Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Honest to God truth, how are we feeling about the upcoming season?

I am of the mindset that, going by current course, AD isn't going anywhere. Trade some assets for a great player that stays and it is even safer.....but trade for a rental that leaves and your panic that he may leave could end up being self prophecying and the catalyst for him leaving.

As long as Dell stays his course and remains patient, we're fine.

Don't panic.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I am of the mindset that, going by current course, AD isn't going anywhere. Trade some assets for a great player that stays and it is even safer.....but trade for a rental that leaves and your panic that he may leave could end up being self prophecying and the catalyst for him leaving.

Don't panic.
    I don’t think trading a first to dump solo for butler is being in a panic. It’s a move i could see them doing at the trade deadline for maybe a lesser type player. The only difference I think would be that you could possibly get the player for only a first and not any addition costs. The beauty of doing the deal now is either he helps us win this year, like say to conference finals or we trade him at the deadline and recoup one of our firsts. Either way we would have dropped solo and probably ajincas contracts for a conditional 2021 pick, hopefully a winning season, and can still Help in free agency.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Don't panic.

Patience ? How did that go with Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I don’t think trading a first to dump solo for butler is being in a panic. It’s a move i could see them doing at the trade deadline for maybe a lesser type player. The only difference I think would be that you could possibly get the player for only a first and not any addition costs. The beauty of doing the deal now is either he helps us win this year, like say to conference finals or we trade him at the deadline and recoup one of our firsts. Either way we would have dropped solo and probably ajincas contracts for a conditional 2021 pick, hopefully a winning season, and can still Help in free agency.
    Not getting Butler for Solo and a 1st. If that were the case, you do it and don't look back. Minnesota is demanding that Dieng be attached to Butler in a trade. If Butler bolts after a year, you have your cap being eaten up by Dieng for another two years at $16-$17 million a year. If Butler stays, you have a 30 year old Butler on a max deal. If we did a deal, we would have to find a way to get another team to take Dieng. Not sure we have enough assets to do both. Trading 4 1sts is not realistic as not many teams want picks 5-7 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toad504 View Post
    Patience ? How did that go with Cousins?
    Would have been perfectly fine had it not been for a blown achilles. Can anyone guarantee Butler will not get hurt?

53-29 is what I anticipate

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    53-29 is what I anticipate
    You have very high expectations.

Thread Information