Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-2019 Season Predictions Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

NBA NBA 2018-2019 Season Predictions Thread

This thread is for any predictions that anyone wants to make for this season. Win-Loss records, Playoff predictions, ROTY or MVP predictions, all of that stuff. As of this post there is less than 6 hours before the NBA season begins, so kill some time by making up stuff that will make you look crazy 6 months from now!

Pels 51-31

AD wins MVP with a 29.4/11/4 stat line

Jrue makes the all star game with 21/5/6 stat line

Payton averages 10+ APG

Let's go! I love making predictions, seeing how the season plays out is always fun when you have a comparison to make. Here's mine.

Record: 52-30
    ROTY: Luka Doncic
    MVP: Lebron James, but AD will deserve it.
    DPOY: Anthony Davis.
    6MOY: Carmelo Anthony will get it based off of the narrative as long as he posts at least 15ppg, and we'll all be mad that Randle doesn't get it.

All-NBA members from our team: AD will make the All NBA 1st team, and All Defensive 1st team. Jrue will make All Defensive 2nd team, and we'll all be mad that he didn't get 1st again.

Jrue will average 20ppg for the first time in his career, and shoot over 36% from 3.

Randle will average at least 15/9/5, in just under 30 minutes a game.

Playoff spots: In the West, it'll go Rockets, Warriors, Thunder, Pelicans, Jazz, Lakers, Portland, Nuggets. In the East, it'll go Raptors, Celtics, 76ers, Pacers, Bucks, Wizards, Pistons, and Cavaliers.

Our Pelicans post a top 5 offense throughout the entire season, and our defense will start off around 15th before rising to top 10 between January and the end of the season.
    Basketball.

Banned
    AD wins MVP

Pels are 7 seed play Warriors in first round. Where we go from there???????

At seasons end

1 Rockets
    2 Warriors
    3 Lakers
    4 Thunder
    5 Spurs
    6 Jazz
    7 Pels
    8. Blazers
    Last edited by Toad504; 10-16-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    AD wins MVP

Pels are 7 seed play Warriors in first round. Where we go from there???????

At seasons end

1 Rockets
    2 Warriors
    3 Lakers
    4 Jazz
    5 Spurs
    6 Blazers
    7 Pelicans
    8. Clippers
    Why do you have the Lakers so high?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why do you have the Lakers so high?
    http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/n...u1fy8v6uht9ovu

http://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/n...91gc003c22ikvk

Basketball Guru
    warriors
    OKC
    utah
    pelicans
    rockets
    blazers
    spurs
    denver/lakers

dallas fade out and we trade for harrison barnes and maybe some other player in a 3 team trade and be hell for everyone in the playoffs...

AD get the MVP because of the 4 seed and because its his time as the writers think....

we get to the 3rd round and dont know what happens after that....

get some new pelicans fans lol...

talking heads bring back up AD leaving lol...

fans come down off our high and start worrying about AD leaving again...

So just purely based on the bookies? Whatever floats your boat, I guess

Banned
    I forgot to include Thunder. Adjusted now. Lakers will get 3rd seed .

Banned
    I don't have Lakers winning championship.

Basketball Guru
    I forgot to include Thunder. Adjusted now. Lakers will get 2nd seed .
    dude lebron would have to play all 82 games for the lakers to dream of getting a top 4 seed and he aint playing hard all 82 games this season....imo next season he will aim for a top 4 seed when he get a free agent or 2....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dude lebron would have to play all 82 games for the lakers to dream of getting a top 4 seed and he aint playing hard all 82 games this season....imo next season he will aim for a top 4 seed when he get a free agent or 2....
    Vegas disagrees with that. I do recall Lebron playing majority of games last year after Irving trade. Speaking of health, better hope Davis stays healthy all 82 games.

Personally, I dont see LA in the playoffs at all.. Lebron is going to start showing his age soon, and he cant keep up playing 100% and carrying a team for 82 games

Banned
    Lakers are also in Butler sweepstakes

https://www.ibtimes.com/butler-addre...t-says-2718224

https://heavy.com/sports/2018/08/jim...rs-nba-rumors/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    After thinking about it for a bit, here's what I'm going with for playoff predictions.

East

1. Celtics
    2. Raptors
    3. 76ers
    4. Pacers
    5. Bucks
    6. Wizards
    7. Heat
    8. Cavaliers

West

1. Warriors
    2. Rockets
    3. Jazz
    4. Pelicans
    5. Trailblazers
    6. Thunder
    7. Timberwolves
    8. Lakers

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Personally, I dont see LA in the playoffs at all.. Lebron is going to start showing his age soon, and he cant keep up playing 100% and carrying a team for 82 games

i dont see them either and thats why i had them 8 or 9th...i cant bet against him so i can see the 8th seed..

