Pelicans Report

Thread: Patrick Beverley

Question Patrick Beverley

As most people already know, LA Clippers have 15 players with guaranteed contacts and 1 non guaranteed contract, that being Patrick Beverley.

They currently have 5 PG's on their team if you count L. Williams (I think he is SG).

They will need to waive somebody.
    Since PB will be coming off a season long knee injury, I think he may be cut.

I think PB on this team would be awesome.
    He could come off the bench to begin with, until his knee gets better and then take the starting spot from Payton.

Him and Jrue would be incredible.

If he is waived I don't see many other teams giving him as much playing time as NOLA as most other teams are already set with their PG's.

What are people's thoughts?

https://en.hispanosnba.com/salaries/...geles-clippers

Wonder what kind of contract it would take to get him if he becomes available. Could be a good prove it deal. If he can return to pre injury form that would be a nightmare for opposing guards...

He was cleared for full activity as of June 1st. So looks like hes on the mend. Maybe they let him go.

IMO even injured he has too much value leaguewide to just cut him.
    also LAC needs to cut their roster before season starts (so after preseason). so he will have time to show what he is capable of.

so I doubt here
    as to value if waived. it may be as low as minimum to bet on himself. in a team chosen by himself

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    IMO even injured he has too much value leaguewide to just cut him.
    also LAC needs to cut their roster before season starts (so after preseason). so he will have time to show what he is capable of.

so I doubt here
    as to value if waived. it may be as low as minimum to bet on himself. in a team chosen by himself
    So who do they waive then?
    Wes Johnson?

wes and evans are only candidates IMO.

I like Pat but I think Teodosic is a more realistic and possibly a better fit. Beverley isn't a great play maker and I fear if we acquired him Jrue would be initiating the offense more and going away from what worked so well last year. Teodosic can hit the open 3, is an incredible passer and will make life easy for our offense. I could see an Ajinca + 2nd type deal for Teodosic because he wouldnt have huge value around the league/

Obviously Pat / Jrue would be a great defensive backcourt but the value of that isn't worth having a poor play maker setting up AD/Jrue/Randle/Miro

I like Beverly with Moore and Mirotic being the other big 3. let jrue randle and brow handle the first team. I coveted him a few years back when he was a rocket.

This season of his contract is a team option for around $5mil, if memory serves me correctly. Wonder when the team option deadline for that is.

The Franchise
    I like our guards. Peyton, Jackson, Jrue, and Clark could all play PG and Moore, Jrue, Bluiett, Clark, and Miller could play SG (I could see another SG maybe). The only way I'd really want another is if we upgraded somehow like Kemba and I really don't want anyone else that is gettable (Kyrie). I'd be ok with Ty Lawson on a min but other than that if he is at the end of the bench, lets get a guy we can mold and put him on a 2 way contract say like Duval.

Maybe r j hunter for a 2 way

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I like our guards. Peyton, Jackson, Jrue, and Clark could all play PG and Moore, Jrue, Bluiett, Clark, and Miller could play SG (I could see another SG maybe). The only way I'd really want another is if we upgraded somehow like Kemba and I really don't want anyone else that is gettable (Kyrie). I'd be ok with Ty Lawson on a min but other than that if he is at the end of the bench, lets get a guy we can mold and put him on a 2 way contract say like Duval.
    Milwaukee got Duval on a two way

Thread Information