Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: With possible future trades aside, what does our cap situation look like next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No one would take Klay over KD on any team. Just stop it.
    I would...

If I already had AD, LBJ, and Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    I would...

If I already had AD, LBJ, and Kawhi
    Meh. I'd still take him. AD at the 5, KD at the 4, LBJ at the 3, Kwahi at the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Meh. I'd still take him. AD at the 5, KD at the 4, LBJ at the 3, Kwahi at the 2.
    Add Jrue at point guard, and even with me as head coach, we'd still win 50 plus games.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Add Jrue at point guard, and even with me as head coach, we'd still win 50 plus games.
    You could put a cardboard cutout of yourself up there and still win 50+

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Lol I can’t believe he just said KD was the fourth best player in the game
    I mean, I was purposely being a little tongue in cheek, but only half-way. I genuinely do think there are arguments for both Kawhi and AD at their best over KD, and I don't think I need to spell out why LBJ is better.
    Basketball.

Im not even sure KD is as good as 4th. Id take some different players over him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Im not even sure KD is as good as 4th. Id take some different players over him though.
    Oh wow, now that's a surprise. Who would you take over KD, I'm curious?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I mean, I was purposely being a little tongue in cheek, but only half-way. I genuinely do think there are arguments for both Kawhi and AD at their best over KD, and I don't think I need to spell out why LBJ is better.
    Ok I see now.. but Kawhi is gonna have to show me something after the injury
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Ok I see now.. but Kawhi is gonna have to show me something after the injury
    For sure, for all we know he could come back and be a shell of himself, or he could comeback and have an MVP season. Have to wait and see, really.

Realistically, I think that just as there are arguments for KD (pure scoring ability, especially with efficiency, solid all around game), there are also arguments for AD (best big man in the league, best rim protector in the league, top 3 two-way player, elite scorer), and there are for Kawhi too (league's best perimeter defender by far, efficient and capable scorer, capable of totally erasing an opposing superstar), but I'm not really too mad whichever order you have them in. If you want KD as 2nd, or as 4th, I think either is justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For sure, for all we know he could come back and be a shell of himself, or he could comeback and have an MVP season. Have to wait and see, really.

Realistically, I think that just as there are arguments for KD (pure scoring ability, especially with efficiency, solid all around game), there are also arguments for AD (best big man in the league, best rim protector in the league, top 3 two-way player, elite scorer), and there are for Kawhi too (league's best perimeter defender by far, efficient and capable scorer, capable of totally erasing an opposing superstar), but I'm not really too mad whichever order you have them in. If you want KD as 2nd, or as 4th, I think either is justifiable.
    So you wouldn’t put KD as a 2 way player ? But I agree it is interchangeable... I would put KD second and AD third

So you wouldn’t put KD as a 2 way player ? But I agree it is interchangeable... I would put KD second and AD third
    He is, but his defense is not as good as either Kawhi or AD's. It's still good, and he is a good defender, I'm not trying to say he isn't, but Kawhi is simply the best perimeter defender in the league without question, and AD might be the most versatile defender the league has seen in years.

Thread Information