Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Davis wants out?

Davis wants out?

Anthony Davis "doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer," according to ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.
    After Davis parted ways with longtime agent Thad Foucher to sign with Rich Paul of Klutch Sports, rumors began circulating that AD wanted to land in L.A. Here's the full quote from Stephen A. Smith, speaking on ESPN’s Get Up!: "He definitely wants out. He signed with Klutch Sports. Anthony Davis doesn’t want to be in New Orleans any longer. Whether it’s definitively the Los Angeles Lakers I’m not so sure. I would keep Golden State and Boston in the mix... There is no question that this will in all likelihood be his last season in New Orleans." Sep 28 - 9:39 AM
    Source: The Daily Express

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...nthony-davis/1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ymore.amp.html

Roll initiative.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nat_f62a19_5314012.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	6355  

You know who disagrees with this?

His agent.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Roll initiative.
    Natural 20

Haha. I meant more of what SAS was doing.

Offer him a super max now, if he turns it down trade him.

AD isn't leaving Jrue, Randle and Frank. He thinks he's the best player in the league, has his own team and able to leave his own legacy. He is not leaving. The media is annoying. If he was a Celtic or Laker they would've never asked him that many times if he was leaving or not.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The drama. This could be a huge distraction all season. I think it’s a very real possibility that AD wants out. Why? He wants to beat the warriors. He knows our team can’t beat the warriors. He also knows Dell didn’t keep Boogie or Rondo. Players lie. Agents lie. Media lie. I don’t know what to believe but if there’s any doubt about AD staying in NOLA then we need to trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Offer him a super max now, if he turns it down trade him.
    You can't offer the supermax until next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The drama. This could be a huge distraction all season. I think it’s a very real possibility that AD wants out. Why? He wants to beat the warriors. He knows our team can’t beat the warriors. He also knows Dell didn’t keep Boogie or Rondo. Players lie. Agents lie. Media lie. I don’t know what to believe but if there’s any doubt about AD staying in NOLA then we need to trade him.

AD was one of the main reasons we didn't bring Cousins back. He was asked if he wanted Cousins here and his response was basically, "Meh". He was indifferent to the idea. Had AD expressed to Dell that he wanted Cousins to return, Cousins would be here now.

Instead what was AD doing? Recruiting Randle.

Rondo was way more of a surprise to AD than Cousins but we literally couldn't match the offer so there was nothing we could do. We wanted to bring Rondo back.

As far as beating the Warriors where is he going to go to do that? As long as the Warriors are healthy no team is beating them.

The Pelicans are in as good of a spot as possible for AD. We were the only team in the playoffs last year to sweep an opponent, we took a game from the Warriors, we brought our playoff core back, and added key players.

I don't think even AD knows if he will stay or not yet. A good playoff showing and the supermax is a strong incentive.

He still under contract for this year and 2 more years...l

This, sports fans, is why ESPN is only good for live sports. They have said on two separate occasions drew Brees wasn't going to sign in New Orleans. Spoiler alert: he did, both times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    AD was one of the main reasons we didn't bring Cousins back. He was asked if he wanted Cousins here and his response was basically, "Meh". He was indifferent to the idea. Had AD expressed to Dell that he wanted Cousins to return, Cousins would be here now.

Instead what was AD doing? Recruiting Randle.

Rondo was way more of a surprise to AD than Cousins but we literally couldn't match the offer so there was nothing we could do. We wanted to bring Rondo back.

As far as beating the Warriors where is he going to go to do that? As long as the Warriors are healthy no team is beating them.

The Pelicans are in as good of a spot as possible for AD. We were the only team in the playoffs last year to sweep an opponent, we took a game from the Warriors, we brought our playoff core back, and added key players.

