.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 86

Thread: AD Parts Ways With His Agent

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    The NBA has never had parity, and never will compared to the NFL. There's 5 players playing both sides of the ball compared to 22 in football, one player is so much more valuable. If there was a hard cap and stars were spread evenly throughout the league, guess what, the team with LeBron would still win all the time.
    LBJ will probably go down as the greatest of all time, but guess what, he couldn't win it either till he went to Miami with Wade and Bosh, than back to Clev with Kyrie and Love. So parity is possible. The owners need to quit the micromanaging the system and make it simple. Hard cap, and one franchise player.

  2. #52
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,877
    Well its official..davis has signed with rich paul so get ready for all the davis to LA or to another team talk this season...imo i think we have a team that will quiet those talks but some talking heads just want to see davis out of new orleans anyway so those are the ones that will lead the charge on the davis trades lol so get ready for it...

  3. #53
    AD will find other ways to make money and leave the pelicans. Heís probably not happy about losing rondo and cousins.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #54
    I was excited about this season coming but Iím concerned now. Rondo had everything to do with our success in the playoffs and we let him go. We needed to keep him. I doubt this AD talk about leaving the PELS is bs this time. A lot of people minimize Rondoís impact on the team. We replace him with a mostly unproven backup pg Elfrid Payton???? WTH? Getting Randle was a very good move but if Cousins comes back and plays great ball and Rondo does great in LA with Lebron and the PELS arenít playing at a very high level I think AD will be gone. I used to think everything would be fine but I donít think that now. I think he will stay if we get to the WCF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I was excited about this season coming but I’m concerned now. Rondo had everything to do with our success in the playoffs and we let him go. We needed to keep him. I doubt this AD talk about leaving the PELS is bs this time. A lot of people minimize Rondo’s impact on the team. We replace him with a mostly unproven backup pg Elfrid Payton???? WTH? Getting Randle was a very good move but if Cousins comes back and plays great ball and Rondo does great in LA with Lebron and the PELS aren’t playing at a very high level I think AD will be gone. I used to think everything would be fine but I don’t think that now. I think he will stay if we get to the WCF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, thankfully someone got the worst case scenario bit done right away, hopefully nobody else will feel the need to rehash it again.

    Personally, I don't think this changes anything. AD was always going to either stay, or leave, based on how the team performs. He's been very patient with the franchise so far, and I have no reason to think that that will change as long as positive moves and progression continue. Hell, given the size of the supermax, there's a good chance that he'll be willing to stay anyway, as long as we aren't plummeting backwards.

    Rondo's exact importance has been argued back and forth on this forum about 400x since he left, including by me. Whether he was a vital element of the team or just a particularly well fitting cog remains to be seen, and it's a judgment we can't really make until the season begins and we see the difference in the new team and the old one. Maybe Rondo was as inconsistent, lackadaisical, and lacklustre on defense as some have argued, and it's entirely possibly that Payton is more consistent in those roles and therefore the net change is neutral. Or, maybe you're right, and he was the head of the snake that the team will die without. Maybe. We'll see, but it's not like we lost some all-star or something. There's no need to immediately hammer the panic button.

    As for the Randle/Cousins trade, everything we've heard indicates that AD actively wanted Randle, and badly: and there's also been whispers that AD wasn't all too hot on keeping Cousins either. How far the latter claim strays from truth is obviously beyond our ability to say: it's not like AD is going to tell us. But again, it's not like it's an end of the world scenario (even you admit that, getting Randle was a very good move).

    Being signed to Klutch Sports is not an indication that you're going to leave the team you're on and play with Lebron. Good indications of this include: Marcus Morris, Nerlens Noel, Ben Simmons, Eric Bledsoe, and John Wall. Bledsoe just got traded and didn't show any signs of trying to force his way to Lebron. Noel was just a free agent, and didn't show any signs of heading to Lebron's final spot. John Wall has been loyal to the Wizards and has not shown any signs of wanting to jump ship, and they're in a much worse situation than us.

    AD went to Klutch Sports. So what.

