-Can't stay healthy
    -May actually turn Davis away from Pels extension
    -Probably will not sign extension

For

-Worth Risk
    -Anything to get Davis to sign Supermax
    -Might be enough to challenge teams like G.S. and Houston in playoffs
    -Got nothing to lose

Anything to add? I'm hoping Dell at least make an attempt to get Butler. Looks like trade To Miami is dead in the water after some name calling, NSFW https://deadspin.com/pat-riley-denie...r-a-1829731247 Curious though what is that Minny wants that would convince them to trade Butler? Ideas?

Butler is about money AND winning, and he will also put in 100% and expect all of his teammates to do the same, which I dont think would be a problem here because we have high character hard working guys...

From what I've heard, Minny is asking way to much in return for Jimmy though, theres no way we can land him with who we have, unless we are giving up Niko or Jrue, and I dont want to do that

For: if he stays healthy we may get to the conference finals

Against: cost unless it's mostly picks

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    The thing I love about Jimmy Butler, is that he's not a guy who's here to make friends. If he sees some BS, he'll call you out on it. Kinda reminds me of Michael Thomas a little bit.

Definitely all for Jimmy on this team. Now, will that happen? Absolutely not lol.

For: Seems to have a good relationship with Mirotic and might convince him to sign an extension as well.

Now is a VERY important time. An extremely important one. We really are that one major piece away from contending. Make the right move and nab a person who will buy in and stay and we are golden. Setup for quite a few years. Pull the trigger on a guy that doesn't fit the bill or bolts and leaves us hanging and you risk losing AD. It is not as simple as it seems and it is extremely high risk high reward. Dell can't panic.

The Franchise
    Butlers not the perfect SF for us I think kawhi is but I don’t think he’s possible. I do think Butlers the next best thing and could take us to the next level. I’m not worried about next year or resigning him or not. If we could get him for a first and a conditional first and not give up our core that’d be ideal. I think a three way with Atlanta and bazemore would work. Bazemore is a step down for the t-wolves but still keeps them in win now mode. I’d much prefer to do the deal now because creating continuity after the trade deadline will be tough and I don’t think we could get a better player anyway.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    You do whatever it takes to get Butler, as far as I'm concerned. You literally can't mortage our future. If the moves we make don't work out, and we can't keep Davis...then whenever he leaves, it's done in such a way that we can control where and how. So we get tons of value back and just suck for a while.

Butler can guard several spots, even if he's not super elite at it. And he's a strong offensive player the likes we've NEVER had taller than 6'4" but shorter than 6'10". Not since Jamal Mashburn, I guess. (Or Lee Nailon?)

That said...it's probably not going to happen. We got lucky with Cousins for that short amount of time. I doubt we strike gold twice via seasonal trades to land an All-Star. Hell, most of my worry if we got him is that he'd go up for a rebound and blow out his ACL or achilles too.

If you believe what MM has told us, the price is too high for Butler and even if we found a way to get him, it would be a one year rental. He wants a max deal and supposedly Dell would not be willing to give him that.

For: One if only a hand full of two way players in the NBA.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Con: Minnesota (Thibs) has no interest in rebuilding so a package centered on our 1st round pick would be of little interest to them, in addition to not being all that good an offer anyway. Like if someone offered us a low 1st rounder/filler for Jrue.

Thread Information