I don't think even AD knows if he will stay or not yet. A good playoff showing and the supermax is a strong incentive.
    Personally, I think as long as everyone plays to their potential, we are the best team to matchup with the Warriors, and AD I'm sure sees that also. Just think about their Hampton 5 lineup:

Steph - Elfrid or Jrue
    Klay - Jrue or Elfrid
    KD - AD
    Iggy - Niko
    Green - Randle

We could easily handle that lineup, Randle can matchup with Green's physicality, and we can deploy AD and tell him "prove to everyone you are the best and shut him down"

Even if GS decides to roll out Boogie into the lineup, we will just run him out of the building, he wont be able to keep up with our pace

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    When AD changed his agent, and you didn't expect all this pressure from the media for him to move out, then I have a bridge to sell you.

The media did this when Chris Paul was still under contract until he threw up his hands and gave in. They're gonna continue to do this until AD does the same thing. When superstars go to media darling organizations like LA, Golden State, or Boston, it creates bigger ratings for them. Y'all saw all the dumb tweets from BleacherReport and Alex Kennedy? It's only the beginning.

I don't think ad will leave jrue if the team gets to the second round or conference finals. I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Personally, I think as long as everyone plays to their potential, we are the best team to matchup with the Warriors, and AD I'm sure sees that also. Just think about their Hampton 5 lineup:

Steph - Elfrid or Jrue
    Klay - Jrue or Elfrid
    KD - AD
    Iggy - Niko
    Green - Randle

We could easily handle that lineup, Randle can matchup with Green's physicality, and we can deploy AD and tell him "prove to everyone you are the best and shut him down"

Even if GS decides to roll out Boogie into the lineup, we will just run him out of the building, he wont be able to keep up with our pace
    lol

Probably because they'll be up 20 points and they don't want to risk injury. Give KD, Thompson, and Cury more possession to score... Still the dumbest ********ing idea in basketball. We been 3-21 since Curry/ Kerr era began. Lost 10 straight with Alvin as coach. Alvin being 2-14 doesn't give me a lot of hope that we can magically match-up with the Warriors. Still need better shooters. Defense just isn't gonna limit them or outscore them. We can perform better on defense, but at the end of the day. Just like the rockets... You got to make buckets. All we got to depend on that going into this year is AD, Holiday, and Mir to score points in bunches. So, I'm not drinking the kool-aid. I'm happy with a modest 2nd round run.

I think people are misunderstanding our overall depth. Our bench will have some firepower as well. We may move Moore to the 6th man role which will be huge for us. He had his best season as a pro and has said many times AD is the reason for his improved play. Jah praises his leadership and on the Gentry coach show they interviewed Randle and he verified AD called him to recruit him. If we maintain the jrue/3ko/Julius/AD lineup we will always have a chance. Everyone on the team praises ADs leadership and command of the team. I think taker forgot Randle in his scoring matrix and Payton may be a home town hero getting double dubs regularly in the arena. Optimism is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think people are misunderstanding our overall depth. Our bench will have some firepower as well. We may move Moore to the 6th man role which will be huge for us. He had his best season as a pro and has said many times AD is the reason for his improved play. Jah praises his leadership and on the Gentry coach show they interviewed Randle and he verified AD called him to recruit him. If we maintain the jrue/3ko/Julius/AD lineup we will always have a chance. Everyone on the team praises ADs leadership and command of the team. I think taker forgot Randle in his scoring matrix and Payton may be a home town hero getting double dubs regularly in the arena. Optimism is an understatement.
    Totally agree. We don't have the best roster in the league, no, but we do have an even distribution of talent that means we can get scoring on any given night from multiple different sources. Like you say, I think Taker forgot Randle, who is an easy 15 points a night (and if the expectation many have of him concerning a career year pays off, maybe even closer to 20), along with good ball handling and distribution. We now have at least four different players who are capable of getting 5+ assists on any given night (Jrue, Payton, Randle, Moore). The passing ability is still there from last season. The defense is still there, and could even be improved. The offense is more honed, and instead of having to pick it up in February and force it, we'll be getting a full year in this style.

Combine that with Jrue locked up long term, Randle expressing his desire to make this a long term thing, AD's agent denying a desire to leave, and Niko's general camaraderie with AD, I don't see any reason to be fearful. Of course, things can change and we could be getting false info, but we have no way of knowing that right now so anything beyond this is just speculation. Might as well speculate anything. There are few reasons to be worried, and lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Not for nothing, but my daughter went to AD’s basketball camp last year and this year. At both camps, a kid asked AD if he was staying. His response in 2017 was that he heard all the rumors on TV too, but the team assured him that they weren’t looking to move him, so his mindset, as of that day, was that he’d be a Pelican for life. This year, when asked that same question, he hemmed and hawed quite a bit...told the kids they ask tough questions. He said that he and his agent had to talk some things over with the team after the season, but that he was committed to being a Pelican this year. Didn’t sound anywhere near as confident as the prior year...and there was no media there. Just a room full of kids. I don’t think anyone...including AD...knows for sure what he’s going to do, but I definitely think his mind is open to leaving.

As long as we stay a playoff team - Worst case is he signs Supermax and demands trade in three years when he’s 28. Next year Pels offer him a contract that will make him the highest paid player. He does not turn that down. I think he stays and we win several championships. He retires at 40 in New Orleans like Brees.
    Last edited by Andynola; 09-29-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Basketball Guru
    we all knew when davis changed agents that the nba talking heads were going to be pushing for AD leaving new orleans agenda.....stephen a smith and jalen rose were talking about AD leaving new orleans before he signed with rich paul.......i honestly believe that we will be the houston of last year and run people out the gym and be a top 4 team in the west...

then if we can trade for harrison barnes or sign him in the off season,,a solid 4 of jrue,,,barnes,,AD,,randall and cast would be a solid core to go up against anyone plus if AD play as he thinks hes the best player in the league then it would be hard for him to leave a team like this....

you hear nba talking heads saying AD is leaving but i have not heard any of them pushing for us to trade AD now so we can get the best deal for him while we have all of the leverage....until i hear trade rumors with teams offers then ill start thinking about the best deal we can get to keep us competitive....

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Not for nothing, but my daughter went to AD’s basketball camp last year and this year. At both camps, a kid asked AD if he was staying. His response in 2017 was that he heard all the rumors on TV too, but the team assured him that they weren’t looking to move him, so his mindset, as of that day, was that he’d be a Pelican for life. This year, when asked that same question, he hemmed and hawed quite a bit...told the kids they ask tough questions. He said that he and his agent had to talk some things over with the team after the season, but that he was committed to being a Pelican this year. Didn’t sound anywhere near as confident as the prior year...and there was no media there. Just a room full of kids. I don’t think anyone...including AD...knows for sure what he’s going to do, but I definitely think his mind is open to leaving.
    I believe this. I wonder exactly what AD needs to talk about next summer.

I wonder if part of his frustration might be him being slighted for DPOY and MVP. Maybe he wants to be able to win those accolades and if he gets passed over again this year he might feel New Orleans as a market failed him.

Like I've said for awhile, the entire point of the supermax was for small market teams to be able to keep their star players. If AD ends up wanting out and doesn't sign the supermax it will show that that idea is a failure.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If AD is the best player in the league then he wouldn’t be weak and leave to play with GSW or LAKERS.

He needs to be the leader similar to how CP3 was when he was in Nola.

AD has to be more of a playmaker IMO. He needs to be a better passer and 3 point shooter. He isn’t the best player in the league until he proves it. He has to prove it.

I sure hope he stays, but if not he better do us solid and get us a nice haul for him. Well if he wants out, we better get a decent haul. I’d send him to Minnesota for Towns & Wiggins, but he wouldn’t want that. Or send him to Philly for Embiid & Simmons, but they wouldn’t do that. The only logical deal would be something like Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, & Kyle Kuzma.

C: Randle, Okafor
    PF: Niko, Kuzma, Diallo
    SF: Ingram, Hill, Miller
    SG: Jrue, Moore
    PG: Ball, Payton, Jackson

I rather something different, but he would likely only go to a contender. I’m sure he would love to join Lebron. They have those 3 good young players to maybe get in a deal. I’m not sure how the aggravating LaVar Ball would like it though. That kid needs to disown his daddy cause all he is doing is creating baggage for the kid that doesn’t need to be there.

Thread Information