Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Davis interview with Rachel Nichols

Davis may move on and we will get a fair return of players and picks. Just can't see it happening for at least this year, next and following as well. This coming summer AD will be given a 20 million dollar per year raise effective the year after signing. I think that pretty much keeps him here till the summer of 21 when he will still have 3 years on his extension but is eligible to trade making 46 mil per. Unless my understanding of how this works is incorrect, no way he leaves till then if ever.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Davis may move on and we will get a fair return of players and picks. Just can't see it happening for at least this year, next and following as well. This coming summer AD will be given a 20 million dollar per year raise effective the year after signing. I think that pretty much keeps him here till the summer of 21 when he will still have 3 years on his extension but is eligible to trade making 46 mil per. Unless my understanding of how this works is incorrect, no way he leaves till then if ever.
    The Lakers don't care how much it will cost .

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    The lakers can't give him 46 mil only 30 something YEAR AFTER NEXT

It doesn't matter if they don't care how much it costs. They literally are unable to offer him the type of money we can.

I’d take Lonzo in a heartbeat. His dad is a complete jackA, but he isn’t going to make this team play bad IMO. He has to figure out sooner or later that all he is doing is hurting his son. You haven’t heard much from him, if anything this preseason. I’ll take a 6’6” pure point guard that reminds me of Jason Kidd all day. Ball, Ingram, & Kuzma would be a nice haul IMO. We finally get a good small forward with talent. Ball & Ingram have a shot at becoming stars in this league. We could possibly have a big 4 with Jrue, Randle, Ingram, & Ball. I really hope we can pull off that deal.

C: Randle 16.1 ppg, 8 rpg, 2.6 apg
    PF: Kuzma 16.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg
    SF: Ingram 16.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.9 apg
    SG: Jrue 19.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 6.0 apg
    PG: Ball 10.1 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.2 apg

That could be a dangerous team in a couple seasons when these young guys start to hit their prime. That possible starting five can sure score the basketball. Randle already has experience playing with those guys as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Davis will sign the super max deal at 12:01 bank it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not signing with us for the supermax directly. He's gonna make at least 700 mil through his career otherwise and that's without endorsements
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-13-2018 at 01:40 PM.

One is Elfrid Payton as a rookie, one is Lonzo. They the same guy. One is just still on that rookie hype train while the other is currently what Lonzo will be in a few years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It doesn't matter if they don't care how much it costs. They literally are unable to offer him the type of money we can.
    If he does not sign Supermax he is gone.

One is Elfrid Payton as a rookie, one is Lonzo. They the same guy. One is just still on that rookie hype train while the other is currently what Lonzo will be in a few years.
    What's your point? The knock on Lonzo is his shooting and he's improved his form and started off shooting the three well this pre season

If we don't prove finals contenders he's gone

How'd those 1st round picks Dell gave up end up turning out? This whole narrative that if Dell had built around the draft it would have been better is false. Dell has proven it time and time again. Unless you are drafting extremely high, like top 3 (and even then it's a crap shoot often) then building through the draft has very low odds of success.

Dell if anything has shown unless it's a sure thing, trading draft picks for proven players almost always works out better. Heck, look who we got this off season. Payton and Randle, both high lottery picks that other teams gave up on.

The thing that has messed up the Pelicans isn't the draft at all. It's injuries and GSW.
    This is so asinine for the I don't know how many time. We went veteran heavy which effected where we were drafting. If we would have taken our time and built via the draft we would have been bad enough to pick at the top of the draft. It's sad that people that are smart enough to know better make post like yours. Philly are were they are now because they took the approach we should have taken.

I can give you a list of names from 2013 til now that weren't top picks that would make our roster far more attractive had we just drafted them instead. This isn't including the top picks that are studs.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is so asinine for the I don't know how many time. We went veteran heavy which effected where we were drafting. If we would have taken our time and built via the draft we would have been bad enough to pick at the top of the draft. It's sad that people that are smart enough to know better make post like yours. Philly are were they are now because they took the approach we should have taken.

I can give you a list of names from 2013 til now that weren't top picks that would make our roster far more attractive had we just drafted them instead. This isn't including the top picks that are studs.
    We also got smashed hard with injury. Gordon, Reke, Holiday, Quincey, AD. All missed significant time.

We haven't had a dedicated Bball human movement team until recently. We used the Saints team for ages. The strength and conditioning NFL team was then used for the NBA team. Think about that.

I have no doubt that caused half the injuries we had.

The blame goes higher than Dell. It goes to Loomis and half asleep Benson

If the current management team was in place 6 years ago we would have been flying
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-13-2018 at 01:57 PM.

That's true but we pick were we send him, highest bidder, even if that's Sac or any other lottery team. AD is smart, he will sign wait till '21 then decide.

By the way, that would most likely be Boston, good players, plenty of picks.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 10-13-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We also got smashed hard with injury. Gordon, Reke, Holiday, Quincey, AD. All missed significant time.

We haven't had a dedicated Bball human movement team until recently. We used the Saints team for ages. The strength and conditioning NFL team was then used for the NBA team. Think about that.

I have no doubt that caused half the injuries we had.

The blame goes higher than Dell. It goes to Loomis and half asleep Benson

If the current management team was in place 6 years ago we would have been flying
    This is a fair point. Injuries certainly had a impact on the team but still nobody is the quality of player we need to compete other than the Jrue Holiday that showed up last year(we can accredit that to injury). The problem is as a GM you put yourself into a box when you trade away assets for ready now players. Those same injuries hurt the team significantly less(maybe even benefits the team a la GS) if we draft players. When you trade for players on their 2nd contracts' that puts the pressure on for everything to go right and unfortunately injuries aren't excluded from the list of things that can go wrong.

What's your point? The knock on Lonzo is his shooting and he's improved his form and started off shooting the three well this pre season
    Yeah the same people said the same thing about Payton too.

Philly won how many #1 overall picks? And exactly how is Philly better than we are? They are about to have to drop a ton of cash on those rookies and be maxed out. The only thing Philly has over us is being in the East and we can't control that. If we were an Eastern Conference team we'd have made the Eastern Conference finals last year and this year too. There'd be no question about AD leaving.

A retrospective list of players that weren't viewed as top picks when they came out and have instead over achieved is meaningless. We were never going to draft them. Teams miss on players all the time. The argument you are making is if we had been Philly we would be better off but how many lottery picks have teams missed on over the years? That's exactly why building through the draft is nowhere near the best and/or only way to build a winning team. Dell has already shown that draft picks have a far smaller return far more often.

Philly won how many #1 overall picks? And exactly how is Philly better than we are? They are about to have to drop a ton of cash on those rookies and be maxed out. The only thing Philly has over us is being in the East and we can't control that. If we were an Eastern Conference team we'd have made the Eastern Conference finals last year and this year too. There'd be no question about AD leaving.

A retrospective list of players that weren't viewed as top picks when they came out and have instead over achieved is meaningless. We were never going to draft them. Teams miss on players all the time. The argument you are making is if we had been Philly we would be better off but how many lottery picks have teams missed on over the years? That's exactly why building through the draft is nowhere near the best and/or only way to build a winning team. Dell has already shown that draft picks have a far smaller return far more often.
    If you don't think Philly as a franchise is better than we are than there's no need to continue this conversation. You are either lying to make an argument or in delusional fan mode either way I'm done with this topic.

I'm not talking about people, I'm using my own eyes. His form looks good (well acceptable and much better than last year)

I hope Payton shoots well but he has a little hitch

Anyway my post had nothing to do with EP

If you don't think Philly as a franchise is better than we are than there's no need to continue this conversation. You are either lying to make an argument or in delusional fan mode either way I'm done with this topic.
    Well we won last 2 meeting straight up, we have a top 5 player, 2 top 5 defensive players. We win.

ps ALSO MARDI GRAS

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Well we won last 2 meeting straight up, we have a top 5 player, 2 top 5 defensive players. We win.

ps ALSO MARDI GRAS
    The fact that we have 2 top 5 defensive guys and can give up 140 is terrifying beyond words

The fact that we have 2 top 5 defensive guys and can give up 140 is terrifying beyond words
    TRUE DAT!!!!!

Cheick with one of the best motors and physical attributes in the whole league can't do anything besides pick the ball out of the net

I honestly think he has big mental issues way beyond the scope of the game of basketball

Also this coaching rotation is starting to ******** me

Toronto and Spurs just won games with their absolute 3rd stringers playing
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-13-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Philly isn't. They have no one near AD's level, heck they don't have anyone that is on Jrue's level. Look at their "build through the draft model" we currently scooped up their 3rd overall pick a few years ago. They are about to be cash strapped.

How are they better today than we are? No way.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I’d take Lonzo in a heartbeat. His dad is a complete jackA, but he isn’t going to make this team play bad IMO. He has to figure out sooner or later that all he is doing is hurting his son. You haven’t heard much from him, if anything this preseason. I’ll take a 6’6” pure point guard that reminds me of Jason Kidd all day. Ball, Ingram, & Kuzma would be a nice haul IMO. We finally get a good small forward with talent. Ball & Ingram have a shot at becoming stars in this league. We could possibly have a big 4 with Jrue, Randle, Ingram, & Ball. I really hope we can pull off that deal.

C: Randle 16.1 ppg, 8 rpg, 2.6 apg
    PF: Kuzma 16.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg
    SF: Ingram 16.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 3.9 apg
    SG: Jrue 19.0 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 6.0 apg
    PG: Ball 10.1 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.2 apg

That could be a dangerous team in a couple seasons when these young guys start to hit their prime. That possible starting five can sure score the basketball. Randle already has experience playing with those guys as well.

thats the way i see it also...that whole 5 can run just like gentry want to do...i want a pure PG next to jrue so jrue can be selfish on offense and just score....as for lavar ball,, if he starts saying that lonzo will lead the pelicans to a title then so be it lol...it would be somebody making noise about us because with AD gone the media will not be talking about us at all....lonzo game will be good......ill even take luke as the coach to coach the team....

Banned
    I don't think Ball would work here. Is it possible and maybe I'm dreaming we can get Leonard down here? His contract is expiring in Toronto?

This year is a go for broke year with AD. We need to do anything it takes to win, otherwise trading AD next year to the Lakers is a given. It may already be a given, but we have to at least fight for him this year.

Thread Information