Banned
    i dont see them either and thats why i had them 8 or 9th...i cant bet against him so i can see the 8th seed..
    He practically carried the Cavs on his own last season. Did Kevin Love even play in playoffs last season? You going to tell me JR Smith and Tristan Thompson carried that Cavs team?

On that note be careful what you wish for if the Lakers are sluggish. The Davis to LA rumors will get even bigger.

Basketball Guru
    He practically carried the Cavs on his own last season. Did Kevin Love even play in playoffs last season? You going to tell me JR Smith and Tristan Thompson carried that Cavs team?

On that note be careful what you wish for if the Lakers are sluggish. The Davis to LA rumors will get even bigger.
    dude stop it..lebron was in the east...its 8 teams in the west better than the lakers.....

you are starting to sound like a former poster that kept getting banned on here who was making bad comments about the pelicans and players....time will tell...

I don't think that anybody is denying that Lebron was the absolute driving force behind the Cavs last season. After him, their second leading scorer was Kevin Love, who averaged about 18/9/2 a game on 46/42/88 splits. A good season, but not great. After that, their team dropped off. By the way, yes, Kevin Love played 21 games in the playoffs last year and averaged 15/11/2. So he wasn't exactly incredible, but it's not like he was a nonfactor the entire time.

The difference is, do you think that team gets to the finals in the West? Hell, do you think that team gets to the conference finals in the West?

This Lakers team is better than that Cavs team, but by how much? Which team is better: Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, Cedi Osman, Kyle Korver, Larry Nance Jr, Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green or Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, and Ingram?

I think you'd agree, the second team is better, but it's not like we're comparing the Magic to the Warriors here. Those two teams are just slightly different shades of not good. Take Lebron off this Lakers team, they're not a playoff team. Add him, sure, they're going to improve and they probably will be a playoff team (I have them 6th remember) but to picture them jumping up to a top three seed is kind of whacky. In my view.

I don't think that anybody is denying that Lebron was the absolute driving force behind the Cavs last season. After him, their second leading scorer was Kevin Love, who averaged about 18/9/2 a game on 46/42/88 splits. A good season, but not great. After that, their team dropped off. By the way, yes, Kevin Love played 21 games in the playoffs last year and averaged 15/11/2. So he wasn't exactly incredible, but it's not like he was a nonfactor the entire time.

The difference is, do you think that team gets to the finals in the West? Hell, do you think that team gets to the conference finals in the West?

This Lakers team is better than that Cavs team, but by how much? Which team is better: Kevin Love, J.R. Smith, Cedi Osman, Kyle Korver, Larry Nance Jr, Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green or Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, Javale McGee, Lance Stephenson, Rajon Rondo, and Ingram?

I think you'd agree, the second team is better, but it's not like we're comparing the Magic to the Warriors here. Those two teams are just slightly different shades of not good. Take Lebron off this Lakers team, they're not a playoff team. Add him, sure, they're going to improve and they probably will be a playoff team (I have them 6th remember) but to picture them jumping up to a top three seed is kind of whacky. In my view.
    Is that even a discussion??? The lakers are loaded, I think you guys are severely underestimating the lakes. I hope the Pels do well but the Lakers did look good during the preseason.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Is that even a discussion??? The lakers are loaded, I think you guys are severely underestimating the lakes. I hope the Pels do well but the Lakers did look good during the preseason.
    That is all I was trying to say. People are buying into the Lakers. I wish we could have Rondo back. Stephenson was Indiana in the playoffs.

Banned
    dude stop it..lebron was in the east...its 8 teams in the west better than the lakers.....

you are starting to sound like a former poster that kept getting banned on here who was making bad comments about the pelicans and players....time will tell...
    So you are saying the only reason why Lebron is good is because he was in the East? Listen to yourself.

Banned
    Barkley had an interesting pick just now. Denver in top 4

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I think you're severely overrating the Lakers. None of those players is even a borderline star. Kuzma might be one day, but he'd have to take a pretty big leap in one off-season. Ball also has potential, but the jury is out on whether he's fixed his myriad problems. We of all teams should know the misleading stats of Rajon Rondo. Lance Stephenson is a mediocre player, Javale McGee doesn't even have a basketball IQ to speak of, and Ingram seems to be taking that step but I don't think he's ever going to be that transcendent talent.

Like I said, I have them 6th seed, which is a massive increase from last season. I just think that the belief that they're going to rush up into a top three seed is a little more than presumptuous.

Also "is that even a discussion?"

No, I don't think so, which is why I said the Lakers team was better twice. I just said that the gap isn't as monumental as some people seem to think.

Banned
    McGee is one of the most improving players in the league

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/20/1...shaqtin-a-fool

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/03/1...tarting-lineup

Yes I would trade for him in a heartbeat. They(Lakers) can have Solomon Hill.
    Last edited by Toad504; 10-16-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Thread Information