Pelicans Report

Thread: RAPTORS BACKUPS

RAPTORS BACKUPS

Scored 67 first half points against our starters WOW

I guess they don’t call them the bench mob for no reason.
    RIP FlyGirl

Can the MC please learn that being over the limit doesn't matter when it's a shooting foul. Please. For the love of my sanity

Auspel are you watching?

Pels better fix these issues on defense before next Wednesday or it’s going to be a long night.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Auspel are you watching?
    Yep

It wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't their backups. But it is, and another over 100 points for 3 quarters. VERY SAD for a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    How??
    Reddit streams

0-5 nice

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    0-5 nice
    We due.

I think AD and Jrue coasted in this game. Preseason basketball is almost as bad as preseason football.

Well at least we were consistent. Their backups got 67 each half. I know it doesn't count, but bad habits are hard to break.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    These games do not matter to me. We avoided major injury. So I'm happy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We had 17 turnovers and allowed them 53 percent fg. We should correct turnovers but defense was poor. I hope Elfrid can be a starting pg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m really excited about Frank da tank.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    I usually don't take preseason too seriously. But losing to the Raptors bench players while we played our starters? Woof.

Now I know how KAT and Wiggins felt yesterday.

Anyone else use the score tracker on NBA.com for games? And now it's gone missing? As has box score and highlights?

Our starters losing to the Raptor backups should be the reason you don't take preseason games seriously. Like. For real.

A few points (2 of which certainly aren't new)
    1) Hill shouldn't be on the floor... ever
    2) Ian shouldn't be handling the ball with the 2nd unit
    3) Randle needs to play more within the offense- not loving how often he is initiating plays.. that end to the quarter he had was a disgrace... yes it is preseason but we are a team that ends quarter horribly... we need to run something set- and Randle going off the driblle from 30ft ain't it

Maybe it doesn’t matter, but I’ve seen too many teams carry over pre-season issues into the regular season to buy that all the way. You need at least one or two serious dress rehearsals before opening night, especially with two new starters. This squad can’t afford to get off to a slow start again this year.

Banned
    Trust the process?

If I could change one thing about how Pels fans looked at the team this season, it would be to stop looking at point totals. 67 points in a half won't be unusual when you are playing at the fastest pace in history. Yes defense could be much better, but points per game/quarter is an awful awful way of looking at it.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Obviously the defense needs work. How much of it is due to the team not really giving it 100% for preseason, and how much is due to legitimate problematic elements in both team construction and coaching won't really be obvious until we're playing real games that matter, and we know the players are putting in real effort. With any luck, it is just a case of lazy preseason play. If it's not, hopefully it's something the staff have taken note of, and will take measures to fix once the games matter.

It's not the end of the world. We've seen enough wrong to make concern justifiable, but don't throw the toys out of the pram just yet.
    Basketball.

There are 82 regular season games to stress about, and they count for something. Let's see where we are at in the next couple of months and how the team is coming together, always an expectation for new players and the team to just be awesome straight away and it's rarely ever the case.

Thread Information