    "Kahwi Leonard will be a Pelican. Please make me a signature." - Silverfoxx

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I was excited about this season coming but Iím concerned now. Rondo had everything to do with our success in the playoffs and we let him go. We needed to keep him. I doubt this AD talk about leaving the PELS is bs this time. A lot of people minimize Rondoís impact on the team. We replace him with a mostly unproven backup pg Elfrid Payton???? WTH? Getting Randle was a very good move but if Cousins comes back and plays great ball and Rondo does great in LA with Lebron and the PELS arenít playing at a very high level I think AD will be gone. I used to think everything would be fine but I donít think that now. I think he will stay if we get to the WCF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rondo didnt have evrything to do with the Pelicans playoff success. That was all about the defensive scheme against Portland and Jrue Holiday stepping up. Rondo barely even played the following series because he's a defensive liability.

    Rondo is about to reitre soon and won't do much in L.A. either. Definitely not a plyer the Pelicans were going to count on and quite honestly they didnt really count on him the majority of last year either.

  7. #57
    Too much unfounded speculation. What are you guys worried about? Next summer we offer AD a king's ransom in the supermax. If he turns it down, we trade him for any even bigger package. All 29 remaining teams will be in on the bid process. Relax people.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    AD will find other ways to make money and leave the pelicans. Heís probably not happy about losing rondo and cousins.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AD is one of the main reasons Cousins isn't here. If AD had told Dell he definitely wanted Cousins back, Cousins would be back here. Instead AD said, "Meh, I'm good." even Dell was shocked that none of the coaches or players really wanted or cared if Cousins came back.

    AD switching agents has absolutely zero to do with Cousins or Rondo.

  9. #59
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Too much unfounded speculation. What are you guys worried about? Next summer we offer AD a king's ransom in the supermax. If he turns it down, we trade him for any even bigger package. All 29 remaining teams will be in on the bid process. Relax people.
    lol if you think 29 teams will be in the bidding you tripping lol....if AD do decide to leave then rich paul will not have his new star in another small market and it wont be a bidding war..they will be a-holes and make public what teams he would be willing to play for if they pull it off before he can sign his max deal........

    my concern is AD and his new label mate is in the western conference and i dont think lebron would be to kind to have AD knock him out of the playoffs..i think the team would want AD and lebron to team up or play each other in the finals with AD in the east....but im a pelican fan so we will cross that bridge if it happens.....my dream is for paul to recruit players to new orleans to play with AD but again that lebron thing kind of mess that up for me unless lebron is retiring in 2 years to be with family and do other things...

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I was excited about this season coming but I’m concerned now. Rondo had everything to do with our success in the playoffs and we let him go. We needed to keep him. I doubt this AD talk about leaving the PELS is bs this time. A lot of people minimize Rondo’s impact on the team. We replace him with a mostly unproven backup pg Elfrid Payton???? WTH? Getting Randle was a very good move but if Cousins comes back and plays great ball and Rondo does great in LA with Lebron and the PELS aren’t playing at a very high level I think AD will be gone. I used to think everything would be fine but I don’t think that now. I think he will stay if we get to the WCF.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We didnt "let" Rondo go anywhere, he left on his own accord. We offered him the same contract we gave Randle, he left (so he says), because the Lakers offered him $400,000 more, which he will pay more than that in the extra taxes in CA, and never even gave Dell a chance to match it.

    Cousins left because hes just a little *****.

    I could be AD's agent and get him a trade to any team he wants to go to, this is all about endorsements plain and simple. An agent does WAY more for a player than negotiating a contract with a team

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol if you think 29 teams will be in the bidding you tripping lol....if AD do decide to leave then rich paul will not have his new star in another small market and it wont be a bidding war..they will be a-holes and make public what teams he would be willing to play for if they pull it off before he can sign his max deal........

    my concern is AD and his new label mate is in the western conference and i dont think lebron would be to kind to have AD knock him out of the playoffs..i think the team would want AD and lebron to team up or play each other in the finals with AD in the east....but im a pelican fan so we will cross that bridge if it happens.....my dream is for paul to recruit players to new orleans to play with AD but again that lebron thing kind of mess that up for me unless lebron is retiring in 2 years to be with family and do other things...
    The Pels have AD for 3 more years including this season. If he and his agent refuse the supermax Dell might ship him to a loser if the price is right. But lets get real, Boston would have the most to offer. So LA has to give up all their young guys or wait three years. AD stays here, end of story. And yeah..... one of us is tripping. But it isn't me.

  12. #62
    all those "rondo made last season possible" folks must not have watched AD and Jrue too much...

  13. #63
    When was the last time that a player demanded a trade to a specific team and he got traded to that one?

