Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Davis' thoughts on winning {edited}

Davis' thoughts on winning {edited}

44 mins ago – via ESPN
    “When you look at LeBron, every year you know he’s going to be great and his team is going to have a chance to win the title,” Davis said. “From here on out, I want to be in that conversation every year. Not every other year. Not every few years. Every year. If that’s going to happen, we’re going to have to win, and I’m going to have to be the most dominant player.”

I saw this coming,Dell has failed, prepare for a CP3esque story.Once again.

I’m going to the game tonight. I’ll be sure to tell him “say it ain’t so Joe.” I’m sure he will listen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Yeah, Dell will need to scram if Davis leaves.

But yeah, I hate this. I hate using LeBron as a role model, because he's a slimeball. But he wants to win so go figure. Not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I’m going to the game tonight. I’ll be sure to tell him “say it ain’t so Joe.” I’m sure he will listen.
    And just in case you'll see Dell, tell him what in the world happened to downgrade from DC to Randle and Rondo for Elfrid.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is a terrible thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is a terrible thread.
    It can be even worse:

Those statements can be uncomfortable for some, especially with the Pelicans so aware he can be a free agent in 2020. More to the point, if Davis isn’t feeling the franchise next summer when it can offer him a five-year extension for around $240 million, there’s going to be problems. Big problems. That reality is just below the surface on every decision that is taking place in New Orleans right now. Just being around the team and talking to its players, coaches and executives, the tension exists. To pretend it doesn’t isn’t genuine. That makes this season pretty important for the future of the franchise. 44 mins ago – via ESPN

He is right to be frustrated. We should have been competing sooner, but we have had several daft moves and unfortunate injuries that have stopped us from ever building any chemistry. That and the coaching isn’t necessarily world class- Gentry needs to prove he can replicate the success at the end of the year. I don’t think we stand a chance at keeping him unless we get another star in. His comments can’t be filling any would be Pelicans with confidence though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The Cousins move certainly helped his case to stay longer term. But then Cousins ghosted us so now we're back at square one.

Sometimes I feel as though I've stumbled upon a Flat Earth Forum.

Clearly he's talking about how LeBron is able to take over games and dominate single handedly. Absolutely nothing he quotes talks about how LeBron moves to teams who give him better chances to win. This is all about AD adopting a dominant mindset.

Tin foil hats off, lads.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 10-17-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Basketball Guru
    lebron also play GM,,also recruit players to play with him....if AD want to be like lebron then he has to check his ego and recruit players to come play with the best player in the league....AD has to be a slimball like some of you think lebron is and AD has to make personnel moves starting now while his super max is looming.......

I read that as Lebron is so good that his teams always have a chance to win. He is saying his teams need to be that way as well. He seems to be challenging himself to be that kind of dominant player. Lebron does not win because of the surrounding case. Does anyone honestly think his surrounding cast in LA is better than Davis' surrounding cast here?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I read that as Lebron is so good that his teams always have a chance to win. He is saying his teams need to be that way as well. He seems to be challenging himself to be that kind of dominant player. Lebron does not win because of the surrounding case. Does anyone honestly think his surrounding cast in LA is better than Davis' surrounding cast here?
    THIS 100%

Time to end this thread and get pumped for a new NBA season. I'm excited to see what the team can do with a fully healthy squad. Geaux Pels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Let's see: Ingram, Kuzma, rondo, stephenson, hart, ball, KCP.....yes, it's better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Davis wants to win and I’m glad he’s putting pressure on the franchise. He’s doing everything he can do when it’s time to decide on the supermax he will know what to do. I don’t think he’s set on leaving. But guys like Elfrid and Randle need to gel fast and Jrue needs to play at a high level. We have to be a top five team in the west imo. That’s not going to be easy.

I think Demps did a great job and Jrue has been great. Gentry has done fine. We are a good franchise. This is the NBA. It’s brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IVAN_NOH View Post
    Let's see: Ingram, Kuzma, rondo, stephenson, hart, ball, KCP.....yes, it's better.
    None of those players are as good as Jrue. There's a debate to be made that none of them are as good as Randle.
    Basketball.

Banned
    Our 1st string could not stop Toronto's D-League team last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    Our first string, playing at maybe 70% effort at best, playing unusual rotations and not actually playing their standard minutes, could not stop the bench of the league's deepest team.

Listen, yeah losing sucks even in the pre-season. But there's no reason to act like we're the 2016 Nets or something.

Geezus Christ here we go seriously can some of you take a day off from the chicken little mentality?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

All hes saying is he knows he needs to be more dominate in order to win, just like Lebron, just like KD and Steph, just like Westbrook ETC..

You are reading way to far into this

No. Don't placate that toad. It's preseason. Losing only sucks in preseason if you are sad and don't realize it's preseason. Or if you're a troll.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    No. Don't placate that toad. It's preseason. Losing only sucks in preseason if you are sad and don't realize it's preseason. Or if you're a troll.
    We will see tonight. I think Davis is frustrated here.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Sometimes I feel as though I've stumbled upon a Flat Earth Forum.

Clearly he's talking about how LeBron is able to take over games and dominate single handedly. Absolutely nothing he quotes talks about how LeBron moves to teams who give him better chances to win. This is all about AD adopting a dominant mindset.

Tin foil hats off, lads.
    thank you!

We will see tonight. I think Davis is frustrated here.
    Even if you are right, so what, the Pels hold all the cards, if he refuses SM this summer he goes to highest bidder. THE END. Give it a rest, basketball is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Even if you are right, so what, the Pels hold all the cards, if he refuses SM this summer he goes to highest bidder. THE END. Give it a rest, basketball is here.
    How is this a worrisome quote? Don’t we want him to try to be the best player in the league and win?

Basketball Guru
    im now convince that you are the poster formerly name 4real......the names changes but the writing and antics stays the same....

Thread Information