Pelicans Report

Thread: JUST FOR FUN - WOULD YOU MAKE THIS TRADE?

JUST FOR FUN - WOULD YOU MAKE THIS TRADE?

I know most would say no, but what if they throw in a lottery protected first, or top 5 protected?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menbnola.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	6352

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    I know most would say no, but what if they throw in a lottery protected first, or top 5 protected?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	menbnola.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	6352
    I think I'd do it.

LOL, it says both teams are worse by 3 games! I guess that means its an even trade.

I would say no. The contract is such an albatross. You would basically be giving up all our trade-able contracts for a guy that just can't stay healthy. If it was an expiring, maybe. If that contract was half, maybe. The grizz currently have him listed as 3rd string power forward by the way, we don't need another stretch 4. It tells me even the Grizz see he has lost the athleticism to play the 3.

In short, its not worth the risk.

Edit: His contract is worse than I thought, 24.1 mil this year and 25.1 next year. Absolutely not!
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 08-25-2018 at 04:18 PM.

The Franchise
    No thanks. I’d much rather Wiggins if we gonna take a really high contract. At least he’s young and not injured. Funny thing is 5 years ago I’d have said he’ll yea.

I never was on Chandler's hype train. I thought he was a product of Harden and their system. I feel pretty spot on by that.

I hope Solomon hill comes back with a fire lit under his buttocks. I hope we shed whatever salary we can by the next off-season. Maybe hill will finally justify his salary.

What about solo ajinca and liggins for d authur and d Carroll?

I think our best chance to change our roster will be at the deadline tho.

Yeah, it's gonna be a no from me
    Basketball.

Eh. I don't think I'd do it even with a top 5 protected 1st from them. I'd think about it, but my biggest issue is he is a lot harder of a deal to move. The benefit of all those smaller contracts is it gives us a ton of flexibility on trades to match salaries. Once we took Parsons contract on we'd be stuck with looking at max deal players. I'm not even sure there's someone on their roster that I'd want added to the deal to make it worth it either.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    No thanks. I’d much rather Wiggins if we gonna take a really high contract. At least he’s young and not injured. Funny thing is 5 years ago I’d have said he’ll yea.
    Wiggins would make a choice pickup.

Just for the record, I wouldn't do it even if the first wasn't protected.

Basketball Guru
    i would not do it because if he sucks then we are stuck with 25mil for another year and plus i would rather wait and see if we could pay that type of money to harrison barnes if by some reason he opted into his 25mil player option but i would try and get him so we can have him,,jrue and AD under contract into their 30s and have a solid big 3 at key positions to build around and compete for those years......

Thread Information