Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Honest to God truth, how are we feeling about the upcoming season?

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    If he finds a way to the Rockets in a trade...... CP3 might be getting a ring. We should at lest try for Butler.
    Amen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

If he finds a way to the Rockets in a trade...... CP3 might be getting a ring. We should at lest try for Butler.
    So trade away 2 starters (or semi-starters) and a 1st for a 1 year rental just in a defensive move so the Rockets do not get him?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So trade away 2 starters (or semi-starters) and a 1st for a 1 year rental just in a defensive move so the Rockets do not get him?
    Why not? If Davis is leaving? Throw in all your chips now.

Why not? If Davis is leaving? Throw in all your chips now.
    Amen

AD/Butler/Jrue

That is one hell of an impressive Big 3, and the best part, they are all two way players. Niko and Moore are fine shooters, but they aren’t two way players, and being shooters they can turn hot or cold. Two way players can be off on their shot, but they can cause their opponent to be off on their shots. Plus all three can attack the bucket and get to the line. Niko and Moore don’t/can’t/won’t. Sure you lose your shooting, but you gain so much more. And a 1st? Your losing a late first rounder.

It worked for OKC, shooters shoot their shot.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-12-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Amen

AD/Butler/Jrue

That is one hell of an impressive Big 3, and the best part, they are all two way players. Niko and Moore are fine shooters, but they aren’t two way players, and being shooters they can turn hot or cold. Two way players can be off on their shot, but they can cause their opponent to be off on their shots. Plus all three can attack the bucket and get to the line. Niko and Moore don’t/can’t/won’t. Sure you lose your shooting, but you gain so much more. And a 1st? Your losing a late first rounder.

Amen!

If we find a legit 3 we will be scary. Until then we are in a good place in a stacked Western conference.

Amen

AD/Butler/Jrue

For one year of Butler? Do you max out a 30 year old Butler and go into the tax? Is an ISO player like Butler even a good fit with Jrue and AD?

We need to throw 2 1sts at a legit small forward to try and shake one loose. AD already has one foot out the door. If he goes it's 10 years of rebuilding so there's no reason not to go all in right now. All or nothing

For a one year rental OKC landed PG13. It cost them Victor Oladipo, Sabonis, and a pick, but they got a chance to see what they could do with PG13, and he resigned with them even though they got beat by a rookie.

If all it costs to land Butler are two players who aren’t top 15 players, and a late round pick, then yeah you do it. The juice is worth the squeeze.

Banned
    For a one year rental OKC landed PG13. It cost them Victor Oladipo, Sabonis, and a pick, but they got a chance to see what they could do with PG13, and he resigned with them even though they got beat by a rookie.

If all it costs to land Butler are two players who aren’t top 15 players, and a late round pick, then yeah you do it. The juice is worth the squeeze.

Bingo! Amen!

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling that we just have to chuck everything and the kitchen sink at Butler.
    Basketball.

The problem is Minnesota seem to be playing hard ball. Miami has better tradable assets than us and the Wovles ruined that trade trying to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The problem is Minnesota seem to be playing hard ball. Miami has better tradable assets than us and the Wovles ruined that trade trying to get more.
    That's true. What do you think the best offer we could make is? And not just a reasonable offer, I mean if you were trying to construct the Godfather ''offer you can't refuse'' type of thing.

I don't think Butler is anywhere on the level of George. I wouldn't offer the max to Butler but can see it for George. Some could even argue that OKC would have been better served with what they gave up than George. I don't think Moore and Niko have the potential of Oladipo and Sabonis though.

Banned
    Even if we do get creamed by the Rockets I think we have a chance vs Kings.

Basketball Guru
    give me harrison barnes over butler....jrue,,barnes,,and AD would be a top 3 core....all 3 are young and could be tied together for about 5 years if AD would want to stay if we pulled that trade off...

Give me the guarantee, Butler is a top 15 player, and that isn’t going to change if we trade for him tomorrow.

AD/Jrue/Butler > any combination of AD/Barnes/Jrue/Nico/Moore. You have 3 2 way player, that’s something that none of those other combos give you. If it’s a 1 year rental, oh well. We got cap space.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's true. What do you think the best offer we could make is? And not just a reasonable offer, I mean if you were trying to construct the Godfather ''offer you can't refuse'' type of thing.
    2019 first and second round pick Moore, Niko, Jackson

If Miami doesn’t find that at all intriguing then they are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just don't think we have the asset to pull off such a trade. A lot of solid role players, but no budding star. Don't think a draft pick will hold much value since us acquiring Butler puts us in the hunt for a top 4 seed.

I just don't think we have the asset to pull off such a trade. A lot of solid role players, but no budding star. Don't think a draft pick will hold much value since us acquiring Butler puts us in the hunt for a top 4 seed.
    Throw out 50 1sts. Who cares. If AD is gone then blow it up. Atlanta just blew it up and they are still a really fun team. It's not certain death.

While he's still here use EVERY SINGLE ASSET to try and get to the summit

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Throw out 50 1sts. Who cares. If AD is gone then blow it up. Atlanta just blew it up and they are still a really fun team. It's not certain death.

At this point anybody but Davis, or Holiday and honestly I may be talked into trading Holiday. The problem is I think other teams will come with better offers. But if there's anyway to get Butler and keep Davis and Holiday we have to make it happen.

At this point anybody but Davis, or Holiday and honestly I may be talked into trading Holiday. The problem is I think other teams will come with better offers. But if there's anyway to get Butler and keep Davis and Holiday we have to make it happen.
    I want to throw everything possible at Middleton even more than Butler

Yes Billy King traded 4 1st round picks but he didn't have a 25 yo top 20 HOF

Dell, for the love of God mortgage our future to keep AD

All we need to shake loose is an elite SF. 4 1sts for Middleton with AD, Jrue, Miro and Randle would be unstoppable

You need to do this Dell

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Agree it worked for OKC. Although they lost Durant they got PG-13 and he stayed along with Westbrook. A small market team too!

The Franchise
    Give me the guarantee, Butler is a top 15 player, and that isn’t going to change if we trade for him tomorrow.

AD/Jrue/Butler > any combination of AD/Barnes/Jrue/Nico/Moore. You have 3 2 way player, that’s something that none of those other combos give you. If it’s a 1 year rental, oh well. We got cap space.
    I agree, that butler would be awesome for this team. I think for me it’s a win at all cost mentality. AD and Jrue don’t give that vibe, not saying they don’t have it but just you can see the activity of butler. He’s a good defender and even though he isn’t the greatest shooter, his defender isn’t going to lay too far off of him to keep the spacing.

As for giving up players/picks, I’d easily give up a first and even another protected first say top 15 protected or Maybe give swap rights on the second first if it falls outside of 10. They’d have to take solo and Ajinca so prob another team would have to get involved like Atlanta and Bazemore. Best case scenario is butler sees us as up and coming and resigns. Middle case is we are able to sign and trade him. Worst case, which to me isn’t too bad, is he leaves for nothing but we clear the cap space. Another good if we do deal now is we could trade him at the deadline if it isn’t working out.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yaf4ymlz

Pretty much Atlanta gets our 2019 first, Solo, and Ajinca, Minnesota gets Bazemore (which keeps them in win now mode) Diallo and our protected first in 2021, and we get Butler and Bates-Diop ( because I like him).

Elfrid, Jackson, Clark
    Jrue, Moore
    Butler, Miller, Diop
    Davis, Randle
    Mirotic, Okafor.

Hopefully Butler bring the defensive killer mentality to the team.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 10-14-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Thread Information