Pelicans Report

Thread: 2018 Pelicans Media Day: Alvin Gentry

Pelicans 2018 Pelicans Media Day: Alvin Gentry

25 Mins of Coach AG.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/t...diaday-2265657

All other interviews on the same page under AG's video.

Jalil sounds super committed to having a prove it year. Slimmed down too.

It's media day. Where's the enthusiasm round here? First pre-season game this Sunday.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-24-2018 at 08:12 PM.

To me Niko didn’t really show too much excitement on the video I saw of him... I feel like he would be the one to be traded
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Sigh...Bye again

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    To me Niko didn’t really show too much excitement on the video I saw of him... I feel like he would be the one to be traded
    Bologna... Niko and AD were all smiles. They definitely have a lot of respect for one another. Niko is going to beast this year, and we need to lock him down for a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Jalil sounds super committed to having a prove it year. Slimmed down too.

It's media day. Where's the enthusiasm round here? First pre-season game this Sunday.
    Don't worry. As the season gets closer everything will pick back up. This is the typical summer slowdown.

As far as media day goes my biggest take away was actually Gentry speaking about Jackson. I think everyone in the organization is super hyped for him and are trying to keep their excitement in check.

Everything else was pretty standard, everyone is in shape, everyone is happy, everyone wants to do more this year.

Maybe Gentry acknowledging they are going to try some lineups with Randle, Niko, and AD is a bit of news. I suspected they'd try this once I watched some game film on Randle over the summer and saw the Lakers actually used him to guard bigger SF's often, especially when they needed a stop. I remember a decent amount of discussion about it around that time.

Oh, actually seeing Ajinca at all was a bit of a surprise to me. I think Dell said he still hasn't done any 5 on 5 but him in a uniform is already a big step. Similar to Asik last year, show you can play a few minutes then get traded.

^^^^^^
    God I hope that's how Ajinca goes
    Basketball.

I wonder how much more the media is going to ask Payton about his hair and how happy he is to be playing at home again. That would drive me nuts.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Don't worry. As the season gets closer everything will pick back up. This is the typical summer slowdown.

As far as media day goes my biggest take away was actually Gentry speaking about Jackson. I think everyone in the organization is super hyped for him and are trying to keep their excitement in check.

Everything else was pretty standard, everyone is in shape, everyone is happy, everyone wants to do more this year.

Maybe Gentry acknowledging they are going to try some lineups with Randle, Niko, and AD is a bit of news. I suspected they'd try this once I watched some game film on Randle over the summer and saw the Lakers actually used him to guard bigger SF's often, especially when they needed a stop. I remember a decent amount of discussion about it around that time.

Oh, actually seeing Ajinca at all was a bit of a surprise to me. I think Dell said he still hasn't done any 5 on 5 but him in a uniform is already a big step. Similar to Asik last year, show you can play a few minutes then get traded.
    Easier to trade him if he can't play, assuming there's insurance on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    Bologna... Niko and AD were all smiles. They definitely have a lot of respect for one another. Niko is going to beast this year, and we need to lock him down for a few more years.
    It was a video on bleacher report. That was the only video that I saw him in, maybe if I watch the whole video from the pelicans page I will see the smiles

It was a video on bleacher report. That was the only video that I saw him in, maybe if I watch the whole video from the pelicans page I will see the smiles
    You should watch the one with Miller and Niko, Niko was giggling up a storm at the beginning. I thought your post was sarcasm when I watched the video. He loves being here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If Elfrid can play really solid defense and starts I think we will be much better this year. We could do a better job defending GSW. Randle is an automatic upgrade on defense and hustle. Jrue, AD, Hill, Randle are all elite defenders. Moore and Niko are smart solid defenders.

Bench depth is better this year. Okafor, Moore, Clark, Miller, Jack, Diallo, Jackson, Williams and Bluitt can bring more consistency and balance the attack. More rest for starters.

I think we have several pieces that could be traded for a possible really good player. Lots to look forward to. We really need another star and good performances from bench. Why not trade for butler? Can you imagine how dangerous we could be. Frank Jackson could be the X factor. I think he could be the difference. Him and Randle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoH-gd9A...ource=ig_embed

threekola So excited about this season !! @pelicansnba
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-25-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    You should watch the one with Miller and Niko, Niko was giggling up a storm at the beginning. I thought your post was sarcasm when I watched the video. He loves being here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yea I just the video nvm he does looks happy lol

Any of you fine folks attending the Squad 6 Event tonight?
    RIP FlyGirl

I really think Bluitt is going to surprise some people. I get a Malcolm Brogdon feel from him. Not that he will be as good as Brogdon but wouldn't it be nice to hit on a few if these guys. Dell seems to be able to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rel11 View Post
    Any of you fine folks attending the Squad 6 Event tonight?
    I didn't even know there was an event going on. Lol

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/bl...tember-26-2018

Black and Blue report from day. Interviewed Jrue and Elfrid. Good listen.

I didn't even know there was an event going on. Lol
    Dang. My rep called me about it and I got a flyer in the mail.

Dang. My rep called me about it and I got a flyer in the mail.
    I live out of town so that's probably why.

I live out of town so that's probably why.
    Ah, gotcha! Their social media girl took a pic of my FlyGirl jersey. I spoke to Frank Jackson just long enough to tell him that I was a big fan. Got a pic with Gentry. Pretty cool night overall. Left with a free six pack of beer also. I don’t even drink. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If Elfrid can play really solid defense and starts I think we will be much better this year. We could do a better job defending GSW. Randle is an automatic upgrade on defense and hustle. Jrue, AD, Hill, Randle are all elite defenders. Moore and Niko are smart solid defenders.

Bench depth is better this year. Okafor, Moore, Clark, Miller, Jack, Diallo, Jackson, Williams and Bluitt can bring more consistency and balance the attack. More rest for starters.

I think we have several pieces that could be traded for a possible really good player. Lots to look forward to. We really need another star and good performances from bench. Why not trade for butler? Can you imagine how dangerous we could be. Frank Jackson could be the X factor. I think he could be the difference. Him and Randle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, Minnesota is asking WAYYYYY to much for Butler.

The 76'ers inquired about him, and Minny told them they wouldnt do the deal unless Ben Simmons were included...

Butler isnt going anywhere for awhile it seems, unless Minnesota backs down on their asking price

Ah, gotcha! Their social media girl took a pic of my FlyGirl jersey. I spoke to Frank Jackson just long enough to tell him that I was a big fan. Got a pic with Gentry. Pretty cool night overall. Left with a free six pack of beer also. I don’t even drink. Lol!
    Dixie or Dixie Light?

Thread Information