Pelicans Report

Thread: Jahlil Okafor my Prediction

Pelicans Jahlil Okafor my Prediction

I want to go on record as saying i believe Jahlil Okafor will turn out to be a huge pick up. I predict that Okafor will have a break out year and turn out be a steal for the Pels, if he remains healthy this could be his best year as a pro.

I really glad that we have him on a 2 year deal. That gives us his early birds rights and we don't lose him if he balls out this year.

It was just practice but the clips from it showed him using his hook to score on AD. Really like our bigs rotation a lot.

Totally agree. I don't think he's gonna be a borderline all-star or anything, but I totally believe he can be a solid rotational player who gets legitimate, regular minutes and makes the team better. He is going to be a good player. I believe that
    Basketball.

Our guys look real good from top to bottom. We have never had a team with this much depth. I know GS and Houston are the top dogs.But I think we match up with anybody including them. We stay healthy and Alvin can let KERR congratulate him at seasons end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I really glad that we have him on a 2 year deal. That gives us his early birds rights and we don't lose him if he balls out this year.

It was just practice but the clips from it showed him using his hook to score on AD. Really like our bigs rotation a lot.
    Do you have a link for the practice clips?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Do you have a link for the practice clips?
    https://twitter.com/sayneykid/status...534246914?s=21

When I saw what Okafor did to his body I was all in on his redemption year. This may be the most interesting and important year the Pelicans has since we changed to the names Pelicans. The difference between getting off to a slow start vs getting off to a hot start may be franchise changing.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-27-2018 at 07:19 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Like, it's mindblowing how different Okafor looks. He was always an exceptionally skilled post player. But he can't help but be lighter on his feet now and have better stamina. I mean, it'd be insane for him to put in this kinda workd and still have a lackadaisical effort on the glass and defense. Also, he's got to expand his range a bit.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Think about AD at the 3, Randle at the 4, and Okafor at the 5. I know it might not happen as a starting 5, but it could happen at some point in some games.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    Think about AD at the 3, Randle at the 4, and Okafor at the 5. I know it might not happen as a starting 5, but it could happen at some point in some games.
    Niko would be in not okafor

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I said in the original Okafor thread.. Wouldnt it be crazy if Okafor balls out and gives AD a chance to go back to PF?

I don't know how to feel about all of this, I really hoped Chieck would be a long term piece in the rotation, but he might end up being the odd man out. But with the pace we'll be playing there may be room for 5 bigs? So conflicted, I guess we'll see when the regular season starts.

In the traditional (that is, the last few years) NBA we would expect 4 & 5 to have 96 minutes: 36 AD, 30 Mirotic and 30 Randle.

But with the faster pace I don't think this will be possible. Just spitballing, but the averages might be more like 30 AD, 25 Mirotic, 25 Randle, 10 Okafor, 6 Diallo. That kind of running in that many games means reduced minutes or increased injuries.

Ideally, we will start blowing people out so AD does not have play much, if any, in the second half.

The Franchise
    I think okafor will matchup against all the bigger bigs. I hope Diallo get traded for an upgrade at SF but I’m guessing that’ll be later in the year.

Thread Information