Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Davis wants out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I believe this. I wonder exactly what AD needs to talk about next summer.

I wonder if part of his frustration might be him being slighted for DPOY and MVP. Maybe he wants to be able to win those accolades and if he gets passed over again this year he might feel New Orleans as a market failed him.

Like I've said for awhile, the entire point of the supermax was for small market teams to be able to keep their star players. If AD ends up wanting out and doesn't sign the supermax it will show that that idea is a failure.
    Supermax was always a failure by design unless you have a super team already built. All it did ruin teams cap space and ability to compete. Greed isn't the only motivation for these athletes. They want to be good and surrounded by great players. All the Supermax does is promote Lone wolf superstar teams. And Superstars don't want that. If there was a competitive advantage for Supermaxes like the super max value outside of the max doesn't go against the cap. It would really best of both worlds.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I do believe that AD wants out IF....now what that if is, is yet to be determined. Do I believe AD is going to finish his career in new orleans? Nope. Do I believe he will eventually force his way out? Maybe. I don't think the supermax matters to him. I don't think his recruiting Randle here means anything. I don't think his convincing Jrue to stay last year means anything. I don't think getting to the playoffs this year means anything. I think getting to the West finals means everything. If we get to the Western Conference finals we could be looked at with some more positivity not only from AD but from other good players. Anything less than that, that clock that's already ticking for AD's exit, jumps forward big time.

I do believe we have the team right now to get there.

I heard a rumor LeBron already wants out of L.A. He wants to join the rockets.

Seriously though if this were to happen then I know the NBA's days are limited. They might as well combine the top 5 teams
    and change the name to the NBA Conference and disband the remaining 25 teams. With no hard cap in place the NBA and MLB
    will eventually wither away. The league is top heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Very nice read. I love the optimism. It really all depends on this season and Gentry/Demps’ ability to field a consistently competitive team. The administration of this organization is on notice. If we can’t build a winner and lose Davis, both Demps and Gentry need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Natural 20
    I just played for the 1st time last week and get this. LOL!

Thread Information