Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When will the 2018-19 schedule be released?

When will the 2018-19 schedule be released?

When will the 2018-19 schedule be released?

the last four years have seen them announced on August 13, 12, 11 and 14.

I can't wait!
    RIP FlyGirl

Basketball Guru
    we only have one preseason game at home and thats against Toronto oct,11......

2pm today per marc stein

Basketball Guru
    we play the rockets opening night on espn....2 fast pace and high scoring teams...espn got it right for the first game...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    we play the rockets opening night on espn....2 fast pace and high scoring teams...espn got it right for the first game...
    I guess it's no surprise when we get are usually brutal opening schedule followed by our annual crawl back out of the sub .500

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I guess it's no surprise when we get are usually brutal opening schedule followed by our annual crawl back out of the sub .500
    I have us winning that game.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I have us winning that game.
    https://media.giphy.com/media/65os7odbIW6pa/giphy.gif

I feel like some of you guys need to get to check for mental delusions.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-08-2018 at 03:15 PM.

Depends how fast Melo will ruin their team.

https://media.giphy.com/media/65os7odbIW6pa/giphy.gif

I feel like some of you guys need to get to check for mental delusions.
    Depends on how both teams come out of training camp obviously, but they've lost a LOT of their defense and a good chunk of their offensive roleplayers too. They still have CP3+Harden+Capela, but no more Ariza, no more Luc Mbah a Moute, so if we gel adequately in training camp and come out with our offensive on fire (as we know it can be) I just don't see how they slow us down. And it's not like we can't defend, Jrue can lock up any guard and AD is the best defender in the league tbh.

Pelicans playing Memphis on MLK Jr Day, according to the NBA instagram.

Depends on how both teams come out of training camp obviously, but they've lost a LOT of their defense and a good chunk of their offensive roleplayers too. They still have CP3+Harden+Capela, but no more Ariza, no more Luc Mbah a Moute, so if we gel adequately in training camp and come out with our offensive on fire (as we know it can be) I just don't see how they slow us down. And it's not like we can't defend, Jrue can lock up any guard and AD is the best defender in the league tbh.
    They may have lost defense, but we lost our facilitator in Rondo.

Lets see what we have with Payton first... Our season really rest on Payton being able to being a serviceable facilitator and defender. Our bench is also not looking too hot either.

I wouldn't be surprise on him being bad, but Vegas giving us a great win probability at like 45.5 wins after losing Rondo. Rondo assist number weren't a joke throughout the season and he played clutch. So, we will see. Maybe Gentry can work his magic. If I was a betting man... I probably take the over, but it's a close over. 48 wins at best.

They may have lost defense, but we lost our facilitator in Rondo.

Lets see what we have with Payton first... Our season really rest on Payton being able to being a serviceable facilitator and defender. Our bench is also not looking too hot either.

I wouldn't be surprise on him being bad, but Vegas giving us a great win probability at like 45.5 wins after losing Rondo. Rondo assist number weren't a joke throughout the season and he played clutch. So, we will see. Maybe Gentry can work his magic. If I was a betting man... I probably take the over, but it's a close over. 48 wins at best.
    I'm not sure how to break this to you, but Rondo didn't really play clutch in the regular season. He barely played in the majority of fourth quarters.

In fact, according to nbaminer.com, in fourth quarters with less than 5 minutes remaining, with neither team ahead by more than 5 points (clutch time, I would call that), Rondo took a total of 16 shots across the 53 games he played in with that criteria. He put up 26 points in those situations, which means he averaged (in the clutch) 2.03 points in the last five minutes of close games. That puts him as the 122nd best scorer in the league in clutch time: tied with Jeremy Lamb and Marcin Gortat, and also tied with Darius Miller and less than Elfrid Payton in the same situation.

You might say that it's not his scoring that matters: it's his IQ and his passing. Maybe so, but is his passing absolutely vital for us? For that, we have to look at who else on our team was scoring in the clutch and how they got their points.

Our leading scorer in these clutch conditions was Jrue Holiday, whose 116 points in these situations was 7th in the entire league, only behind Victor Oladipo, Jimmy Butler, Russell Westbrook, Demar Derozan, Kyrie Irving, and Lebron James. His 50% from the field is also the highest FG% of that top 7. How many of those points was he assisted on? 23.9%. Only 23.9% of Jrue's final minutes buckets were assisted: if you remove 23.9% of his points, you get 88.26, which is still good for 18th in the league in clutch scoring, just ahead of Harrison Barnes, James Harden, and Joel Embiid, and just behind Kristaps Porzingis, Demarcus Cousins, CJ McCollum and Giannis. Jrue's solo scoring at the end of games was absolutely top tier this season, and he didn't need Rondo to do it.

