Pelicans Report

Thread: Preseason Game 2 - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks

Preseason Game 2 - New Orleans Pelicans vs Atlanta Hawks

Lost the last one, but hey, we saw a lot of promising stuff. Obviously there will be no Okafor tonight, due to his injury, but according to TheBirdWrites on twitter, we should expect the minutes to be pretty similar to the way they were yesterday. So expect Jrue and AD to be somewhere between 15-20 minutes, and Randle and Payton to be between 20-25, and Frank Jackson something like 15-20 minutes too.

Hopefully we'll get some replication of Jackson's offensive fire, and get another good chance to look at our promising rookie! Let's go Pels!
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hate whoever is running this stream more than anything in the past 24 hours.

what exactly does jackson have to do here he had his arms up both times god these refs are whistle happy

Solomon Hill is a flaming trashcan.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Solomon Hill is a flaming trashcan.
    Don't be so insulting. Jeez.

A flaming trashcan is the perfect way to get rid of flea ridden dog beds and sheets. So they're occasionally useful.

I can't watch this game because for some reason my internet has decided to commit seppuku, but from the looks of the box score, Payton seems to be doing better. 5 assists in 9 minutes with no turnovers. Is that true, does he look better, or is the box score misleading?

still can't believe we're in 2018 and I cant watch an NBA game online

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Don't be so insulting. Jeez.

A flaming trashcan is the perfect way to get rid of flea ridden dog beds and sheets. So they're occasionally useful.
    When you put it that way, a flaming trashcan is high praise for his level of play.

when i watch solomon hill play basketball, i frequently wonder how he ever made it into this league

really getting tired of these quick 3s though like wait for a better shot damn

I'm not sure I like Ian Clark having the greenlight. He hasn't shot the 3 well enough to justify letting him just shoot whenever he has an opening.

even diallo is shooting 3s good god

Everyone who has played even a single minute so far has taken a three

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Everyone who has played even a single minute so far has taken a three
    we're gona shoot our selves out of it like last game

how was that a foul he didn't go over the back they both got their hands on it thats weird

okay that was over the back what the hell lol

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, we're two pre-season games in.

Okafor is injured with an ankle sprain, Jackson is injured with an ankle sprain, and Randle is injured by a fall and we don't quite know what exactly happened yet?

#PelsLife

all except for Okafor could have played tonight if it were a real game. Okafor may play Friday. lol not the end of the world.

Haven’t watched preseason yet, anybody can give us an honest answer about the play of Troy Williams? Does he really look as good as his stat line says or is it just garbage points against second stringers? He has to be better than Solo.

I just wanted one thing. ONE THING. No injuries.

For crying out loud...

It's official.

Eman did it.

Total jinx.

4 years for Hill. Why didnt Dell give him a 2 year prove yourself type deal. 1 good playoff series was his whole resume

Looking even worse than the Asik deal right now

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    4 years for Hill. Why didnt Dell give him a 2 year prove yourself type deal. 1 good playoff series was his whole resume

Looking even worse than the Asik deal right now
    I still think solo can contribute in a defined role. I agree we overpaid by a long shot.

Thread Information