Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Game 1 - New Orleans Pelicans vs Chicago Bulls

Preseason Game 1 - New Orleans Pelicans vs Chicago Bulls

Okay everyone, been a little while since I could do a game thread, but here we are! Game one of the preseason vs the Bulls. They have no Lauri Markannen (Markkanen? not sure), and we have no Mirotic. Okafor is good to go, from the reports I've seen.

Keep a close eye on: Frank Jackson, Jahlil Okafor, and Elfrid Payton. These are the biggest mysteries, as far as I'm concerned, because we already know what Jrue, AD, Moore, etc, will give us. Let's have a little fun, and hope everyone stays healthy.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I had to dig around online to find a stream since I don't have NBATV it seems. but at least I'm watching it.

Looking at our box score before the game starts on the NBA app is wild. Seeing our starting five listed as

Jrue Holiday - PG
    Elfrid Payton - SG
    E'Twaun Moore - SF
    Julius Randle - PF
    Anthony Davis - C

Looks so weird

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    I had to dig around online to find a stream since I don't have NBATV it seems. but at least I'm watching it.
    Same tbh, took forever to find a decent stream this time. I guess cause it's pre-season.

Lopez looks like a terrorist.

Jrue's shot is looking smooth right now

What qtr? I'm watching the saints beat the Giants

So far the non shooting of Payton and Randle has made it hard for our offense to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    What qtr? I'm watching the saints beat the Giants
    7 mins in the 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So far the non shooting of Payton and Randle has made it hard for our offense to operate.
    I don't think it's entirely that. I mean, it is that to some degree, but there's a definite lack of motion off-ball right now.

That Jrue dish to Randle was filthy, I want more of that. Jesus...

Wow, we are looking rusty.

I mean Chicago is literally guarding 3v5. No one is even covering Hill or Payton. Just leaving them on the 3pt line.

It doesn't help that we're playing weirdly slow, and the defensive intensity that was so vital for the last half of last season appears to still be on vacation.

Frank Jackson sighting.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who cares. No injuries. Nothing else matters.

Frank with the jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who cares. No injuries. Nothing else matters.
    Why post in a thread that is literally about discussion on the game that is currently being played with "Who Cares?"

No one is taking the current game serious, but we can still comment on what we see good and bad.

It's clear we are going to need all these preseason games to work out the kinks with our new players. Randle and Payton have looked, eh, so far.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I was commenting about how slow we were playing but whatever. All good here.

Really liking what I’m seeing from Randle. I really like his grittiness and intangibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I was commenting about how slow we were playing but whatever. All good here.
    Yeah, I understand why the guys are going slow. It's pre-season, so it's not exactly max effort, and even if it was, the beginning of the season always goes a little slow since the only thing that really prepares you for playing NBA basketball, is playing some NBA basketball.

Just doesn't make for a pretty game when your strategy revolves around ''gotta go fast''.

Randle looks ok Elf looks uhm...

Jrue and Randle are going to have breakout seasons. Frank should be starting.

Randle should chill on the 3s though. Doesn't look fluid at the moment, work the mid range.

The good thing is most of the guys who have been in our offense for awhile have looked good.

Thread Information