    Paul George, Kwahi, let's see what happens with Butler, heck even CP3 wanted the Lakers and didn't get it. If AD ever had to be traded because he demanded to be moved I can promise you we will be taking the beat deal available and not just giving into his request. Doesn't matter who his agent is.

    The real question though is, "Will AD turn down the $235m extension?" That's a lot of money to turn down. The whole point of the supermax was to be able to help small markets keep their superstars so I'd hope he would take it.

  14. #64
    http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id...on-james-agent

    "A star player switching agents sometimes can create the implication that he wants to change teams. Paul, who represents more than 20 NBA players, told ESPN that is not the case and he plans to meet with Pelicans officials soon."

    Rich Paul apparently told ESPN himself that AD is not intending to change teams, and that this change in agents doesn't imply a desire to leave. Also noted in the article is Rich Paul representing John Wall in a deal to stay in Washington.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    When was the last time that a player demanded a trade to a specific team and he got traded to that one?

    Paul George, Kwahi, let's see what happens with Butler, heck even CP3 wanted the Lakers and didn't get it. If AD ever had to be traded because he demanded to be moved I can promise you we will be taking the beat deal available and not just giving into his request. Doesn't matter who his agent is.

    The real question though is, "Will AD turn down the $235m extension?" That's a lot of money to turn down. The whole point of the supermax was to be able to help small markets keep their superstars so I'd hope he would take it.
    Melo to NYK?

    And CP3 wanted Houston and got traded there two summers ago.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Melo to NYK?

    And CP3 wanted Houston and got traded there two summers ago.
    CP3 was a different situation though because he was at his option year. He could have just walked. Instead what he did was orchestrated the trade behind the scenes himself then walked up to Doc and said, 'trade me here or lose me for nothing."

    We are discussing players who have a year or more left on their current contract and can't just walk like CP3 could.

    I don't remember the Melo situation but let's give you that one. So 7 years ago while under a different CBA than the current one. Heck that might have been 2 CBA's ago.

    If AD is in a similar situation to CP3 where he can just opt out then yeah maybe we have to trade him to a place he is willing to opt into his contract for. But let's say this summer he says he wants out and names 3 teams. He goes wherever the bear offer is because he has no choice.

  17. #67
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,207
    I watched his media day interview and he didn't really make me feel a whole lot better about the situation. I don't know how him changing agents affects his on the court skill, which he stated. He didn't state his commitment long term so I don't feel great.

    LeBron and Co. are slimeballs, so don't put it past them to entice AD to pull out.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I watched his media day interview and he didn't really make me feel a whole lot better about the situation. I don't know how him changing agents affects his on the court skill, which he stated. He didn't state his commitment long term so I don't feel great.

    LeBron and Co. are slimeballs, so don't put it past them to entice AD to pull out.
    AD has grown too much as a leader to throw away not only the supermax, but also the position of team's top dog to go to LA which doesn't have near the talent his Pel team has. He commits with his actions. His new agent confirmed it wasn't about a move. AD can run for any political office he wants here in 15 years and the only guy he might lose to, and yes I said might, is Drew Brees.

  19. #69
    If switching agents was ultimately about having the power to force his way to a new team, do you think the new agent would confirm that publicly?

  20. #70
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,156
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    If switching agents was ultimately about having the power to force his way to a new team, do you think the new agent would confirm that publicly?
    It doesn't matter one way or another.

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It doesn't matter one way or another.
    I agree but either way there's no reason to put any stock in what the agent says.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    Melo to NYK?

    And CP3 wanted Houston and got traded there two summers ago.
    CP3 doesn't count he opted into a player option so could be traded to make the salary with the Rockets work. The Clippers had no leverage.

  23. #73
    The Franchise billfromfinance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,972
    Anyone here watch Ballers? this weeks episode has a nice big feature shot of AD in the fictional agencies hallway (scene before it was Ronaldo). It's no cameo but thought it was an interesting little feature, whether it ties in with the recent agency changes or not who knows. timed well though.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ad_hallway.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	6356

  24. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    102
    They are discussing Davis as a Laker on First Take now.

  25. #75
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,207
    AD had an interview with Rachel Nichols and completely side stepped the rumors about his future, talking about “focusing on this year,” and “winning is more important than the contract.”

    If the Pels don’t do anything this year, we’re toast, because he’ll be out of here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •