD has a passive personality. He's soft by nature. It has been is weakness. Really his only weakness. We've identified that, he has, as well. This quote is merely him giving himself positive affirmations about being dominant. And it's awesome and refreshing to here. Pels fans should love this.
    I don’t have a problem with that either and I agree about his personality. I’m open to the possibility of him leaving though, but we are off to a great start so we shall put this discussion on hold for now.

We won a game. And now he's talking about being Westbrook. He's going to stay.

Oh happy day.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...t-greatest-nba

"I saw what Russ Westbrook did when [Kevin] Durant went down with that foot injury in OKC. And that's what I told Coach Gentry I have to be. If I have to be Westbrook, I will be Westbook."

Oh happy day.
    You do realise when that article was written?

But how sure can you be? We may all be tiny.
    Just a group minute men

Oh happy day.
    Breh

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I read that as Lebron is so good that his teams always have a chance to win. He is saying his teams need to be that way as well. He seems to be challenging himself to be that kind of dominant player. Lebron does not win because of the surrounding case. Does anyone honestly think his surrounding cast in LA is better than Davis' surrounding cast here?
    This is exactly how I read it too. Sounds more like AD feels he should have a Lebron type impact. Not just every other year or every few years but every year.

I read that as Lebron is so good that his teams always have a chance to win. He is saying his teams need to be that way as well. He seems to be challenging himself to be that kind of dominant player. Lebron does not win because of the surrounding case. Does anyone honestly think his surrounding cast in LA is better than Davis' surrounding cast here?
    That's how I had interpreted it as well.

I actually was a bit perplexed that so many people have read this as Davis making underhanded threats and swipes at the organization.

Honestly? Not a one of them can hold a candle to Jrue. I would take Jrue, Randle and Mirotic over any combination of 3 of those players.
    Also agreed. I think our supporting cast at this point looks much more cohesive and talented than what Lebron has in LA at the moment.

Of course the major deviation will be that LA is positioned to upgrade that cast significantly with how they have organized their cap.

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Let's see: Ingram, Kuzma, rondo, stephenson, hart, ball, KCP.....yes, it's better.
    The only good guys on that list would have to be traded to get AD in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    None of those players are as good as Jrue. There's a debate to be made that none of them are as good as Randle.
    Jrue was in the league MVPs nightmares last night

Banned
    I believe it is ESPN who started it and everyone else including myself took the bait.

Thread Information