Now you're right, we have to see what we have with Payton and even with Randle and see how the team works with each other. But this story that we've lost some huge factor of our regular season by losing Rondo just needs to stop. It's not true. He was much more important in the playoffs: and this is without even considering how many points he cost us by not bothering to play defense 80% of the time.

I'm not sure how to break this to you, but Rondo didn't really play clutch in the regular season. He barely played in the majority of fourth quarters.

In fact, according to nbaminer.com, in fourth quarters with less than 5 minutes remaining, with neither team ahead by more than 5 points (clutch time, I would call that), Rondo took a total of 16 shots across the 53 games he played in with that criteria. He put up 26 points in those situations, which means he averaged (in the clutch) 2.03 points in the last five minutes of close games. That puts him as the 122nd best scorer in the league in clutch time: tied with Jeremy Lamb and Marcin Gortat, and also tied with Darius Miller and less than Elfrid Payton in the same situation.

You might say that it's not his scoring that matters: it's his IQ and his passing. Maybe so, but is his passing absolutely vital for us? For that, we have to look at who else on our team was scoring in the clutch and how they got their points.

Our leading scorer in these clutch conditions was Jrue Holiday, whose 116 points in these situations was 7th in the entire league, only behind Victor Oladipo, Jimmy Butler, Russell Westbrook, Demar Derozan, Kyrie Irving, and Lebron James. His 50% from the field is also the highest FG% of that top 7. How many of those points was he assisted on? 23.9%. Only 23.9% of Jrue's final minutes buckets were assisted: if you remove 23.9% of his points, you get 88.26, which is still good for 18th in the league in clutch scoring, just ahead of Harrison Barnes, James Harden, and Joel Embiid, and just behind Kristaps Porzingis, Demarcus Cousins, CJ McCollum and Giannis. Jrue's solo scoring at the end of games was absolutely top tier this season, and he didn't need Rondo to do it.

Now you're right, we have to see what we have with Payton and even with Randle and see how the team works with each other. But this story that we've lost some huge factor of our regular season by losing Rondo just needs to stop. It's not true. He was much more important in the playoffs: and this is without even considering how many points he cost us by not bothering to play defense 80% of the time.
    I'd like to add that Rondo set the table for what Jrue and AD were able to do post Booger injury. He taught them moxie. He was needed last yr. NOT SO MUCH NOW! Today this team is far superior to what we ended last yr with.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I'd like to add that Rondo set the table for what Jrue and AD were able to do post Booger injury. He taught them moxie. He was needed last yr. NOT SO MUCH NOW! Today this team is far superior to what we ended last yr with.
    I agree, playing with Rondo was an important part of the maturation process for both AD and Jrue. But that's happened now, they've been through it, and they showed plenty of calm, poise, ability, flexibility, and grit in the deeper moments of games without Rondo by the end of the season. They don't, I think, need him anymore.

Basketball Guru

for the last 3 years on this site,posters were saying that houston was not better than the pelicans,,houston dont play defense and wont make the playoffs or if they do,houston will loose in the first round because they dont play defense.....now that houston loss some players, im pretty sure it will be talks like that again lol....its like posters have not learned that if you give d'antoni scorers then that team will win alot of games....defense is effort and if you give it then you can get by...houston should be a top 4 team if healthy majority of the season...

now,i agree with you that we win that game...i also believe that we are a top 4 team and we will be the houston of last year and run teams out the arena with this team we have now if healthy majority of the season...also if harrison barnes become available and we can get him without giving up niko then im looking at us knocking off the warriors and the western conference will have a new champ....im really hyped about this team...

Being clutch isn't just scoring. Rondo had a hand in game time adjustment, calling plays, and running the offense in clutch situations. Comes in Payton who is a worse defender than Rondo and weaker passer while on par shooting. So, yes... Losing Rondo will have an impact in the season. You guys wanna ride some trash players like Jahil, but run down Rondo like he isn't a solid baller. GTFO of with that bs. I would like to see you take your garbage to real BB forum like The Coli and see how fast people trash you for that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    for the last 3 years on this site,posters were saying that houston was not better than the pelicans,,houston dont play defense and wont make the playoffs or if they do,houston will loose in the first round because they dont play defense.....now that houston loss some players, im pretty sure it will be talks like that again lol....its like posters have not learned that if you give d'antoni scorers then that team will win alot of games....defense is effort and if you give it then you can get by...houston should be a top 4 team if healthy majority of the season...

now,i agree with you that we win that game...i also believe that we are a top 4 team and we will be the houston of last year and run teams out the arena with this team we have now if healthy majority of the season...also if harrison barnes become available and we can get him without giving up niko then im looking at us knocking off the warriors and the western conference will have a new champ....im really hyped about this team...
    I mean, I haven't seen many people saying that Houston wasn't as good as us, at least not the last two years. I don't really recall anyone saying they don't play defense either: I remember them saying (accurately) that Harden doesn't, but he's not the whole team. I have no question that Houston will be a top 4 seed still, probably top 2. I just think that we match-up well with them, and that they're not as good as they were last year.

Being clutch isn't just scoring. Rondo had a hand in game time adjustment, calling plays, and running the offense in clutch situations. Comes in Payton who is a worse defender than Rondo and weaker passer while on par shooting. So, yes... Losing Rondo will have an impact in the season. You guys wanna ride some trash players like Jahil, but run down Rondo like he isn't a solid baller. GTFO of with that bs. I would like to see you take your garbage to real BB forum like The Coli and see how fast people trash you for that nonsense.
    There's no need to be so upset. I've not insulted you, but you're acting like I've said something egregious.

I literally said in the post you've quoted that ''You might say that it's not his scoring that matters: it's his IQ and his passing. Maybe so'', so there's no need to point that out to me. Is Payton a worse defender? Not really, because Rondo's defensive metrics show that during the regular season he doesn't really care and is poor at it. Maybe Payton is even worse, but it's not like you're going from A+ to F here. Is he a worse passer? Sure, he is, but again, it's not like he sucks.

''You guys wanna ride some trash players like Jahil'' Do I? I've said he has some potential that's been un-tapped, that he hasn't really had many opportunities, and that his defense isn't as completely trash tier as some say. You wanna call that riding for him, fine, but I'm not sure I'd agree.

Just calm down a little, read the post, and don't take it so personally. At the end of the day we're both just typing words on a screen about people we've never met.

Rondo was like 7 or 8th on the team in game end minutes. Darius Miller had more minutes played at the end of the game than Rondo did.

This whole narrative that Rondo had a hand in clutch situations is extremely over blown. Over the course of the season he simply did not. It's not that people are riding trash like Jah, it's that you just need to gain a proper perspective of Rondo.

He was good for what he was and I appreciate his work here. He also isn't this huge loss that will have some drastic impact on the team.

we're both just typing words on a screen about people we've never met.

Basketball Guru
    Payton is a pass first PG which we need on this team and if he can set the offense up and take that load off of jrue so he can just concentrate on scoring then dell would have hit another good signing..

As for okafor,,we know the boy can score points..i dont care if he cant play defense like some say..all i want him to do is give the effort on defense and rebound and put a body on the bigger centers to take that pressure off of AD and im good with that...

Just calm down a little, read the post, and don't take it so personally. At the end of the day we're both just typing words on a screen about people we've never met.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14vnsl.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	6350  

Full schedule in an hour - 3p Today

NBA TV to reveal full 2018-19 regular-season schedule on Friday at 4 p.m. ET
    Official release

Aug 9, 2018 6:46 PM ET

NBA TV will unveil the full 2018-19 NBA regular season schedule, including highly-anticipated nationally-televised appearances throughout the entire season, during the NBA TV 2018-19 Schedule Release Show airing on NBA TV tomorrow, Friday, Aug. 10, at 4 p.m.

Casey Stern will host alongside analyst Dennis Scott. The show will also feature contributions from additional Turner Sports NBA analysts – including Shaquille O’Neal and Reggie Miller – among other personalities from around the NBA, as they offer immediate reaction to the biggest games and storylines for the upcoming season.

The show will be streamed on NBA.com and the NBA App. The entire 2018-19 schedule will be posted on the league’s site and official app in conjunction with tomorrow’s show.

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/08/0...ficial-release

Thread Information