Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frank Willis Jackson

Frank Willis Jackson

I was watching Frank Jackson workout with the Holiday brothers, Elfrid, and I don't know if anyone noticed, but Rondo. The kid a freak athlete, and hope he stays healthy.

Totally with you. I think if he stays healthy, he could honestly be up there for ROTY. He has a nice shot, he's quick, his hops are insane, and I have full confidence that Jrue will rub off on him in terms of defensive effort and integrity. I could easily see, given good health and fitting well into the system, him averaging 13 or 14ppg. Stunned that he didn't get taken in the first round, but I'm happy we've got him.

Obviously this is based on projecting his (Very limited) summer league play, and the video clips/reports we've had over the summer, into the league. It's possible that he really doesn't perform well. But I think it's more likely than not that he's at least solid.
    Basketball.

I've been calling him next season's ROTY all summer. Kid is an absolute stud. He had the 2nd highest vertical and fastest shuttle run in a crazy athletic draft class, with the likes of Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr., Dearron Fox. Combine that with having the personality of a natural leader and fierce competitor. Future HOFer watch.

I saw his highlight video and am excited. I really think we’ve landed a gem here.

When does training camp start?

Also excited to see if okafor can up his game and be a decent productive player...but most excited about seeing Randle...this guy is superb.
    '' We are here!!''

Quote Originally Posted by B-Baby View Post
    I was watching Frank Jackson workout with the Holiday brothers, Elfrid, and I don't know if anyone noticed, but Rondo. The kid a freak athlete, and hope he stays healthy.
    Is there video of this online?

Even if it was limited in summer league I liked that it didn't seem too big for him he jist went in and did his thing bc sometimes as we knw dudes can just look scatter brained even in summer league

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Is there video of this online?
    Mrdoitmoving on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mrdoitmoving/

Idk about ROY just because he is your 7th or 8 person off the bench.... Plus who is he going to take shots from to be ROY? AD Jure Randle Niko and to a lesser degree Payton... I just don’t see it... but I do think he will be pretty good
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It would be wonderful if he could surprise everybody. Played well in the summer and got hurt.

I can’t use this word enough when it comes to Franklin: explosive.
    RIP FlyGirl

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Dang wow. Maybe Dunk contest participant lol

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Idk about ROY just because he is your 7th or 8 person off the bench.... Plus who is he going to take shots from to be ROY? AD Jure Randle Niko and to a lesser degree Payton... I just don’t see it... but I do think he will be pretty good
    The first thing that comes to mind is Malcolm Brogdon. Rookie of the year, picked 36th in his draft, only got 8.5 shots a game, but was such a good glue guy, such a consistent defender, and shot over 40% from three. Hopefully Frank doesn't follow that exact path, since Brogdon regressed in his second season (though much of that was due to injury) but still.

You make a good point though: where do the shots come from? For me, I think it depends entirely on pace. Our average FGA per game last year was 88.3. During the 10 game win streak, it was 98.7. Obviously the second would be really high for a full season (it would be, by far, the most FGAs per game a team has taken in at least 15 years), but if we could settle somewhere between the two, maybe at 93 or so, then there's got to be 10 shots there for Frank, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is Malcolm Brogdon. Rookie of the year, picked 36th in his draft, only got 8.5 shots a game, but was such a good glue guy, such a consistent defender, and shot over 40% from three. Hopefully Frank doesn't follow that exact path, since Brogdon regressed in his second season (though much of that was due to injury) but still.

You make a good point though: where do the shots come from? For me, I think it depends entirely on pace. Our average FGA per game last year was 88.3. During the 10 game win streak, it was 98.7. Obviously the second would be really high for a full season (it would be, by far, the most FGAs per game a team has taken in at least 15 years), but if we could settle somewhere between the two, maybe at 93 or so, then there's got to be 10 shots there for Frank, no?
    As for as brogdon he was like there 3rd best player on his team at the time... as far as frank he hasn’t even played a regular season game yet so I can’t put those expectations on him just yet.

Xavier Henry had hops too.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Xavier Henry had hops too.
    Good for him now let people be excited

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Brogdon won because he was solid on a good team in a really disappointing rookie class. Hard to imagine that all of Doncic, Jackson, Ayton, Knox, etc. won't be good.

I just hope he is the 4th guard off the bench and he makes the most of his opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Good for him now let people be excited

They can be.
    Just putting things in perspective so people don't over expect things from him. He needs to stay healthy then talk about him having a Brogdan season.

I personally am hoping for Donovon Mitchell.

BTW I ******* hate Owen Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    They can be.
    Just putting things in perspective so people don't over expect things from him. He needs to stay healthy then talk about him having a Brogdan season.

I personally am hoping for Donovon Mitchell.

BTW I ******* hate Owen Wilson.
    Ehh it's the off season people are going to get overly excited about things and it's fun and as for your last thing........

Ehh it's the off season people are going to get overly excited about things and it's fun and as for your last thing........

LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-08-30_12-01-00.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	6353

I mean, Alonzo Gee just signed with the Brisbane Bullets what more excitement could we ask for?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If he is really that good, like a star level player, then he could earn the starting pg position.

Players and coaches are very impressed with him. His highlights are solid. When he gets on the court I expect him to dominate. Frank Jackson is going to surprise the league. If Jrue is really impressed then I’m going to trust that he’s really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the team see's him as a second Jrue skill-set. Another combo not true point guard. Why else would we be looking at true PGs on trash pile?

Well he's still a rookie. I don't expect him to win the job but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thread Information