Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Davis interview with Rachel Nichols

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. If AD wanted Cousins on this team, Cousins would be on this team right now. Do you honestly think Dell played hardball with Cousins if AD was in the background telling him he better bring Cousins back? That's not how this went. AD was perfectly fine with Cousins leaving and so Dell handled it accordingly.

AD wasn't making phone calls to Cousins this offseason. He was busy recruiting Randle. That should tell you right there what happened.

Good points. I just had that image of Davis not caring in that final playoff game vs GS. It was like he found out Cousins did not want to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    Good points. I just had that image of Davis not caring in that final playoff game vs GS. It was like he found out Cousins did not want to come back.
    Cousins wanted to come back. He just wanted more money.

Banned
    Cousins wanted to come back. He just wanted more money.

Well if he ends up asking for a trade whatever team he would be traded to will have to basically decimate their team

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I certainly took notice when Davis bought a house in L.A. But lot's of guys like to spend time there in the off season. Then he signs with LeBron's agency. Put them together with his stated desire to play for championships and the fact that he's entering his prime and I certainly think he could be thinking of moving on. I'm sure his agents, reps and other stars are telling him "hey, you've done your time in the minor leagues. It's time to come up to the bigs--big markets, big stars." A lot was made that Davis was like Duncan--content to build a winner in a small market, not interested in the glitz and glamour. Well, things change. And it may be as simple as, once they've seen the big city, it's hard to keep them down on the farm.

Davis doesn't "owe" it to New Orleans to stay here. But he does owe it to the organization to play with max effort. If I see him check out this year like he did for a stretch last year when Boogie got hurt, I'm going to be disappointed. On a larger issue, it's going to be very hard for any small market team to keep its super stars until they either put in a franchise tag or a hard cap on salaries and maybe both. This "super team" stuff is the controlling concept now unless the league steps in and squashes it.

Basketball Guru
    the main thing that pelicans fans dont do is put yourself in the other person or team shoes.....like i said in that other thread,,rich paul is not going to have the new face of his team stuck in a small market.....another bad thing is having AD and lebron in the same conference at this stage of lebron career because its AD time to win......the smart business move for paul team is to have AD and lebron on the same team winning a title or AD in the east going up against lebron for a title......

It would be a dumb business move for paul to have AD and lebron knocking each other out of the playoffs over those 2 winning together or meeting in the title game facing each other....

Lebron is in LA for 4 years so we all know that its a must that he bring at least one title to LA for his legacy....so he already has made some backroom moves with other players to join him in LA imo... everyone is on one year deals except for those 3 young trade pieces for someone like AD....they will have the money for 3 max players so one from free agency and the other one in trade...to me the deals are already done and i would be glad to take ball,,ingram and kuzma because i think they are better than boston players....

I want Ball nowhere around this team.

You want Lonzo here? No.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the main thing that pelicans fans dont do is put yourself in the other person or team shoes.....like i said in that other thread,,rich paul is not going to have the new face of his team stuck in a small market.....another bad thing is having AD and lebron in the same conference at this stage of lebron career because its AD time to win......the smart business move for paul team is to have AD and lebron on the same team winning a title or AD in the east going up against lebron for a title......

It would be a dumb business move for paul to have AD and lebron knocking each other out of the playoffs over those 2 winning together or meeting in the title game facing each other....

Lebron is in LA for 4 years so we all know that its a must that he bring at least one title to LA for his legacy....so he already has made some backroom moves with other players to join him in LA imo... everyone is on one year deals except for those 3 young trade pieces for someone like AD....they will have the money for 3 max players so one from free agency and the other one in trade...to me the deals are already done and i would be glad to take ball,,ingram and kuzma because i think they are better than boston players....
    I reject your premise. You make it sound like Rich Paul is the most powerful person in the NBA. The hell is he to dictact what happens? He's just a damn agent. I'm not even buying that it's inevitable that Davis is gone.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    You want Lonzo here? No.

he is a pure point guard and you keep jrue at SG.......i just want someone who can run the offense next to jrue....... if we were to trade AD to the lakers , who do yall think we are getting back out of that deal lol?......they already put out what teams he would likely want to join and the lakers are one of them unless some GM would say f it and offer a better package in hoping he sign with them....

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    There's nothing in that video to suggest he wants to or will leave.

It's up to this team and this organization.
    If they don't put a winning team around him then how can anyone be mad if he leaves?
    Some people just need anxiety and drama. No matter how great things are going, there has to be something to complain and worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    he is a pure point guard and you keep jrue at SG.......i just want someone who can run the offense next to jrue....... if we were to trade AD to the lakers , who do yall think we are getting back out of that deal lol?......they already put out what teams he would likely want to join and the lakers are one of them unless some GM would say f it and offer a better package in hoping he sign with them....
    Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma. I get that Ball isn't terrible but the last place in want him is in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Some people just need anxiety and drama. No matter how great things are going, there has to be something to complain and worry about.
    Sometimes I'd agree but not here. He never says "I'm here to stay." This reminds me of CP3 all over again.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I reject your premise. You make it sound like Rich Paul is the most powerful person in the NBA. The hell is he to dictact what happens? He's just a damn agent. I'm not even buying that it's inevitable that Davis is gone.
    lol its today's NBA.....lebron in LA for 4 years and you know how he is about winning....AD wants to win MVP and it seem like he is going all out to win it then a title is after.....we know lebron will build his super team or close to one....so where do that leave AD?...whats his options to getting a team to compete in the west for 4 years?......

it dont make sense to us but it make dollars for them...its today's NBA...some of us have to live with it....

Basketball Guru
    Ingram, Hart, and Kuzma. I get that Ball isn't terrible but the last place in want him is in New Orleans.

i forgot about hart....

The last place the Ball family wants to be is a small market. Until Lonzo grows a pair and puts his dad in place, I want nothing to do with him. Actually, even after he grows a pair I think he is basically Elfrid Payton... With an even worse shot.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    There's nothing in that video to suggest he wants to or will leave.

It's up to this team and this organization.
    If they don't put a winning team around him then how can anyone be mad if he leaves?
    Bind Freddy could read between the lines in the video what he was saying

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    See Chris Paul

See Demarcus Cousins

See David West ( Eventually finding a ring)

They loved being here, love the city.....But....

Banned
    The last place the Ball family wants to be is a small market. Until Lonzo grows a pair and puts his dad in place, I want nothing to do with him. Actually, even after he grows a pair I think he is basically Elfrid Payton... With an even worse shot.
    Lonzo's dad. He had been awfully quiet. On that note remember when we had C J Paul?

Davis will sign the super max deal at 12:01 bank it !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This shouldn't be too surprising. Great players legacy depends on winning and so does their long term earning potential. We haven't been winning enough consistent enough. This to me is on Demps. He's had enough years with Davis to have a winner here. But he got impatient 6 years ago and as a result we feel a lot more like a treadmill team than contenders.

We were in position to draft around Davis acquiring young cheap talent and finding out who fit and who didn't with minimal investment. Demps decided to push the envelope and each bad move cost us far more than what would have happened if we drafted a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This shouldn't be too surprising. Great players legacy depends on winning and so does their long term earning potential. We haven't been winning enough consistent enough. This to me is on Demps. He's had enough years with Davis to have a winner here. But he got impatient 6 years ago and as a result we feel a lot more like a treadmill team than contenders.

We were in position to draft around Davis acquiring young cheap talent and finding out who fit and who didn't with minimal investment. Demps decided to push the envelope and each bad move cost us far more than what would have happened if we drafted a bust.
    How'd those 1st round picks Dell gave up end up turning out? This whole narrative that if Dell had built around the draft it would have been better is false. Dell has proven it time and time again. Unless you are drafting extremely high, like top 3 (and even then it's a crap shoot often) then building through the draft has very low odds of success.

Dell if anything has shown unless it's a sure thing, trading draft picks for proven players almost always works out better. Heck, look who we got this off season. Payton and Randle, both high lottery picks that other teams gave up on.

The thing that has messed up the Pelicans isn't the draft at all. It's injuries and GSW.

How'd those 1st round picks Dell gave up end up turning out? This whole narrative that if Dell had built around the draft it would have been better is false. Dell has proven it time and time again. Unless you are drafting extremely high, like top 3 (and even then it's a crap shoot often) then building through the draft has very low odds of success.

Dell if anything has shown unless it's a sure thing, trading draft picks for proven players almost always works out better. Heck, look who we got this off season. Payton and Randle, both high lottery picks that other teams gave up on.

The thing that has messed up the Pelicans isn't the draft at all. It's injuries and GSW.

THIS

Davis and the Pelicans have unfortunately run into a buzzsaw known as the Golden State Warriors. It’s similar to how Malone, Ewing, Barkley, etc ran into a buzzsaw known as Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 10-13-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Yep. Just see the Boston Celtics. They have had first round picks like the Cleveland Browns and are just as successful as we are when it comes to rings. Boston Celtics won their last championship through free agency. I think Davis and everyone else knows we are one more player away from competing for a title. Not a second round playoff spot. A title. Davis wants that one player sooner than later. We all do and Dell will make it happen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    He’s 100% going to LA. Why not? It all adds up. He bought a house there. He hired Lebron’s agent. Suddenly all these leaks come out. Rondo goes to LA on a 2 year deal.

What would you do? Take supermax and never go beyond the WCF your whole career? AD is the best player in the league so he wants to win a championship. Why not go to LA to win championship with Lebron and Rondo?

His house is there. He’s just doing business. He’s not trying to be too obvious. It’s obvious.

Thread Information