.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: I feel like Jackson is going to ball out this season and we use him to trade

  1. #1
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,976

    I feel like Jackson is going to ball out this season and we use him to trade

    To a team in tax hell like Washington, to get Porter which turns us into instant contenders

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    To a team in tax hell like Washington, to get Porter which turns us into instant contenders
    r
    I, likewise, think Frank is going to be a positive surprise. But no way do we use him as trade bait. Unless for someone like Kwahi or Gordon HAYWARD
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-16-2018 at 10:47 AM.

  3. #3
    If Jackson plays to his potential, he is our future at PG, he compliments this team perfectly

  4. #4
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    If Jackson plays to his potential, he is our future at PG, he compliments this team perfectly
    He would be, but if you can land that elite SF with him, you have to do it

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He would be, but if you can land that elite SF with him, you have to do it
    Is Porter that elite SF though? More role player than elite, plus contract and injury concerns. Plus would make it hard to keep Randle unless he opts in. To match salary it would have to be two of Hill, Moore, Niko, and Randle, plus Frank.

  6. #6
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,207
    Can we keep our prospects for once? Lol. I actually love Frank, man. I want him to be a contributor for us down the road.

  7. #7
    Getting Porter, who is a starting caliber SF and a top half of the league player at that position for Jackson is not at all realistic. One guy is an NBA starter and one guy is a second rounder who won't even play a single meaningful minute for at least 2-3 years. Try again.

  8. #8
    There is a reason they brought in Elfrid Payton. Who is a borderline starter at best and is a guy most teams look at as a second unit player. And that's who is going to be the starter at point this season. So that should tell you everything you need to know about what the front office and coaching staff thinks about Jackson and his place in this team and in the league overall.

  9. #9
    Frank is going to have some growing pains, but his preparation, time on bench learning last season with Rondo, and finally being healthy, will begin to show by Dec. I honestly believe his name will be thrown out for ROY consideration.

  10. #10
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    5,707
    I just hope the dude can stay healthy. I have no doubt in his skills but that foot can be a chronic thing.

  11. #11
    Agree with Droop

  12. #12
    Gotta get some meaningful production out of Diallo and Jackson this year to have salary flexibility. Trading either now for a elite whatever gives us another albatross salary to manage and less depth. Short sighted, I think.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Gotta get some meaningful production out of Diallo and Jackson this year to have salary flexibility. Trading either now for a elite whatever gives us another albatross salary to manage and less depth. Short sighted, I think.
    I don't know how long it's going to be until Cheick gives meaningful production. He's only 22, but his game just has so many holes. His per 36 stats aren't too bad, but he fouls so much (5.1 per 36) that he can be a real liability, and he really can't defend anyone. Some of his advanced stats are good, like his above average 17.0 PER, and his 118 offensive rating, but part of that is because he only ever plays against benchwarmers during garbage time. He fails the eye test so hard, 90% of the time.

    Makes me sad tbh

    "Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature." - Silverfoxx

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't know how long it's going to be until Cheick gives meaningful production. He's only 22, but his game just has so many holes. His per 36 stats aren't too bad, but he fouls so much (5.1 per 36) that he can be a real liability, and he really can't defend anyone. Some of his advanced stats are good, like his above average 17.0 PER, and his 118 offensive rating, but part of that is because he only ever plays against benchwarmers during garbage time. He fails the eye test so hard, 90% of the time.

    Makes me sad tbh
    I agree, and it is highly unlikely he gets any minutes on this team. All of our bigs, even AA, if we have to play him before we can move him, gets on the court before Diallo. That's why I was hoping Dell could include him in a trade somehow to a team that may be in rebuild mode that could give him a chance.

  15. #15
    I hear ya. I think this is Diallo's make or break year and IF he flashes will be a piece in a trade. He make so many mental mistakes. We just really need Jackson to pan out and stay put.

  16. #16
    I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,167
    I think it's more likely that should Frank show out, we try to package Moore with a first to land an upgrade and let Jackson absorb his duties.
    @DanielVeuleman

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I think it's more likely that should Frank show out, we try to package Moore with a first to land an upgrade and let Jackson absorb his duties.
    Etwaunn is so clutch, I hope not... He's the most pure shooter we've got. I know we need a long wing, but there has to be another way to get it.

  18. #18
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,646
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisowen View Post
    Etwaunn is so clutch, I hope not... He's the most pure shooter we've got. I know we need a long wing, but there has to be another way to get it.
    I hope he plays so great, that they can't trade him.

    I meant Frank.
    Last edited by smcgull; 09-26-2018 at 01:48 AM.

  19. #19
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,646
    I hope Jackson plays so great, that they can't trade him.

  20. #20
    Frank cost us 2 picks and was still taken 1 pick out of round 1. He is more of a true 1st round pick then probably half the guys that were selected as such in his draft. Before his one year at Duke he was, McDonald's All-American (2016); McDonald's All-American Game Slam Dunk champion (2016); McDonald's All-American Game co-MVP (2016); Utah Mr. Basketball (2016); Jordan Brand Classic (2016). Had he not had foot injury, possible top 5 pick, definite top 10. Don't forget, he was at the top of leader board during combine and he did that with a broken foot.
    Last edited by Silver Nail; 09-26-2018 at 08:53 AM.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Frank cost us 2 picks and was still taken 1 pick out of round 1. He is more of a true 1st round pick then probably half the guys that were selected as such in his draft. Before his one year at Duke he was, McDonald's All-American (2016); McDonald's All-American Game Slam Dunk champion (2016); McDonald's All-American Game co-MVP (2016); Utah Mr. Basketball (2016); Jordan Brand Classic (2016). Had he not had foot injury, possible top 5 pick, definite top 10. Don't forget, he was at the top of leader board during combine and he did that with a broken foot.
    To be fair he was being projected at the end of the lottery or middle of the 1st round, around 15ish. I didn't see any top 5 projections for him. Very few even high teens.

    That said you are spot on about his injury being the reason he fell. He was a concensus 1st round pick and very easily could have ended up in the lottery. Got injured and all those teams started passing. Dell actually said that they had been following Frank since high school. Never thought they'd have a chance to get him either.

    It was never a question of talent with Frank, the injury really was what dropped him which is somewhat strange to me because lottery teams will take risks on players all the time and just not play them the 1st year. Somehow because Frank is a guard instead of a wing/big he fell all the way out of the 1st. Fortunate for us.

  22. #22
    Could lightning strike twice? Could New Orleans have two Stormin Mormons (Taysom Hill & Frank)? Let’s hope so.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  23. #23
    I for one am ready for our Mormon overlords

  24. #24
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,976
    Whos Taysom

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Whos Taysom
    Taysom Hill is the saints 3rd QB. But much more then that. The team uses him on special teams and as a option type running back. MR EVERYTHING

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •