Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Honest to God truth, how are we feeling about the upcoming season?

Are people reading all that crap with Butler? Dude is going crazy apparently lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Are people reading all that crap with Butler? Dude is going crazy apparently lol

As long as it takes the media's eyes off AD, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    As long as it takes the media's eyes off AD, I love it.
    Yea, right? Lol

Banned
    How much would it cost us to get Butler ?

Prolly Niko and 2 first rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Prolly Niko and 2 first rounders.
    I'm sure Niko and a single 1st would get it done plus whatever filler. I don't think Miami is beating that offer. However I'm sure the Pels are wanting to tie that 1st to Hill to ship him out.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

And people want that player on this team....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And people want that player on this team....lol.
    Challenging players to get better is bad why

Imagine him calling out Hill's rubbish on the daily

Would be a Godsend

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Challenging players to get better is bad why

Imagine him calling out Hill's rubbish on the daily

Would be a Godsend
    Butler showed up to practice late and just subbed himself into the scrimmage on the third team to go against the starting group, league sources said. Throughout the practice, Butler verbally bashed Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, president of basketball operations/coach Tom Thibodeau and general manager Scott Layden, league sources said. Screaming from the top of his lungs, Butler uttered taunts at his teammates such as “They ain’t [expletive]!” and “They soft!”, league sources said. Most of the players knew the invectives were directed at Towns and Wiggins, league sources said

Neither Towns nor Wiggins confronted Butler at any point, league sources said. Some players were motivated by Butler’s theatrics, but others were distraught and speechless, and most notably Towns, league sources said. When practice concluded, Butler stormed out of the facility without stretching with the rest of his teammates, league sources said. However, before he departed, Wiggins gave him a hand dap, league sources said.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    3 or 4 seed

Butler showed up to practice late and just subbed himself into the scrimmage on the third team to go against the starting group, league sources said. Throughout the practice, Butler verbally bashed Karl-Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, president of basketball operations/coach Tom Thibodeau and general manager Scott Layden, league sources said. Screaming from the top of his lungs, Butler uttered taunts at his teammates such as “They ain’t [expletive]!” and “They soft!”, league sources said. Most of the players knew the invectives were directed at Towns and Wiggins, league sources said

Neither Towns nor Wiggins confronted Butler at any point, league sources said. Some players were motivated by Butler’s theatrics, but others were distraught and speechless, and most notably Towns, league sources said. When practice concluded, Butler stormed out of the facility without stretching with the rest of his teammates, league sources said. However, before he departed, Wiggins gave him a hand dap, league sources said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm sure Niko and a single 1st would get it done plus whatever filler. I don't think Miami is beating that offer. However I'm sure the Pels are wanting to tie that 1st to Hill to ship him out.
    My offer would be Niko, Moore, and a 1st for Butler.

Lineup

PG: Payton/Jackson/Jack
    SG: Holiday/Clark/Bluiett
    SF: Butler/Miller
    PF: Randle/Hill/Diallo
    C: Davis/Okafor/Ajinca

No way I want that cancer on this team. Too much of a "ME" player. I'd take him for Solo and AA. Otherwise NO NO NO

Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ehhh, development year. I'm gonna patient till after Allstars weekend. Last year was a lightning in a bottle late season run with unsustainable comeback victory and close wins. So, I wouldn't be surprised if we come crashing down to earth. Not liking of the idea of running because it work for half a season out of 3 season. I hope we dictate the pace on how we play, and who we ball.

I think Gentry will figure it out or he'll be gone when his 1 year extension is over. We got to get career years out of Payton, Randle, and get some healthy contributions from Jackson, Okafor, Moore, and Hill.

We got a squad... But Gentry has to coach like his life dependent on it and his time management in games have zero room for error.

Im pulling for Gentry and hope we don't go back to our "losing streak to start the season" Gentry.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Go and get Butler whatever the cost. This is a more toxic PG13 in Indy situation, but not by much. If you run him with AD and Jrue and they do well, he could bolt to play with Kyrie, but he might also stick around, and be the piece to get us over the top. Let’s be honest, this is the Warriors last year. That bill is coming due, and people will want to get fed. You bring Butler in, you have one of the best Big 3 units in the NBA, that’s a winner.

If nothing else it’s showing that we are trying.

Banned
    I think some people may have a bad taste in their mouths after Mashburn, Then Baron, then Bonzi, then Jimmer, then Mike James, then Boogie. It is understandable. Give them Niko,Jackson and a future draft pick. It is worth the risk.

I think 7th or 8th seed is best case scenario. Too many other teams in the West have gotten better with internal improvement. Hill is still as trash as always which severely limits our ceiling. Diallo is worse somehow. Frank will take time

Happy with Darius though, one of the only guys who seems to have gotten better this offseason
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-11-2018 at 12:54 AM.

I think 7th or 8th seed is best case scenario. Too many other teams in the West have gotten better with internal improvement. Hill is still as trash as always which severely limits our ceiling. Diallo is worse somehow. Frank will take time

Happy with Darius though, one of the only guys who seems to have gotten better this offseason
    I think maxing out at 7th seed is a bit of a pessimistic look. We did better than that last season, and we've improved since then. Meanwhile, yes some teams have got better (Lakers for example) but several others have got worse: Rockets with Melo, and very probably the Wolves once they get free of Butler. I see anywhere from 3-6 as likely.
    Basketball.

I would take a guy like this all day every day. This is basically what Jordan was known for during his entire career. He wasn't only the best player in the world, he demanded that his teammates play as hard as he did. Every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think maxing out at 7th seed is a bit of a pessimistic look. We did better than that last season, and we've improved since then. Meanwhile, yes some teams have got better (Lakers for example) but several others have got worse: Rockets with Melo, and very probably the Wolves once they get free of Butler. I see anywhere from 3-6 as likely.
    Melo seems to be a lot happier in Houston than OKC so I'm not sure he automatically makes them worse. I'll give you Wolves, but Lakers or Denver could replace them easily.

Just spoke to Kumar who's very close to the team. He thinks we can be 3rd or 4th seed, so maybe I am being too pessimistic

Melo seems to be a lot happier in Houston than OKC so I'm not sure he automatically makes them worse. I'll give you Wolves, but Lakers or Denver could replace them easily.

Just spoke to Kumar who's very close to the team. He thinks we can be 3rd or 4th seed, so maybe I am being too pessimistic
    In fairness, I made my point pretty badly. I don't necessarily think adding Melo dooms the Rockets to regression, although what Melo can add (especially over the course of a full season) is up for debate. It's more a case of what they lost in exchange for him: part of the reason the Rockets were so great last year was their ability to defend at a high level. They lost several of those defensive core guys, and replaced them with Melo, and even if he's still an elite scorer (which I would argue isn't true) he's never been a strong defender.

Lakers will make the playoffs, but I can't see them getting much higher than 8th or 7th seed. Obviously Lebron is Lebron, but the rest of the team would have to take pretty big simultaneous leaps to make much more impact in the West.

Have faith: first round home court is a possibility.

Well it will be interesting for sure.

Banned
    Well T-Wolves cancelled practice today. Media interviews also cancelled. Something is happening. Trade coming? Rockets involved?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Go and get Butler whatever the cost. This is a more toxic PG13 in Indy situation, but not by much. If you run him with AD and Jrue and they do well, he could bolt to play with Kyrie, but he might also stick around, and be the piece to get us over the top. Let’s be honest, this is the Warriors last year. That bill is coming due, and people will want to get fed. You bring Butler in, you have one of the best Big 3 units in the NBA, that’s a winner.

If nothing else it’s showing that we are trying.
    No way would I give up that much (Niko, Moore and a 1st) for a soon to be 30 year old Butler who is acting like a malcontent. He wants a max deal after this season. How do the Pelicans afford that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    No way would I give up that much (Niko, Moore and a 1st) for a soon to be 30 year old Butler who is acting like a malcontent. He wants a max deal after this season. How do the Pelicans afford that?
    If he finds a way to the Rockets in a trade...... CP3 might be getting a ring. We should at lest try for Butler.

Thread Information