Pelicans Report

Thread: Which Wing Player will make the Team??

Question Which Wing Player will make the Team??

Dell bought in 4 players to via for one spot.
    Trevon Bluiett
    Garlon Green
    Kenrich Williams
    Troy Williams

Out of these four players which one do you expect to make the team

I personally think Troy Williams has a good shot, but this is just a guest.

Bluiette is on a two way so he'll be around no matter what.

I would prefer the one that plays the best defense and can knock down an occasional 3 ball from the corner! If I had to guess I would say T. Williams then Green.

T.Williams.
    K.Williams on a 2 way.
    Green and Morris will be cut.

None. We'll play AD and 4 combo guards.

Whoever wins in camp. Not that I think it will really matter. Whoever makes the team will be inactive most games.

Jrue, Payton
    Moore, Frank, Clark
    Hill, Miller
    Randle, Niko, Diallo
    AD, Okafor

That's 12 right there. Some games Diallo might not even be active if we choose to run Jack as an extra PG instead.

Ajinca is 13 unless we waive him

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Ajinca is 13 unless we waive him
    Only can have 12 active for games. I'm assuming Ajinca will not be active for most games until we are ready to play him a bit so we can trade him.

But for our 15 man roster, yeah Ajinca takes up a spot so really we only have at max 2 spots. I'm assuming Jack gets one of those since we need a vet PG. So that means just 1 spot for a wing.

Blueitt is fine since he's on a 2 way. So I'd guess Williams earns that last spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Only can have 12 active for games. I'm assuming Ajinca will not be active for most games until we are ready to play him a bit so we can trade him.

But for our 15 man roster, yeah Ajinca takes up a spot so really we only have at max 2 spots. I'm assuming Jack gets one of those since we need a vet PG. So that means just 1 spot for a wing.

Blueitt is fine since he's on a 2 way. So I'd guess Williams earns that last spot.
    I agree. Kwilliams may take second 2 way. Green would go back overseas if he can't beat out Twilliams.

Quote Originally Posted by HK-47 View Post
    None. We'll play AD and 4 combo guards.
    You crazy!!

Itll be Jrue at point, Niko at SG, AD at SF, Randle at PF, Jah a C...

Doing it BIG

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    You crazy!!

Itll be Jrue at point, Niko at SG, AD at SF, Randle at PF, Jah a C...

Doing it BIG
    Is it crazy that I could actually see this, especially if Jah plays well? Obviously it would be in short doses, but damn!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I agree. Kwilliams may take second 2 way. Green would go back overseas if he can't beat out Twilliams.
    I guess I should have specified I meant T Williams so I'm glad you knew what I meant.

I forgot we even had K Williams coming in. Actually, I forget who he even is. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Is it crazy that I could actually see this, especially if Jah plays well? Obviously it would be in short doses, but damn!
    It actually made alot of sense when I was typing it out..

Nobody could matchup with that lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Whoever wins in camp. Not that I think it will really matter. Whoever makes the team will be inactive most games.

Jrue, Payton
    Moore, Frank, Clark
    Hill, Miller
    Randle, Niko, Diallo
    AD, Okafor

That's 12 right there. Some games Diallo might not even be active if we choose to run Jack as an extra PG instead.
    I went to the Squad 6 chalk talk last night and Gentry stated that he anticipates the starting lineup to be...

PG: Payton
    SG: Holiday
    SF: Hill
    PF: Mirotic or Randle depending on the match up with the other being the 6th man.
    C: Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I went to the Squad 6 chalk talk last night and Gentry stated that he anticipates the starting lineup to be...

PF: Mirotic or Randle depending on the match up with the other being the 6th man.
    Really? If Hill is starting instead of Moore which I doubt then Mirotic has to start.

I think it will be

Payton
    Holiday
    Moore/Hill (depending on match ups)
    Mirotic/Randle (depending on match ups)
    Davis

And Davis may not even play C.

What would the coach know about the lineup the coach controls?

I think Hill cones back strong. He's no superstar or anything but solid. Randle/Niko and Moore as our 6th and 7th is very solid. Then Miller and hopefully a revamped Okafor and that's one decent squad.

Edit: And mid shower I'm over here thinking about Ian, Diallo, Jack, Jackson, Bluiett, Mek.....man....not like shower thinking but lineups.

If Okafor can become even a glimmer of what he was supposed to be, we easily have the best big man rotation in the game. Not even close. I know some of you don't remember Hill preinjury but he could actually look it down. He gets back to that and we can get another SF raining 3s.....at SG we have Jrue who is maybe the best two way player in the league if Kawhi lost a step and Moore is behind him......then we are really just some unproven high potential PGs away from having a complete head to toe bona-fide squad. Maybe it doesn't have The star power but it is insanely well balanced. And totally suited for Gentry's system. For once. Just need the PGs to step up and the SFs to rain 3s.....and Hill to get to form.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 09-28-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post

I'm not sure we can run Payton and Hill and especially not those 2 with Randle. That's 3 non shooters. I'm sure Gentry really would prefer to play Hill instead of undersized Moore at the 3. We will see what he ends up doing.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    What would the coach know about the lineup the coach controls?

I think Hill cones back strong. He's no superstar or anything but solid. Randle/Niko and Moore as our 6th and 7th is very solid. Then Miller and hopefully a revamped Okafor and that's one decent squad.

Edit: And mid shower I'm over here thinking about Ian, Diallo, Jack, Jackson, Bluiett, Mek.....man....not like shower thinking but lineups.

If Okafor can become even a glimmer of what he was supposed to be, we easily have the best big man rotation in the game. Not even close. I know some of you don't remember Hill preinjury but he could actually look it down. He gets back to that and we can get another SF raining 3s.....at SG we have Jrue who is maybe the best two way player in the league if Kawhi lost a step and Moore is behind him......then we are really just some unproven high potential PGs away from having a complete head to toe bona-fide squad. Maybe it doesn't have The star power but it is insanely well balanced. And totally suited for Gentry's system. For once. Just need the PGs to step up and the SFs to rain 3s.....and Hill to get to form.
    How is Hill solid

Like I said. Short sighted. People only remember him rushing himself back from injury playing rusty against guys in playoff shape. Before that injury he was a really solid defender. And if the starting lineup has Niko, Jrue, and AD in it, that's fine. If he can slow down the opposing SFs and we can get scoring from the SFs on the bench, we're golden.

Haha. Anyone else remember how all last off season it was "Jrue sucks and he isn't worth his contract?"

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    this is a good look into the potential line-ups for our bigs ... https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/9...-anthony-davis

That's a good article. I'm more of a fan of making sure two of the three are on the floor at all times as opposed to trying to force the three on at the same time. People get so obsessed with who starts. Like in the NFL when they want to know the starting three LBs when three LB sets are rarely going to be used in today's game. In the NBA, it's like people forget the stars need a break at some point. Those 2nd team unit minutes can kill you.

Thread Information