Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will the Pels make a big trade?

I would love to get the guy I wanted not this last free agency, but the year before: Harrison Barnes

He’s still way young at just 26. He would be the perfect small forward for us IMO.

C: AD, Okafor
    PF: Randle, Diallo
    SF: Barnes, Williams, Hill
    SG: Jackson, Miller
    PG: Jrue, Payton, Clark

Mavs: Niko, Moore, & a 1st rounder

Pels: Harrison Barnes

Hoping Jackson, Williams, & Okafor are some big time additions, so the loss of Niko & Moore doesn’t hurt too bad. The Mavs are not gonna be a playoff team more than likely, so they decide to start over. Niko can be the new poormans Dirk. Moore is a good starting guard in this league IMO. And they get a pick to help with the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I would love to get the guy I wanted not this last free agency, but the year before: Harrison Barnes

He’s still way young at just 26. He would be the perfect small forward for us IMO.

C: AD, Okafor
    PF: Randle, Diallo
    SF: Barnes, Williams, Hill
    SG: Jackson, Miller
    PG: Jrue, Payton, Clark

Mavs: Niko, Moore, & a 1st rounder

Pels: Harrison Barnes

Hoping Jackson, Williams, & Okafor are some big time additions, so the loss of Niko & Moore doesn’t hurt too bad. The Mavs are not gonna be a playoff team more than likely, so they decide to start over. Niko can be the new poormans Dirk. Moore is a good starting guard in this league IMO. And they get a pick to help with the rebuild.
    Hard to see us making a trade like this which has more shooting going out than coming in. Also, Niko is expiring, Moore's contract is fine, I wouldn't see any reason to also send a 1st for Barnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I like and appreciate your optimism, but if we don't make playoffs some of these AD leaving rumors may gain substance. We must make it there, even if it's an early exit.
    I'm hoping we make it too, but I see the West as the most challenging race ever in the NBA, no shame in missing out when we're so young.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I like your thinking, but I think AD is growing impatient to have sustained success. He sees himself as the best player in the league. Being on a team that doesn't make the playoffs doesn't really fit with that vision.

The first will be moved to grab a star wing (hopefully), not draft one IMO. Whatever it takes to keep AD happy.

Swing for the fences while AD is here. If he wants to move on, well then I feel a rebuild around Jrue starts
    He set himself that expectation. It's his to own and all the shortcomings this year will be the final pieces he needs to learn to achieve greatness.

Thread Information